• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon's Personalities

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
In the Anime, all Pokemon have quite a personality! So, let's discuss which Pokemon of the main characters take after their trainer's the most, if anyone can say something other than Ash's Pikachu in this regard, I'd be very thrilled.

Years
  • Age 42
  • Seen Nov 20, 2016
I am going to say Ash's Froakie and its evolutions. Seriously, it has IMO even more personality similarities with Ash than Pikachu and that's something to say.
Spoiler:

Also Buneary had personality not that far from Dawn. But that's actually all I can think of right now.

Years
Casey's Chikorita definitely took after Casey both in terms of attitude and enthusiasm for the "electabuzz baseball team". Also, Serena's fennekin took after her with her love of performing and keeping clean, not to mention mimicking Serena's actions a lot of the time.

Years
I really loved the personality of Ash's Infernape. It was definitely my fave of Ash's Sinnoh team and had a lot of story behind it, from its beginning with Paul to being abused by him and eventually adopted by Ash who was able to bring out its true power.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Alright, let's get cracking.

I'm in agreement with Horn. Ash's Froakie/Frogadier/Greninja definitely takes after Ash the most. This will be made evident later in the XYZ series. I'm not going to go and spoil anything. There are plenty of other Pokemon that take after Ash's personality, like Infernape, as stated above, and many others I can't think of at this time.

For Misty, I can't really think of any that truly take after her. I'd say Togetic, but that doesn't really work, since her personality mellows over time from how she used to be. None of her Pokemon really take after her personality, it's kind of hard for me to pinpoint.

For Brock, his Ludicolo takes after him a lot, since, like Brock, Ludicolo fell in love (as a Lombre!), and loves to dance. I always saw a lot of Brock in Ludicolo for some reason, and now that I think about it, this works perfectly for me.

I'm not sure for May, either, all her Pokemon are vastly different from her, but I'd definitely have to say her Blaziken takes the most after May, seeing as it was her first Pokemon she had ever obtained.

As for Dawn, totally agreeing with Buneary. She's very feminine, just like Dawn, and she, also, much like Dawn, didn't change much throughout the entire journey with Ash and Brock. The two of them together, also really like looking nice, so it fits, in various ways.

The Pokemon that takes the most after Iris? ...Dragonite. You'd have to really see where I'm coming from to understand why I picked this. Both are kind of stubborn, in various ways, and Axew was too much of a young one to really take after his trainer.

None of Cilan's Pokemon particularly take after him, except for Pansage. I don't have much to say about this.

For Clemont, his Chespin takes a lot after him, but I really can't think of a though out reason at this time.

Finally, like people have said above me, Serena's Braixen takes the most after her, their interests are similar to one another, and since it was her first Pokemon, they both work well together! Serena's Sylveon, as an Eevee, took after her a lot, too, so both these Pokemon take after Serena's personality, in fact.

Years
  • Age 42
  • Seen Nov 20, 2016
Chespin reminding Clemont? Sorry, but no. On the contrary, actually. Chespin reminds me of Piplup, a Pokémon who's personality couldn't be far from his trainer. And he also, sort of, reminds me of Brock, but that's strange comparison, really and I rather not go there. The closest to Clemont's personality is Bunnelby, though Luxray also took something from him. But even those two aren't that close to Clemont's personality either. So, I rather say Clemont doesn't have Pokémon who took after him.
But I totally agree with Braixen. How could I forgot about her? Yes, she really is close to Serena's personality.

Years
Chespin reminding Clemont? Sorry, but no. On the contrary, actually. Chespin reminds me of Piplup, a Pokémon who's personality couldn't be far from his trainer. And he also, sort of, reminds me of Brock, but that's strange comparison, really and I rather not go there. The closest to Clemont's personality is Bunnelby, though Luxray also took something from him. But even those two aren't that close to Clemont's personality either. So, I rather say Clemont doesn't have Pokémon who took after him.
But I totally agree with Braixen. How could I forgot about her? Yes, she really is close to Serena's personality.

I agree that Clemont not having any pokemon taking after him, especially Chespin. Chespin is on the one hand very out-going, and at times very sneaky, but still proud. Clement on thr other hand is very modest and shy, except when he brings out a new invention.

One person we haven't mentioned so far is Tracey. Any thoughts on him and Maril?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
One person we haven't mentioned so far is Tracey. Any thoughts on him and Maril?

I'm just going to say that this is my opinion. No one has to agree with it since I've always felt Chespin and Clemont are similar in ways...

Anyway, since someone brought up Tracey, whom I forget about a lot, sorry, I'd definitely say his Marill resembles Tracey's personality a lot. Since Tracey wasn't in the anime long enough for me to judge him on any of his Pokemon, that's why I skipped over him in the first place, I apologize.

As for Team Rocket, since I wasn't sure if I could think of any Pokemon that took after their Pokemon, since... none of them really act like their trainer! None that they currently have or released, anyway.

Years
I'm just going to say that this is my opinion. No one has to agree with it since I've always felt Chespin and Clemont are similar in ways...

Anyway, since someone brought up Tracey, whom I forget about a lot, sorry, I'd definitely say his Marill resembles Tracey's personality a lot. Since Tracey wasn't in the anime long enough for me to judge him on any of his Pokemon, that's why I skipped over him in the first place, I apologize.

As for Team Rocket, since I wasn't sure if I could think of any Pokemon that took after their Pokemon, since... none of them really act like their trainer! None that they currently have or released, anyway.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, we won't hold it against you :)

Team Rocket? You could argue that Wabbaffet took after Jessie in some ways. Both liked being in the spotlight and dressing up to look their best for the camera.

Years
  • Age 42
  • Seen Nov 20, 2016
Wobbuffet? I don't really think so. However, Jessie's Gourgeist is different story. I think she took a lot lot of personality from Jessie.

But there's one more Pokémon that came on my mind, Paul's Electvire. That one took so many of Paul's personalities, that I may even call it Pokémon version of Paul :)

Last edited:
Back