• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Here's the Thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I don't know much about 3D modelling, but the stuff you've made so far looks pretty cool!
    That flower almost looks like some kind of jewel because of the colours and patterns hehe

Years
  • I don't know much about 3D modelling, but the stuff you've made so far looks pretty cool!
    That flower almost looks like some kind of jewel because of the colours and patterns hehe

Well when I did those teacups, it was literally my first week of modeling, so you can learn pretty fast!
    I find certain parts kinda frustrating, as I actually made textures for the petal and it is not as intuitive as you think it would be to paint something. Well I guess if I just literally hand painted it it wouldn't be so bad, but trying to get the faces to work and saving the textures and what nots. That I have no idea if it's put into something else do I need to join everything and make it one object and one texture???

That probably didn't make any sense, but yeah! I made up a design and I like how it turned out. It almost looks like it could be a hard candy to me haha.

ZKE

Not an ounce of maturity.
    Years
  • Lady in Reeeeed
    I really like this one. Your shading and anatomy seems pretty on point throughout. The only area that was slightly bugging me out was the way her right wrist seemed to taper down so thinly, but when I quoted your post and saw the full sized image that issued cleared up at once. Good work!

myystogan

[cimg=width:30px;"]https://i.imgur.com/gbudGz1.png
    Years
  • Well... I've just become a fan of your work, Nina. Your gallery is very charming, and I'd be surprised if anyone who took a peek didn't fall in love at first sight, haha. It's inevitable.

I might be exaggerating a bit, but really - I admire how flexible you are. I love your latest updates, so I went through the rest of your thread as well, and everything is positively amazing. There's such a great variety of art in your gallery; drawings, pixels, 3D work... you're even good at cake decorating, damnit. It's incredible.

Years
  • Well... I've just become a fan of your work, Nina. Your gallery is very charming, and I'd be surprised if anyone who took a peek didn't fall in love at first sight, haha. It's inevitable.

I might be exaggerating a bit, but really - I admire how flexible you are. I love your latest updates, so I went through the rest of your thread as well, and everything is positively amazing. There's such a great variety of art in your gallery; drawings, pixels, 3D work... you're even good at cake decorating, damnit. It's incredible.

Thanks so much! I like to try a lot of different things, even if it's at the expensive of not getting particularly good in one thing.

xFataLx

Dreaming oV a Dead Sun
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2018
    very nice work. really liking the drawings and the pixel art. how long does it usually take to do the pixel pieces? i might have to give that a shot one of these days.

Years
  • very nice work. really liking the drawings and the pixel art. how long does it usually take to do the pixel pieces? i might have to give that a shot one of these days.

Thanks!
    Pixel art takes a lot longer than anything else unfortunately.

Here's the Thing

I think these in total took like....4 hours all together? I started with very quick drawings, then pixel sketches, then some shading and refining. The smaller sprites that aren't so detailed only took about 30 minutes at most. The people were pretty hard, I didn't keep track of them.

xFataLx

Dreaming oV a Dead Sun
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2018
    Thanks!
    Pixel art takes a lot longer than anything else unfortunately.

Here's the Thing

I think these in total took like....4 hours all together? I started with very quick drawings, then pixel sketches, then some shading and refining. The smaller sprites that aren't so detailed only took about 30 minutes at most. The people were pretty hard, I didn't keep track of them.
    o.O takes me that long just to do a drawing. i think ill stick with trying to learn digital painting haha. hope to see more from you

tofu-scrambler

small independent marshmallow
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2015
    ohhh i really love your gallery and how diverse it is! it's so refreshing to see someone work with such a wide range of mediums. your art style is gorgeous, i love the most recent drawings you posted. i especially like the dress on the girl you posted a couple hours ago! i want one like that irl haha. and the cakes you show in your first post are beautiful!!! i really wanna learn cake decorating myself, someday. definitely keep up the great work, i look forward to seeing more!

Years
  • ohhh i really love your gallery and how diverse it is! it's so refreshing to see someone work with such a wide range of mediums. your art style is gorgeous, i love the most recent drawings you posted. i especially like the dress on the girl you posted a couple hours ago! i want one like that irl haha. and the cakes you show in your first post are beautiful!!! i really wanna learn cake decorating myself, someday. definitely keep up the great work, i look forward to seeing more!

Haha, I get a lot of outfit/drawing idea from Gaia Online. Not really active on there, but it's a nice dress up game.
    Spoiler:

I on one side like how diverse I am, but also get mad at myself because I think I need to focus on thing instead of a bunch of different things at one.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back