• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mythical Pokémon

Frozen Lotus

Shay's Ice Prince
Years
  • I hate the way they distribute them, but I love the idea. I can see why some people would prefer to see them be in-game but really difficult to obtain... but I kind of like the idea of them only popping up in special giveaways every so often. Makes them feel really scarce, like you have to take your chance while you have it... as long as each one EVENTUALLY always gets redistributed. Still waiting on that Arceus I missed out on.

Years
  • I like the idea of Mythical Pokemon, that they're even rarer than Legendaries. I'm fine with distributions, at the moment anyway, because online is easy and the GAME in my home town is reliable with events. If neither of these were the case then I'd hate it! I like that they are rare, it makes them special, but I do think it's about time they distributed some again! I'm missing Jirachi, Shaymin and Manaphy and it's so hard to know what's legit these days in trading!

Years
  • Getting them isn't hard... it's waiting for the announcements of their events. I have all of them thanks to doing events since like forever, but I can see how annoying it can be waiting for event announcements for those who want a specific Pokemon like Jirachi.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I'm cool with these Pokémon, I'm fully aware that they are mere marketing tools for the franchise. I love the designs of Keldeo, Jirachi, Victini, Shaymin (both forms). I don't mind spending a few bucks just to get them! ^^

Now to answer one of the questions from the thread. Japan gets all the best events because:
    - Firstly, Pokémon originated from Japan.
    - Secondly, The Pokémon Company is promoting the franchise like crazy -- there were Pokémon theme parks in Japan (and Taiwan), there are even airlines that featured Pokémon. {XD}

So that is why they get the best events around the world. :)

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • I have never gotten a mythical Pokemon through an event. Indeed the only time I have received a mythical Pokemon are Hoopa and Diancie on the GTS. Tried them both out and didn't enjoy using either and traded them back.

Whilst I had no idea if they were legit, at least I got the Pokedex entry for them.

One downside of mythical Pokemon is how it ruins the Gts. I looked for a Magmar yesterday and all wanted an event Pokemon.

Back