• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello!

linden

"The 'Robin Hood' Pokémon"
Years
  • Hi everyone!
    My name is Linden and I was a lurker on these forums for a long time about 5 years ago.
    I'm 25 and from Norfolk, UK and enjoy playing Pokémon fan-games in my spare time (amongst other things).

Back in 2010 I was working on a FireRed hack in a region called Minna, based on Europe, but the ROM hacking tools were a bit too complex for me at the time. I did have a pretty sweet looking region map though! (See attachment)

After playing Pokémon Reborn this year and being really impressed by the project, I decided to start a Pokémon game project of my own, using RPG Maker XP and Pokémon Essentials.

I'm still in the very early stages of this game (I have 15 minutes of gameplay so far), but I thought I would return to the PokéCommunity forums for advice and to share my progress as I complete different parts of the project.

Attachments

• Hello!
      minna-map3.PNG
      8.4 KB · Views: 46
    Years
  • Glad you're back into the game-making scene, getting started is indeed hard but it's worth it once you get the hang of things. Looking forward to having your project published on the forum and welcome, Linden. n~n See you around!

linden

"The 'Robin Hood' Pokémon"
    Years
  • Thank you both! I'm enjoying getting my teeth stuck into RPG Maker and Pokémon Essentials, and testing the water with custom characters and tilesets.

For me, the parts of game design that come naturally are storyline(/quests) the RPG Maker coding, and music. My weakest area is the artwork.

At least with Essentials, I have all of the pre-existing tilesets, sprites and other artwork there to use as a placeholder for future custom game art.

Hopefully, I'll post an overview of my game in the Game Dev section some time in the next couple of weeks, once I have the basics sorted out.

Back