• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

hey im here for the food

Years
Since Thanksgiving Day (at least, American Thanksgiving) is nearby, families are coming together to make an exorbitant amount of real good food. So, what foods do you guys have on Thanksgiving?

Years
We have all the basic stuff that's usually served, (turkey, various vegetables, bread, cranberry sauce) but I'd have to say my favorite is sweet potatoes/yams.

Years
Turkey, candied yams, mashed potatoes, green beans, rolls, various kinds of pies...

Then this only applies if I'm visiting my parents, since I've yet to come across anybody else who makes it for their own holiday meals, but peach bavarian as well (it's basically a jello salad, I guess: lots of whipped topping, lemon gelatin, and peaches all mixed into a mold).

Visited someone the other year who made macaroni and cheese to go with her dinner, that was pretty good too. But then again I'm always a sucker for homemade mac and cheese.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
Everyone in my family and extended family pitches in, so there is usually a great variety of foods (except for me because i suck).

....and I really only eat the turkey, rolls, and pumpkin pie. Mashed potatoes if there is some, and also this weird mix of stuff that is common, but I forget what its called.

Years
Thanksgiving's already passed here, but we don't have a turkey on thanksgiving, but rather either chicken or salmon. This year we had salmon and it was really good! Afterwards we had pie <3

Bay

Years
Turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, vegetables, and dinner rolls most of the time. We also eat fried rice along with everything else.

Early

☆ My, how the Earth does move... ☆
Years
Turkey, homemade macaroni, candied yams, dressing, veggies, ham, cranberry sauce, and... something I might be forgetting(?) are usually parts of our dinner, with the macaroni being my absolute favorite. But since we're going to a relative's house for dinner this year their spouse will probably be making Hispanic-styled foods for us to try, making this the first Thanksgiving where we won't have our usual "soul food" dishes.

Back