• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

oras ubers team building competition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
  • Yeah, how about we make our own thread for Ubers. We already have one for OU. Basically, follow the same rules, which are as follows:

This is our version of the team building competitions you'll find on Smogon. We hope that this competition will allow people to hone their team building skills and learn from their peers so that a major barrier for entry to battling here at PC ("I don't have a good team") will be defanged. More importantly, its main purpose is just to be a fun way to casually compete with others in a different environment than a battle and to be a fun way to engage competitive Pokemon.

The process is relatively straightforward. Each round will last two weeks. The rounds will start with me posting a new core of two Pokemon. Once the core is posted, you will have a full week to brainstorm, test, and post your team which includes those two core members. After a week, submissions will be closed, and there will be three days to discuss the teams that have been posted and to offer suggestions. Anyone who made a submission can implement suggestions or otherwise edit their team during this time if they so choose, so long as they note what edits have been made. (You are also free to discuss the teams during the submission period! This is just to make sure that there is enough room for discussion.) There will then be three days of voting.

While there aren't any rules, per se, we do ask that you consider the following guidelines:
    When you post a team, please include an importable of your team (you can copy this from Showdown) and an explanation of the choices you made during team building. A sample entry is posted below.
    There is no need for ostentatious presentation of your submission, but using images as a visual aid would be a good touch.
    Don't bandwagon teams during the voting process. That's why the judging panel exists, but even so, try to judge the team on its own merits rather than who posted it.
    When voting, consider the criteria that the panel will be using: viability (if the team good?), creativity (does it stray from standard builds?), and synergy (is there evidence of thoughtful team building?).
    You can only post one team for each round, so use your submission wisely!
    Remember that this is for fun, so don't be a jerk when making suggestions for other teams. It's a competition, yes, but we are also striving for a sort of collective construction of team-building knowledge.

with that said, LET'S BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!

Round 1 Core:

250.gif
    618.gif

And yes, Stunfisk is viable. Or maybe not, considering the state of the ubers ladder...

Reactions: Nah

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    So, first entry in the Ubers Team Building competition:

250.gif
    618.gif
    PKyogre_ORAS.gif
    493-3.gif
    384.gif
    717.gif

Spoiler: Importable

Ho-Oh @ Life Orb
    Ability: Regenerator
    EVs: 248 HP / 208 Atk / 52 SpD
    Adamant Nature
    - Sacred Fire
    - Brave Bird
    - Roost
    - Substitute

Stunfisk @ Leftovers
    Ability: Static
    EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
    Bold Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Toxic
    - Discharge
    - Earth Power

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
    Ability: Primordial Sea
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Origin Pulse
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunder
    - Calm Mind

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
    Ability: Air Lock
    Shiny: Yes
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
    Naughty Nature
    - Dragon Ascent
    - Surf
    - Extreme Speed
    - Draco Meteor

Arceus-Poison @ Toxic Plate
    Ability: Multitype
    EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 Spe
    Impish Nature
    - Poison Jab
    - Defog
    - Recover
    - Will-O-Wisp

Yveltal @ Black Glasses
    Ability: Dark Aura
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Mild Nature
    - Dark Pulse
    - Oblivion Wing
    - Taunt
    - Sucker Punch

Spoiler: words n shit

So Ho-oh and Stunfisk make for decent type synergy, with Ho-oh resisting Grass and being immune to Ground for Stunfisk, while Stunfisk is immune to Electric and resists Rock for Ho-oh. But they both share a Water weakness, so I threw in Primal Kyogre to deal with that. Put AmourPearlShipper's Surf Rayquaza on the team as a different answer to Primal Groudon, cuz it sounds like a good idea and you can't go without a Primal Groudon check these days. You also can't go without a GeoXern check. Normally I use a Steel type to do that, but this time I was like hey let's try Poison Arceus for something a little different. I also needed Defog support since Ho-oh hates Rocks. Put Yveltal in the last slot to have a 3rd Ground immunity, as well as destroy Lugia and the Giratinas who probably give this team trouble. Does make the team a little rock weak tho....

Prolly not that great, but there it is.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • So, first entry in the Ubers Team Building competition:

250.gif
    618.gif
    PKyogre_ORAS.gif
    493-3.gif
    384.gif
    717.gif

Spoiler: Importable

Ho-Oh @ Life Orb
    Ability: Regenerator
    EVs: 248 HP / 208 Atk / 52 SpD
    Adamant Nature
    - Sacred Fire
    - Brave Bird
    - Roost
    - Substitute

Stunfisk @ Leftovers
    Ability: Static
    EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
    Bold Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Toxic
    - Discharge
    - Earth Power

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
    Ability: Primordial Sea
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Origin Pulse
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunder
    - Calm Mind

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
    Ability: Air Lock
    Shiny: Yes
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
    Naughty Nature
    - Dragon Ascent
    - Surf
    - Extreme Speed
    - Draco Meteor

Arceus-Poison @ Toxic Plate
    Ability: Multitype
    EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 Spe
    Impish Nature
    - Poison Jab
    - Defog
    - Recover
    - Will-O-Wisp

Yveltal @ Black Glasses
    Ability: Dark Aura
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Mild Nature
    - Dark Pulse
    - Oblivion Wing
    - Taunt
    - Sucker Punch

Spoiler: words n shit

So Ho-oh and Stunfisk make for decent type synergy, with Ho-oh resisting Grass and being immune to Ground for Stunfisk, while Stunfisk is immune to Electric and resists Rock for Ho-oh. But they both share a Water weakness, so I threw in Primal Kyogre to deal with that. Put AmourPearlShipper's Surf Rayquaza on the team as a different answer to Primal Groudon, cuz it sounds like a good idea and you can't go without a Primal Groudon check these days. You also can't go without a GeoXern check. Normally I use a Steel type to do that, but this time I was like hey let's try Poison Arceus for something a little different. I also needed Defog support since Ho-oh hates Rocks. Put Yveltal in the last slot to have a 3rd Ground immunity, as well as destroy Lugia and the Giratinas who probably give this team trouble. Does make the team a little rock weak tho....

Prolly not that great, but there it is.

Some feedback:

EKiller Arceus... I can definitely see that thing as a decent threat, especially Adamant LO (very rare fortunately). Don't let it set up.
    P-Groudon: Surf Ray is not THAT reliable, since the one from my team could stop sweepers/defensive variants, and by far the most common is offensive SR. Try EQ over Surf to stop Rockceus and Heatran.
    Ho-oh however is a huge threat to this team. I'd use 124 Spe EVs to speed creep. Or even 136 for Groudon.

Reactions: Nah
    Back