• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Genki's Guide to Sinnoh Slang

Years
  • I saw a Thread here that was similar but it's been locked that made me think of slang words that could be used in the Pokemon world.
    Tell me what you think and if you like them XD

Credit
    Editing done my me. Ideas and definitions were helped by a friend on G+, Akiko Kobayashi

Pokéslang In The Sinnoh Region! - By Professor Genki

Gift Egg (Adjective) An undesirable person/Pokémon, unpopular.
    Meaning: To give someone away at birth to any passerby out of a desire to be rid of them, like a Pokémon egg found at Daycare.

"Like anyone would want to be friends with you, Gift egg!"
    "That trainer is such a Gift Egg, no wonder his Pokémon won't obey him"

Lax/Laxing (Verb) To be lazy, do very little.
    Meaning: To do nothing more but to sit around and eat/sleep like a Snorlax.

"I'm too busy Laxing to join you on your Quest"

Twitchers (Adjective) Someone who twitches frantically in public trying to meet your gaze
    Meaning: An annoying Pokémon trainer that approaches you for a battle even if you don't want to.

"Damn, I better be careful. There's a bunch of Twitchers up ahead"

Dex/Dexing (Verb/Adj) Moving through an area inhabited by wild Pokémon. To fill the Pokédex.
    Meaning: To search an area where wild Pokémon can/will appear

"I have to Dex through this area to get to the next city"

Gloom Cannister (Noun) A Repel.
    Meaning: A horrible smell in a can that only Pokémon can sense, it repels wild Pokémon. It resembles the foul smelling Pokémon Gloom.

"I just brought a Gloom Cannister to help me get past the cave ahead"

And that concludes Vol 1 of Genki's Sinnoh Slang. Now you should be able to Lax while Dexing, ride with a Gloom Canister, steer clear of Twitchers, and avoid catching any Gift Eggs!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Vol 2

Nods (Adjective) A person characterized as always nodding in approval, often blindly without any though
    Meaning: A member or follower of an organisation/Gym who always follows orders and agrees with their master, a minion

"There's always a bunch of Nods around team Aquas hideout"

Hanging (Verb) To be feeling exhausted, to have given it your all to the point of passing out.
    Meaning: When your Pokémon has fainted in battle.

"My Pikachu is hanging after that battle"

Ball Sniff/Pokéball Sniffer (Verb) An offensive term used to insult a Trainers love for their Pokémon. Could also be used to Trainers with a party of the same Pokémon.
    Meaning: To imply a sexual attraction to a Trainers favorite Pokémon. (See bestiality)

"Trainer Gregg is a Ball Sniff. He hand washes his Gardevoir"
    "That last battle was easy. The kid was a Pokéball sniffer and only used Zubats"

Professor's Glasses (Verb) A region's Professor who can't tell the gender of people when standing in front of them
    Meaning: When your Pokémon hurts itself in confusion. Like a professor getting a headache if not told the answer.

"I almost lost it when Charmander got Professor's glasses in that battle"

Jigglies (Verb/Adj) Slang for the Pokémon Jigglypuff. It's known to sing a lulluby that puts people to sleep. Can also be used to describe a female's breasts.
    Meaning: Someone that constantly talks to you before, during or after a battle. They drone on and on to the point where you might aswell go to sleep.

"Shut the hell up and give me the badge you Jiggly!"
    "Wow, that beauty has some nice Jigglies"

Cosmonods/Shuttlenods/Puddlenods/Volcanods (Verb) Team Galactic, Team Rocket, Team Aqua and Team Magma respectively.
    Meaning: To name a criminal organization in a slanderous way. Naming them all nods and corrupting their official title.

Black guy in Kanto(Colloquial Phrase) Somewhat offensive term to vaguely mention Brock the Gym Leader of Pewter Town
    Meaning: To look for a very rare Pokémon. To have about the same chance of finding a black guy in the Kanto region.

"Looking for a Feebas is like finding a black guy in Kanto!"
    "You'll have better luck finding a black guy in Kanto than catching a Chancy at the Safari park"

Scoop (Verb) The words used by news reporters and Journalists when finding a gifted Trainer
    Meaning: To be very popular/Famous. To be known throughout the region or beyond.

"Cynthia is the scoop of Sinnoh!"

Cubone's Complex (Adjective) To smite someone with great vengeance and furious anger, like a Cubone avenging it's mother
    Meaning: To go after a Trainer/Goal and annihilate everything in your way. Whether you're successful or not.

"I have a Cubone Complex and you're going down!"

Below is a brief list of slang words for Pokémon types.

Grass - Fertilizers
    Fire - Matchsticks
    Ground - Claypots
    Electric - Statics
    Water - Coolers
    Rock - Pebbles
    Flying - Feathers
    Ice - Sickles
    Normal - Bogs
    Bug - Buzzers
    Ghost - Phantoms
    Fighting - Bruisers
    Dragon - Enchanters
    Psychic - Wiseguys

That's it for Vol 2. With so many more to learn and remember, be sure to look back and practice what you know.

Last edited:
    Back