• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Isn't it weird that you have battles in the burial ground towers?

Years
  • This was something that was brought up the other day while I was watching a certain YouTuber's Alpha Sapphire blind playthrough, while he was in Mt. Pyre. He mentioned that it's rather ironic that you're battling and killing Pokémon in places where people are meant to mourn their dead Pokémon. But when you think about it that way, it's kind of true - in fact, one of the trainers in Mt. Pyre calls you rude and thinking you came after him looking for rare Pokémon. Don't you think that doesn't give off a proper message?

How about you? Is it odd to you that trainers lurk and fight you in a place that's supposed to be sad? Discuss.

Years
  • I know, it was kinda annoying lol.

"Hey please be quiet, Pokemon's souls rest here. Also lets freakin battle!! Bring out your Gyarados and lets wreck this, Go Gastly, destrooooooy him....but please, quietly."

Yeah its funny but lets face it, if Pokemon games were always logical, GF wouldnt be the one who made them :D

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    In-game, I don't believe things like this ever seem very odd to me, to be honest.

While we're playing games, battles could take place anywhere, and whenever we get into one, someone of us (including myself) tend to forget about what location we happen to be at the time, and don't actually imagine how much sense it makes or does not make to be having matches in such a place. I hope I didn't sound too confusing here!

One example of above would be battling indoors; when we take part in matches while we're inside some place, nothing seems to happen at all as consequence. If it were real life, however, things would have been much more different.

Years
  • In-game, I don't believe things like this ever seem very odd to me, to be honest.

While we're playing games, battles could take place anywhere, and whenever we get into one, someone of us (including myself) tend to forget about what location we happen to be at the time, and don't actually imagine how much sense it makes or does not make to be having matches in such a place. I hope I didn't sound too confusing here!

One example of above would be battling indoors; when we take part in matches while we're inside some place, nothing seems to happen at all as consequence. If it were real life, however, things would have been much more different.

I dont think it would have been much different. Battling with a Gyarados in the Pokecenter (HG/SS) or a ship (S.S. Anne, FR/LG) seems reasonable and I cant think of consequences.

lol I can
    Hint: Abandoned ship, RSE tehee. :D

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • See if this were the real world that'd be totally inappropriate and disrespectful...but this is Pokemon we are talking about here so it's just like 8D

WolfMirage

"Last Raven"
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2016
    A lot things don't make sense in pokemon and this gos on that list. But yeah it is kinda strang and funny

Sirfetch’d

It's definitely creepy and not something that I would do if Pokemon existed, but I don't necessarily think it's weird haha. Now, nothing in Pokemon is weird to me! I love the craziness and how nothing makes any sense. I mean you do battle in the middle of the ocean too!

Years
  • Not to mention in ORAS, while i'm mentioning Mt. Pyre, the battle background has gravestones. While it does have a nice aesthetic look for a background (better than all the ones that use the stupid black shade with the lined floors, like the trainers in Gyms), I don't feel too great about its implications.

Years
  • I find it creepy, and well downright weird. Especially when you're battling around these innocent people who are mourning their lost Pokemon. But as you know Game Freak logic is weird like it has always been.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    As disrespectful as this'd be in the real world, I think what Gamefreak was trying to do was to create a setting where trainers of ghost types and those who communciated with the supernatural (eg. psychics and meditators) could battle trainers. As inappropiate as it was for them to use a graveyard, it works since there's an abudance of spirits and ghosts in places like Pokemon Tower and so forth. They definitely could of moved these types of trainers to haunted houses or spooky forests though. ):

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • You guys are talking about graveyards and here I'm thinking about Unova's E4 rooms. I mean, the rooms are so tiny and they're up high, and then you bring a Pokemon with Earthquake...

Okay, back to burial grounds. It's kinda funny actually, to have a battle amongst the rows of dead Pokemon. Then again, we're not the one who's challenging those trainers, they're the ones who challenged us.

"Hey I'm so sorry for your loss-"
    "You're here for my Pokemon! Let's battle!"
    "What wait no-"
    -cue trainer battle music-

...yeah.

Back