• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why hello... I didn't see you there

Years
  • Hi everybody I'm new to the forums but not new to Pokemon!

My dad actually introduced me to Pokemon before I even started school, and he played Red/Blue. I remember trying it out and releasing his Chansey by mistake LOL. My first game was Pokemon Stadium, and my first of the mainstream series was Silver, so Johto is really close to my heart. Since then I've been playing diligently for every generation, and even got into competitive battling and the trading card game a little along the way too. That and I watched a few seasons of the anime when I was in school (I still try to keep up with the movies though).

I think I might be one of the older users on the forums? I'm 19, but I don't care LOL where I come from, nobody's a hater and everybody still plays Pokemon at my age. And it doesn't even make sense to put an age label on something you like to do >_> But that's a topic for another time~

Anyways I hope to see you guys around the forum some time but I'll probably mostly be lurking HEHE.

And am I supposed to use my real picture in the dp...? Everybody seems to have pokemon D: I might change it later....

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hello Anthony :3 Welcome to PC!

I'm older than you and many others are too, so don't worry about that. Age is but a number and often one we completely disregard here as it doesn't matter much. And you can totally discuss whether you think pokémon has an age limit or not over in Pokémon General, just so you know ;)

Most people put pics of pokémon or something else they like in their avatars. For example, my avatar features the character Vriska from Homestuck. You can really put whatever you like there.

Lurking or not, I hope you'll post a bit and see you around!

Years
  • I'm another one older than 19, to be specific I'm 22. Anyways, welcome to the forums Anthony!

Like what was said above, age is nothing more than just a number. Here we usually just love to enjoy the community as a whole, discussing about Pokemon, and well some of the coolest members in the universe. You'll still love having fun here I'm sure, because Pokemon can be for anyone, not just kids.

And nope, your avatar doesn't have to be yourself. It can be pretty much anything because we love how everyone likes to be an individual. It's essentially what PC is, a Pokemon forum where you can do things your own way. You'll love the diversity here, no problem.

Well, have a great time with us and I'll be seeing you around! Don't hesitate to ask around if you need any help because we have people who can assist you. Cheers!

- Hikamaru

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
    Years
  • Hi everybody I'm new to the forums but not new to Pokemon!

My dad actually introduced me to Pokemon before I even started school, and he played Red/Blue. I remember trying it out and releasing his Chansey by mistake LOL. My first game was Pokemon Stadium, and my first of the mainstream series was Silver, so Johto is really close to my heart. Since then I've been playing diligently for every generation, and even got into competitive battling and the trading card game a little along the way too. That and I watched a few seasons of the anime when I was in school (I still try to keep up with the movies though).

I think I might be one of the older users on the forums? I'm 19, but I don't care LOL where I come from, nobody's a hater and everybody still plays Pokemon at my age. And it doesn't even make sense to put an age label on something you like to do >_> But that's a topic for another time~

Anyways I hope to see you guys around the forum some time but I'll probably mostly be lurking HEHE.

And am I supposed to use my real picture in the dp...? Everybody seems to have pokemon D: I might change it later....

Hey Anthony,

Welcome to PC! I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as I do. :)

It's cool that you've been able to experience the first generation games and have a taste of how Pokemon was like before it rose dramatically in popularity, resulting in the plethora of new titles we have today. I'm really envious that your first game was Stadium, that and along with Colosseum are pretty much the only games which I've never touched, iirc.

Nah, as the previous users have said, age isn't really something that's really important, from what I've seen so far. Maturity and your general conduct isn't dependent on age, no? It also shouldn't affect you from interacting with others, because everyone here all love Pokemon, and that's the common interest that results in this forum.

You can put your profile picture, but if you don't feel comfortable showing it to the world or just want another picture feel free to use anything. Something that describes your personality/interests, maybe? For example, mine is Caitlin of the Unova Elite Four.

Either way, feel free to VM/PM me if you have any questions or just want to chat, I'll be more than happy to help. Good luck, and see you around! ^~^

Years
  • Ah yeah.. you're definitely not one of the oldest people here. PC actually has a looot of adults lol, especially those in their early and mid-20s. I'm 23 myself! Still going strong as a fan. :') It's amazing to meet you, Anthony!

Oh omg I would be frustrated if someone I know released my Chansey. Kind of reminds me of when my dad was bored waiting for something and asked to play my Pokemon TCG game for GBC, which he ended up restarting. I was devastated because I poured so much time into my file! Ugh.

And hope you'll be posting relatively often, lurking's fun but it's even more fun to get involved. 8D Many start out as lurkers at first though so I understand but here's hoping you'll break out of that shell soon enough. Have fun!

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Whoooo, didn't see you there either! Nontheless, welcome to the forums, friend! We;re all definitely not new to pokemon, so you're free to discuss any sorts of topics with us! And it's great to have you. :3

It's cool that your dad showed you pokemon! I started watching the anime and that's how I gotten into pokemon, but yeah, t'is fun. Gold and Silver were great; I remember bringing them to my babysitter's to play with, and it was oodles and oodles of fun! Mm and yeah, feel free to visit our showdown server; you can have competitive simulated battles with us! <33

No worries about age, in fact, we've got older fans here that love pokemon too, so, feel free to meet them! And I hope you'll have an amazing time; cheers! Have a good night. c:

Years
  • thanks guys :) I've been looking for an online Pokemon forum community for a long time now and I can't believe I didn't discover this place sooner. I'm happy to call this my new Pokemon home hehe. Thanks for the warm welcome! You're all so nice *_*

Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Welcome Anthony, I'm 23 and here I am haha.

Have any artistic ability or interest? Come visit the art section of the site some time.

Either way I hope to see you around.

Back