• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Made You Want to Become an Artist?

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2015
    Nothing ever made me want to get into art. It has always been one of my favourite things to do.

I couldn't talk until I was about 4, so as a result I had to find a different way to communicate with my parents. I always drew humans with an expression that helps me tell my parents whether or not I'm feeling good. That is my earliest memories of drawing. Over the years, I've done more and more drawing and have gone beyond my expression shtick. I mostly drew anthropomorphic animals, but when I was around 9-12, I also loved to draw anime girls. Around that time I've learnt that something that has to do with art is what I want to do when I grow up.

However, from 2012 to 2014, my art has became more and more one note. By that, I mean that I was at a time when I was drawing my Pokémon fancharacters/Pokésonas too much. I still love to, but I really want to improve fast if I wanted to become a cartoonist or whatever. Thankfully starting from December 2014, I'm drawing more than just cartoons and my Pokésonas. At the moment, I'm trying to teach myself anatomy and perspective, and while it's not easy, I have a lot of fun learning from it. :3

It's pretty funny, as nobody else in my family is artistic at all. Still, I'm happy to find what I where to be in life early, but I'll have to try my absolute hardest if I want to achieve these life-long goals, mostly because I kind of got kicked out of education. :s

Back