• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkeyman2092

Aipom Awesome!!
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2009
Wrong
If you want to edit a script, you want to add a dynamic offset at the top, and replace the main offsets with @something (example @start)
Then from then on you are able to change the script freely, and when you re-compile, it will find a new offset for it to insert automatically.
(If you do it the way you said, you may overwrite the script, or overwrite stuff you don't want to overwrite...)

We MUST be using different script editors. I use XSE to edit texts, and when I compile, I rarely have problems with the other stuff in the script.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
We MUST be using different script editors. I use XSE to edit texts, and when I compile, I rarely have problems with the other stuff in the script.

I use XSE as well, and have been for a long time.
I am not talking about editing texts, I am talking about editing the script itself. The reason you don't have problems often is because you don't end up typing more text than was originally there. Also, have you ever tried adding new commands into the script, without deleting anything in the script? If you do, it will overwrite other data... (As will if you type text longer than the text that was there...
Is your XSE set up in "Refactoring Mode".
Mine is, which makes it so when you decompile a script, it makes it a dynamic script, instead of a static one...

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011

0m3GA ARS3NAL is using XSE just like you. The fact that you rarely have problems doesn't mean you will never have any. And like 0m3GA ARS3NAL said, the Refactoring mode will help.

monkeyman2092

Aipom Awesome!!
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2009
I'm still not convinced, but I think the only difference is how we write our scripts out.

@Om3ga: I've never seen how you set it on refracturing mode, but the I can decompile scripts just as well.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
I'm still not convinced, but I think the only difference is how we write our scripts out.

@Om3ga: I've never seen how you set it on refracturing mode, but the I can decompile scripts just as well.

I know you can decompile scripts, anyone can.
The difference is, your decompiled scripts are in static mode, and mine are in dynamic refactoring mode.
You have to find a new offset to add new material, and I don't, since I have mine set up to do that for me.

Malkner

Falkner in witness protection.
Years
Okay, here's another question.
For some reason, whenever I compile a script, and then access it in-game, the game just freezes. When I look back at my script, I see that it's all garbled up with stuff that I never put in. The title screen loses its Groudon (I'm obviously hacking Ruby), and sometimes the textboxes are gone.
I'm thinking the reason for this is that my dynamic offset is too small and doesn't contain enough space for new data, which is why the data overwrites the data for Groudon.
So, here is my question. How can you know how big to search for your offset? How do you know how big your offset needs to be?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Okay, here's another question.
For some reason, whenever I compile a script, and then access it in-game, the game just freezes. When I look back at my script, I see that it's all garbled up with stuff that I never put in. The title screen loses its Groudon (I'm obviously hacking Ruby), and sometimes the textboxes are gone.
I'm thinking the reason for this is that my dynamic offset is too small and doesn't contain enough space for new data, which is why the data overwrites the data for Groudon.
So, here is my question. How can you know how big to search for your offset? How do you know how big your offset needs to be?

Obviously you didn't understand how dynamic offsets work... anyway, the problems you're having depend on the fact you're editing decompiled, static scripts adding more stuff to them. And you can't do that.

Years
  • Seen Sep 22, 2010
how do i get someone to follow me? you know how like in d/p you talk to the friend and they follow you to the lake.

Also how do I get someone to give you something? Like in yellow when you talk to the people and they give you squirttle.

Thanks in advance.

Its a fire red hack.

Last edited:

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years
Hey, im having a problem with Overworld editor RE. I import my first sprite, and tick both boxes. then go to the next frame and import the picture with only "import image" ticked (because i do not need to tick the export pallette again). and the pallette is messed up! I reimport it to the same frame and this time tick "import pallette", and it looks fine. I go back to the first frame, and the pallette is messed up. help!

That must be happening becuase the images are different. They don't have the same pallette

Malkner

Falkner in witness protection.
Years
how do i get someone to follow me? you know how like in d/p you talk to the friend and they follow you to the lake.

Also how do I get someone to give you something? Like in yellow when you talk to the people and they give you squirttle.

Thanks in advance.

Its a fire red hack.

Giving a squirtle is a simple "givepokemon" script. You should read Diegoisawesome's XSE tutorial and learn more about it.

Getting someone to follow you is much more difficult, and apparently it requires ASM hacking.

Years
Here's a problem with my Advance Map:
When I was hacking Emerald yesterday(Just changeing names a bit)I went somewhere and everything was fine until I came back,and every area had lost it's Wild Pokemon data,and Eevee Fields(I'm making GreenEmerald,duh) was just black.
How did it happen?

Years
the advance map wont work for me it screwed up my pokemon ruby now theirs a pond in a pokemon center and a mountan between where you catch groudon pretty stupid really

new pokemon they pwn every ones

Years
yeah i tried to put a pokemon center rest sop on a bridge then it screwed up and put it on the water so the rest of the games fine but u need get surf toget your pokemon healed

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
how can I remove the green grass from this tile?
wgomc5.gif

I want it to have only brown ground and when I save the tile set in order to edit it in paint all of this pillar tile has got a black ground and not brown\green so how to change this?

Vednix

:D
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 13, 2010
That must be happening becuase the images are different. They don't have the same pallette

Im absolutley sure they do, i went into irfanview and decreased them to 16 bit colour depth. im posotive that they are both the same pallette.

Oh i see. bits enter into it that arent in the other image. hwo do i import a pallette into it then? so that its the same pallette for every picture.

oh, nevermind -.- ill use different pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2009
Why would you need to reduce the ROM size?

I forgot say that is about GBC roms. I need to reduce size becouse I want use it in MeBoy program. My mobile dosn't work with files >1MB (to small memory) so i think that if is posible to reduce rom about a few KB it will be work.

PS. Pokemon Red, Blue and others in gb work normal. I sure that is fault rom size. So can I count on someone?

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
I've encountered a new dilema, when I enter this route from the city, it will work perfectly, but when I try to enter the city from the route, it will freeze the game, does anybody have any suggestions on how to fix this?

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
how can I remove the green grass from this tile?
wgomc5.gif

I want it to have only brown ground and when I save the tile set in order to edit it in paint all of this pillar tile has got a black ground and not brown\green so how to change this?
I bump this because of the new page and also Xatoku I think you're problem is in map connections=the city is connected to the route but the route is not connected to the city,you need to connect the route with the city and you're problem solved!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back