• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shinermaun's Revenge: A HG Gijinka comic. (Updates Thursdays!)

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
  • sr_cover_by_jolly_joshuasnuzruns-d8zm5tn.jpg

So this is technically a Nuzlocke run of HeartGold that I made in comic form, and I will use Gijinkas to make it different. I've been working on it for 2 weeks and I will share it with you guys now.

Synopsis:
    Spoiler:

Rules:
    Spoiler:

Prologue:
    Spoiler:

The table of contents:

For now, I will update on Thursdays. I will keep you guys updated with my schedule! If there are any problems, go ahead and tell me, I would like to see how I can improve this for you guys!
    http://www.pokecommunity.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Last edited:
    Years
  • First of all: Wow, those are some hard rules you've inflicted on yourself there! I can imagine that kind of nuzlocke might be quite difficult to get through haha

I see you have started using black lines instead of pencil and for the last page which is good! It makes it a bit easier to follow :>
    Some more things that I think could improve your art:

• Use a variety of weight/thickness for your lines. At the moment, all the lines are the same and thus it can be hard to distinguish e.g. panel borders from backgrounds.
    • Lettering. The writing in the speech bubbles seems a bit squashed and forcefully squeezed into them. Try to always leave a bit of blank space around the writing inside speech bubbles. Doing the lettering digitally can help with that, as it's easier to move words around and change the size of the font. It's always easier to read, too. (If you don't have a programme to do that, try GIMP. You can add text and also play around with the contrast a bit. It's completely free)
    • As I just mentioned: Contrast. Make the background whiter and the black lines darker. I know scans never turn out perfectly, but you can do this digitally afterwards!
    • Lastly, your characters still seem a little stiff and square. Their shoulders are literally 90° angles. Try working a bit on your human anatomy and proportions :> using references can help a lot here! Also making a rough sketch and planning out your poses before drawing them is a great technique. (I hope I'm explaining myself properly here haha here's some images I found on google that are good examples of what I mean: 1 2 3) This is something that can work different for everyone, so just experiment a bit and see what feels most suitable for you!
      You could try to work on the hands a bit, too. Again, using references is key! Hands are very tricky to draw and I'm pretty sure they can be a struggle for every artist, no matter the level of skill. Look up pictures on the internet, or just use your own hands

Phew, that's a bit of text ...I hope that didn't sound too harsh!
    I admire people who take up big projects like that, it's great :> and I'm sure you'll improve greatly as you go on

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    HEY! FINALLY! A NUZLOCKE COMIC ON PC hahaha I really hope this progect goes well i have done a few my self on smackjeeves.com

PageEmp

Years
  • @Queeniewolf: Hey thanks! Let me break down your reply:

-The main reason why I used that kind of lining for page 4 is because I wasn't drawing on paper. It was a different kind of paper;I could only use a pen, if I drew with pencil it wouldn't be clear. I was at school, and I forgot to bring blank paper with me, but since you like that lining, I might want to do it more often in the future!
    -I will try to put the lettering and different lines into page 6. I hope you like it when I release it!
    -I.... sadly don't have a digital software at the moment, so yeah. Sorry about that.
    -But I will try my best with the body angles thing. Thank you for the tips!

@UAREMAD: Thanks!

PAGE 5 INCOMING:
    Spoiler:

Hooray for off screen evolving? Generally I'm not extremely impressed with this page, but things will get better later on. I'm halfway through page 6, gonna want to release it next week, and maybe some other pages so stay tuned!http://www.pokecommunity.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

PageEmp

Years
  • Page 6:
    Spoiler:

Page 7:
    Spoiler:

I decided to use slightly darker lines for my characters, and try to not squeeze my words. I hope that helped!

So you guessed it, I'm combining the tower and the gym battle. The next of the gym fight will be in the next update, stay tuned!

PageEmp

Years
  • >no replies.
    sadface.jpg

Anyway, update 8:
    Spoiler:

So... I sort of lied. The next installment of the gym battle ain't this one. I am a bit busy lately, so it's most likely that we won't get the first badge in a while. But anyway, extra about those worker people from Episode 4. Also, eggs :P.

So stay tuned for the real part 2 of the gym next week. And also a someone's special day...

Back