• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Syn's Easy Way Of Inserting Tiles

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2015
    I have a question. Should I use a ROM base and then start inserting tiles or use a vanilla ROM
    and just put all the tiles my self? Thank for the tutorial though hope this will help. Had tried Le pugs
    Did not work.

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
    Years
  • I have a question. Should I use a ROM base and then start inserting tiles or use a vanilla ROM
    and just put all the tiles my self? Thank for the tutorial though hope this will help. Had tried Le pugs
    Did not work.

Aside from the VIDEO THAT SHOWS YOU HOW TO DO IT, how could you possibly not get my tutorial? Besides the obvious msPaint and A-map, there is only 1 other program you need compared to this one where you need two. (No disses intended syn). And heres a tip for the future: if you have a problem with the tutorial, why not comment on the tutorial thread itself or message the creator rather than just say screw it altogether and whine on someone else's thread? Next time use that noggin' of yours and you wouldn't be where you're at. Only use rom bases if you're not planning on doing much tile insertion work for yourself (since you're too lazy to reply on my thread, I'd assume this is the safer choice for you) but if you are going for an all-out customized hack, then yes go for a untouched rom and just DIY. Of course, this method would require you to learn how to insert tiles (assistance may be required in special cases).

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2015
    Aside from the VIDEO THAT SHOWS YOU HOW TO DO IT, how could you possibly not get my tutorial? Besides the obvious msPaint and A-map, there is only 1 other program you need compared to this one where you need two. (No disses intended syn). And heres a tip for the future: if you have a problem with the tutorial, why not comment on the tutorial thread itself or message the creator rather than just say screw it altogether and whine on someone else's thread? Next time use that noggin' of yours and you wouldn't be where you're at. Only use rom bases if you're not planning on doing much tile insertion work for yourself (since you're too lazy to reply on my thread, I'd assume this is the safer choice for you) but if you are going for an all-out customized hack, then yes go for a untouched rom and just DIY. Of course, this method would require you to learn how to insert tiles (assistance may be required in special cases).
    Dude sorry! I never said it was not good I only said that it didn't work for me. It was a very good
    tutorial and I am sure it helped many people. Your tutorial took time and I will try it out again
    I just wanted to try another tutorial is that too bad? Thanks for answering my question though.

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
    Years
  • Dude sorry! I never said it was not good I only said that it didn't work for me. It was a very good
    tutorial and I am sure it helped many people. Your tutorial took time and I will try it out again
    I just wanted to try another tutorial is that too bad? Thanks for answering my question though.

I don't care what tutorial you use, just think to ask next time. If you're having trouble, ask the person who made the thread. I'm always on and willing to help. That's why I provided two different methods of tile insertion with two different videos where I had to talk forever -.- My tutorial shouldn't take long to get, especially if you watch the video. I can easily insert 7 different palettes with tiles corresponding to each of them in five minutes flat, then have those tiles assigned to blocks and those blocks on my maps inside of the next five minutes. If you use TileHelperAdvance and follow along with the video I created, you should have no problems getting tiles into your hack. It's as easy as naming your maps.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2015
    I don't care what tutorial you use, just think to ask next time. If you're having trouble, ask the person who made the thread. I'm always on and willing to help. That's why I provided two different methods of tile insertion with two different videos where I had to talk forever -.- My tutorial shouldn't take long to get, especially if you watch the video. I can easily insert 7 different palettes with tiles corresponding to each of them in five minutes flat, then have those tiles assigned to blocks and those blocks on my maps inside of the next five minutes. If you use TileHelperAdvance and follow along with the video I created, you should have no problems getting tiles into your hack. It's as easy as naming your maps.
    What does tile helper advance do? And also how can you finish changing all the clolors in so less time? In your video
    That took a lot of time.. It took me about an hour
    Edit: Oh sorry saw your new video that look much faster thanks for clearing my doubts

Last edited:

E.C.

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2021
    I try to stay away from using irfanview when reducing colors for tile inserting, it sometimes removes some of the colors you want and with manually reducing the colors yourself that doesn't happen. I personally prefer using paint alone but this method is a lot faster (and a bit harder). anyways good tutorial, I'll have to try it myself sometime.

(I accidentally made this post on lepug's thread thinking it was this thread :P)

EDIT: Here's an image of a house tile with the colors reduced to 16.
    Spoiler:

The house on the left is the house that I reduced the colors with on paint (manually) and the house on the right is the one I used irfanview to reduce the colors. They both have the same amount of colors but the one on the left has a lot more detail on the roof than the one on the right.

Last edited:

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • I try to stay away from using irfanview when reducing colors for tile inserting, it sometimes removes some of the colors you want and with manually reducing the colors yourself that doesn't happen. I personally prefer using paint alone but this method is a lot faster (and a bit harder). anyways good tutorial, I'll have to try it myself sometime.

(I accidentally made this post on lepug's thread thinking it was this thread :P)

EDIT: Here's an image of a house tile with the colors reduced to 16.
    Spoiler:

The house on the left is the house that I reduced the colors with on paint (manually) and the house on the right is the one I used irfanview to reduce the colors. They both have the same amount of colors but the one on the left has a lot more detail on the roof than the one on the right.

I noticed that the first time I've had done it on irfanview and I really think it's very horrible to such house and building tiles. It somehow doesn't look good anymore. So after reducing the colors using irfanview, I fix it with paint and make it look better, but the colors before aren't there so kinda sucks. But now I know, with paint is better but manually. Thanks for this though ;)

Turtl3Skulll

Blue Turtl3
    Years
  • I'm not sure how many people may want this, but it would be smart to update this tutorial with what the translation of "Copiar", "Pegar Copia", etc as well as maybe just a translation to all the tabs considering many people doing this will just assume its copy and paste, but won't know what the other tabs mean if they get into trouble.

Apart from it, very nicely written & I'm glad Tile Insertion is becoming popular and getting easier to do, Thank!!:)

Back