• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gen1er Returning to the Game

Years
  • Hello everyone, it has been quite a long time since I delved into the world of pokemon and after a long hiatus I have decided to return. I recently purchased the Y version of pokemon and WOW it is overwhelming...last I remember there were only 151 (with the inclusion of Mewtwo I think) and now if I am correct there are over 700! Sheesh! I will be honest this all seems very intimidating lol so if anyone can point me in the direction of a tutorial or set of videos to learn the newer mechanics of the game I would really appreciate it. Or offer up your own advice if you wish, it can all be useful.

Anyway just wanted to introduce myself and say Hello! I hope to have a wonderful experience diving head first into this world again XD

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Welcome, welcome! Name's Robin! And heck yeah! Pokemon Y seemed to bring in nostalgic memories and all the old pokemon fans are returning to the games~

I was really happy to be playing the games for the first time too, because the pokemon are really diverse in the games, since not only you can find the new pokemon, but you can find the old pokemon from the previous pokemon games too. Coming back in, it may seem a little intimidating because of the sheer number of pokemon to get used to, but you'll get the hang of it! If you have any questions, you can ask any one of us. :3

Aw, and again, welcome to the forums today! Indeed, this forum is chalk full of activities and events to choose from and you can dive right in and explore! We have many things ranging from pokemon, to general entertainment like Video Games and the Fan Clubs, where you can be active and see all of the regular members there! <33

I hope to see you again soon, as you can message me via VMs or PMs if you have any questions related to the forums in general, or if you wanna sit down and talk about anything! I think we can become great buddies! Until then, have a great day~ c:

Years
  • You have been away from Pokemon for years, wow! Making the jump from 1st right over to 6th Gen is the drastic leap so you have loads to learn. Awesome to see you join us today on that note!

I started my Pokemon gaming experience over 10 years ago now, although I was someone who didn't start playing at 1st Gen, although I still did miss two generations but at least I did somehow start when the "modern" era was starting to come in, around 3rd Gen if you recall. Anyhow, we're all here to help you get adjusted to what you missed during that huge hiatus from Pokemon and maybe you might consider catching up on 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th Gen so you can see what things were like back then and how they shaped today.

Either way, as suggested already there's so much to this community so definitely take a peek and see what interests you! I'm always here if you want to talk, but in the meantime good luck and I'll be sure to see you around.

Years
  • As the two above me have said, there are people who went from Generation I or II all the way to return to Pokémon with XY. Hopefully you won't turn out to be one of the bad genwunners who hate on all the older games except the GB ones :P

But that said, if you do want to talk about the newer games, we have forums for XY and Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, it really is something else that there are so many Pokémon now as opposed to what there was then! I thoroughly enjoyed Generation VI and hope you are, too.

Years
  • Hiya Michael! Big welcome to PC. The sixth gen did bring many fans back to the franchise, especially those that haven't played since the first or second generation, so you're totally not alone. Personally I find there to be no better experience than immersing yourself/going through the game and picking up knowledge along the way.. or that's how I tend to do it at least, haha. You're welcome to message me and ask questions if you're ever lost since I've been playing non-stop for over 15 years. Can never get too much of Pokemon. <3

See you around and please do stick - we're awesome here. Cheers!

Years
  • As the two above me have said, there are people who went from Generation I or II all the way to return to Pokémon with XY. Hopefully you won't turn out to be one of the bad genwunners who hate on all the older games except the GB ones :P

Haha While I am indeed a genwunner I have no intentions on hating the newer titles just for the sake of hating on them. I have liked pokemon for a long time now and while I may have been out of the loop for a long time I have a basic understanding of what Pokemon are about and have always wanted to return. With that said I probably WILL like the originals better only for the sake of nostalgia but I cannot wait to see what the new titles bring.

I was wondering though if the remakes (like FR/LG SS/HG) are good places to start at giving I have been out of the loop for a while and just try to play catch up so maybe it isn't as overbearing to learn the new mechanics?

Years
  • Do the newer games do a decent job of explaining the mechanics implemented into the later games? I.E. Breeding,newer elements and their weaknesses eetc

Back