• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Z prediction

Years
I wouldn't mind Charizard Z but I also like a little more story behind Zygarde. It just sort of appears and sits there from what I'm told. I would also like more elaboration on the Pokemon world. The return of the PWT would be great. That and the battle frontier would make for the best Pokemon game to day. Also I want Red back in some way, just so it all comes full circle.

Rayquaza, Giratina, and Kyurem.

What do they all have in common? They were relatively quite and obscure in marketing until the third game (in Kyurem's case, a sequel), which revealed much more about the back stories of the new mascot Pokemon. I would fully expect the same for Zygarde.

That being said, there will be new additions to the game similar to PWT, no doubt.

Bad Wolf Entity

The One, The Only
Years
I want expanded wardrobes where you earn clothes by completing certain events. I also want more evolution stones available in stores. Perhaps mini quests to get future event pokemon. I'd love to have to go on an adventure with a small story to get an Arceus. More Megas and new locations are a given. A battle frontier is mandatory. BETTER MOVE TUTORS. I want superpower and bug bite back.

Years
It is my understanding that a way has been found to look up Pokémon who haven't officially been revealed, which is why we know about Hoopa, Volcanion, and mega evolutions for Latios and Latias. As such, if there were going to be Z-evolutions for, say Mewtwo and Charizard, chances are we'd already know as they would have been found with the others. Otherwise if they were going to be newly created, Nintendo would have to release patches for X and Y to add them, and somehow I don't see Nintendo patching a game for reasons other than fixing serious glitches or piracy-enabling flaws (as with Twilight Princess).

Or maybe we just haven't found them yet, but I recommend that breaths be not withheld.

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
1. Johto starters given instead of Kanto starters, along with them having mega evolutions. I think it would be a nice pattern if XY gave Gen 1 starter megas, the sequel Z to have Gen 2 starter megas, and (hypothetical) Ruby/Sapphire remakes to have Gen 3 starter megas.

2. Mega evolutions for Kalos starters. I was really happy that they, along with any Kalos pokemon, did not receive megas because I like how megas are an extra addition to rekindle interest in old pokemon. Now that we've already experienced Kalos starters, Z could advertise how we can battle with Kalos starters like we never have before.

3. A grown-up Trevor to be the professor's assistant, similar to how grown-up Bianca was for Juniper.

4. A new contest/musical/pokestar-studios like feature with a grown-up Tierno being the founder and expert of this new pokemon dancing craze.

5. Shauna to somehow make an appearance. I think a relative of hers is in Snowbelle, so maybe she'll hang around the Pokemon Village to take care of the cute pokemon? (I'm not very confident in this theory.)

6. Being able to ride pokemon of your choice. Remember how in Pokemon Diamond/Pearl we had Amity Square, allowing us to only walk with specific pokemon in a very specific location? In hindsight, this might have been a prototype to Heartgold/Soulsilver's option to allow us to walk with any pokemon. This could be similar, with XY's riding just being a taste to what they plan to fully implement.

7. Mega Evolution will be common among gymleaders, eiltes, and rivals.

8. I predict that the story of Z will give an explanation to how Mega Evolution will be possible in future regions outside of Kalos. My personal theory is that the Anistar Sundial will be destroyed, and its dust will be scattered throughout the world. (think Diancie's Diamond Storm, or the Diamond Dust weather condition) allowing mega evolution to happen everywhere in the world. This will happen under the commotion of the chaos and ecosystem's imbalance brought on by the evil group, and just when everyone loses hope, they realize its a blessing in disguise.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I'd like to see Unova get a visit in Pokémon Z. Why? Unova was, in a way, a "new start". Also, I think there are still a good number of Unova Pokémon that are not in Kalos (if I am wrong, correct me; maybe I'm thinking of the legendaries here). All of the Unova Pokémon can then be found there and other Pokémon not in X/Y added in Kalos itself.

So, how would it connect? Through Lumiose City, the same way you reach the other post-game activities. You must complete an extra mission to unlock the train to Unova.

Speaking of Unova, anyone remember Anville Town? It can somehow be connected through continuing development to another part of Unova, perhaps through a new Route 24 path that finishes with a stairway into Anville Town. The train can get off there, and the other train heading into Castelia can be made unavailable. My thinking is a connection through a path north of the Celestial Tower on Route 7; this can be Unova Route 24. Route numbering conflicts? Just make Kalos Routes start with a K and Unova Routes start with a U; i.e. Route K2 and Route U7.

Oh, and I'd like to see the game start in Lumiose City this time around, sending you through the lab for your first Pokémon. It would be neat to have multiple paths available from Lumiose to start the game, though I doubt this would happen since they want the Gyms to have a progressive order. But seriously, I'd love all alternate paths to require completion of the Lumiose Gym.

The only problem with my idea is where you'd train at the start of the game, and that unfortunately rules out Lumiose as a starting location. It wouldn't make sense to devote one of the loops to the training area, so they'll stick with Vaniville Town or create another new city somewhere.

EDIT: Wait, change that. Route 4 is where Ash starts outside of Lumiose City in the anime. So Route 4 makes sense. The area beyond Santalune can be opened up until the forest, which can be a post-game event related to my Unova idea and MUCH stronger along with Route 2. Route 1 could have some grass coming up in the middle of a breaking path with new Pokémon there as well, or instead lots of challengers hanging around the area since it's not an opening town now. That could even be the challenge; get to Vaniville Town for your pass to Unova from an Unova character who has moved there. Route 22 is still there as well leading to Victory Road, but Route 21 can remain inaccessible. All of Lumiose is open and perhaps a new wild grass area can slip in somewhere like in Castelia City.

Personally, I'd love to see an auto-save feature in their next game. Every time you reach a new checkpoint (such as defeating a gym leader, entering a new location, obtain some important event item), the system would save your game in the background. :] Thanks to that, you wouldn't have to worry much if you ever forget not to save. Another thing I'd like to see them do is bring back Vs. Seeker.
No, no, no. No auto-save. Sometimes people want to bum around doing whatever they want for fun and don't want the game saving their messing around.

Last edited:

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
Years
If we get a third version, then I believe we should expect the usual treatment third versions get:
- Zygarde will more than likely be the mascot and probably have some kind of new form (Rayquaza never got a new form, but that's because Emerald came out before GF starting handing out alternate forms to every legendary).
- The two mascots from the previous games will likely be encounterable after the Elite Four. Only B2W2 didn't follow that pattern, because Reshiram and Zekrom were a huge part of the previous games' storyline, so retconning them as wild Pokemon again wouldn't have made much sense. Xerneas and Yveltal on the other hand barely had anything to do with the plot of X and Y, other than being a glorified battery for the Ultimate Weapon.
- Move Tutors might make a return. Also, the Battle Maison might get a few more battle modes, or even be replaced with a totally new battle facility.
- We may also see some minor graphical updates in the overworld.

Years
Isn't Pikachu evolving into Raichu? (with Thunder stone)

when will Pokemon Z be released?

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
Years
<p>has there been any timeline based speculation for where different games fit in? Obviously Red pre-dates Gold, as Red has already "been dethroned and Blue is a Gym leader in Gold. Where does RSE fit in? And then where does DPPlt fit? The Unova games are also two years apart, but are they in line with any other games?</p><p>Obviously XY is within a reasonable timeframe of RBY (or FT/LG if you prefer) because someone in Lumiose mentioned Blue/Gary... "Professors Oaks Grandson....blajblahblah.... Always said 'smell ya later when he left....". This could mean that XY is between RBY and GSC chronologically because travelling the world would likely predate beings Gym leader. Is there any reference previously travelling the world to get stronger? Seem to vaguely remember someone in the gamesdoing that... So maybe in Z we could visit Kanto and help with the evacuation of Cinnibar and whatever else happens in between the games.</p>

Years
In all honesty, the few things I'd want would be more Mega Evolutions, more post-game content and perhaps an easier time gathering the items needed to evolve. You'd be surprised how tough some of them are for the average player.

Also, Mega Dragonite/Raichu????

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
With this generation's emphasis on Mega Evolution, and the fact that Zygarde is the weakest major legendary in the series, I would put money on Zygarde receiving a Mega Evolution in whatever game comes next. It just makes sense and with the move to 3DS anything new can potentially be patched into Pokemon X and Y for compatibility.

While I think Z Megas would be cool, I think it's much more likely that they will go the random chance route, like in Platinum when you went into the Underground and the fossil available to you was based on your trainer ID. I don't think Lati@site will be in it personally, I think they're saving that for Hoenn remakes possibly, considering that that would make 3 Mega Stones associated with Hoenn Pokemon that are not obtainable (Torchic and Blazikenite were events mind you) in X and Y.

Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 11, 2018
It is hard to say what we should expect from the next installment of Generation 6. It is even harder to distinguish between what it is likely to expect and what we want to expect. But enough philosophizing.

- I expect Pokemon Z, which would preserve the theme of X and Y representing the axes on the Cartesian plane, which represented the 3D nature of the games. However, most of us expected Pokemon Grey to succeed Black and White. Instead, we received sequels in the form of Black 2 and White 2.

- I expect people and places that were obscure or mysterious in X and Y to receive more clarification and greater significance in the third installment. I also expect new locations to explore, perhaps in southern Kalos, which is empty.

- I expect more post-game content.

- I expect Zygarde to receive a new form or a mega evolution. I would like Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde to play a more direct and significant role in the story in the same way Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem did for Black, White, and Black 2/White 2, respectively.

- I expect more mega evolutions. Pokemon I would like to receive mega evolutions include Nidoqueen, Nidoking, Arcanine, Scyther, Dragonite, Crobat, Girafarig, Skarmory, Kingdra, Lugia, Altaria, Milotic, Luxray, Drifblim, Spiritomb, Togekiss, Porygon Z, Simisage, Simisear, Simipour, Galvantula, Haxorus, Braviary, Noivern, and all the generational starter Pokemon. I was not happy with some of the mega evolutions introduced in X and Y, including Mewtwo, Garchomp, and Blaziken, as if they needed mega evolutions.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Scyther? Scizor already has one, and I doubt they'll give a pre -evolved/basic stage pokémon a Mega.

I expect a small handful of gen 5 and 6 megas, little to no gen 1-4 megas in order to compensate for XY's megas.
I also expect a character similar to The suicune lover, Scott, Looker, and Corless to appear.

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2014
One of the biggest features I'd like to see come in a possible Pokemon Z would be for the first Pokemon in your party to be able to follow you around. It was gone after Heart Gold and Soul Silver, and I feel like it's something that a lot of people would really appreciate. Adding it in should also be a lot easier now since the Pokemon now all use 3d models anyway. Nothing new outside of a few animations would have to be added.

Years
I agree with most of the comments above (more megastones, more postgame content, having a pokemon follow you around, perhaps a new region/Unova). I also felt like Team Flare's story was an afterthought. I know its supposed to be a side story to the main game, but I felt like the storyline for X/Y wasn't as fleshed out as the previous 2 gens.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
One of the biggest features I'd like to see come in a possible Pokemon Z would be for the first Pokemon in your party to be able to follow you around. It was gone after Heart Gold and Soul Silver, and I feel like it's something that a lot of people would really appreciate. Adding it in should also be a lot easier now since the Pokemon now all use 3d models anyway. Nothing new outside of a few animations would have to be added.

This definitely needs to happen. I loved the feature in HG/SS, and thought that it'd be making it into future generation of games. I was wrong, though. ;o;

Bad Wolf Entity

The One, The Only
Years
I want all 721 pokemon to be able to follow the player like in HG/SS, and I want 3d to be enabled in more areas. Upping the pixel count for sharper images wouldn't hurt either.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
There's talk of new region(s) with that berry thing in the player's guide (search YouTube, there's at least one explanation video), so that would be neat. I think Mega Pikachu is definitely a possibility. It would give them an additional twist for the anime. It would be Pikachu instead of Raichu because then Ash won't have to evolve his Pikachu and it would keep everything in line.

Back