• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Hi, Im hacking pokemon Ruby. Should I use Whack-a-Hack because it looks pretty legit.

Whack-a-Hack is a website.
I don't know what you mean, but if you wanna hack, then download a clean ROM from Google.

Also how can I put sinnoh pokemon in ruby like reign of ledgends?

That's called spriting.
You need tools like Unlz-GBA and many others to do so.
There are tutorials on how to do that in the Tutorials section.

Also how do I make an event like when you try to leave hometown a kid stops you.

EX. I want another area of hometown. A kid says hey look badguys! Then you can go in and stop the bad guys. Afterward a person walks over to the entrace of a cave to black it. After 8th gym how do I program to move after 8th badge?

Make new events? Then it's called scripting.
There are tutorials on how to make new scripts in the Tutorials section as well.
What tools you need? Basically, you need XSE.

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2015
Is there any way to increase the number of TMs in the game? (Advanced Gen.) If so, how would I do it?

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
shinyabsol1 said:
I have been thinking of getting a GBA flash cart to play rom hacks on. So I have three questions:

1) What is a good cart for this ( is EZF Advance Realtime any good?)

2) What exactly do I need to make this work? I want to make sure that I buy everything that is necessary to get this up and running. This stuff confuses me a bit...do I need a cart and a linker??

3) Do these carts work on Nintendo DS?

Thanks in advance.

Doesn't anyone have an answer? Please?

Years
  • Seen Nov 1, 2011
I'm having a few problems using advanced map:

First no matter what tutorial I use, I can't get warps working

And when I make a new map, it doesn't appear in the side bar on the left - e.g. i can't find it in 'map files'

if anyone could help, thanks

Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2011
Hello, I'm having some difficulty figuring out a couple things

1. How do I make a pokeball that contains an item? Would scripting be necessary? I have pokescript and pkmadv installed correctly, and I have looked at tutorials in preparation for learning. What would the script be that I would need?

2. When I make hidden items, is it ok for me to change the "Hidden ID" to whatever random number that works? Or would that interfere with something else in the game? How do I know which ID to use?

Thank you in advance

Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2014
Okay, I searched, but didn't see anything useful, if I screwed up, I'm sorry.

I was using move editor and YAPE, but I don't want to have to replace moves, I want to add more. Is there any way of increasing the number of moves learn-able? Not like more than four. I mean I want to add new moves in addition to the old ones that pokemon get at higher levels. I feel the games get boring after lv70 or so because very few pokemon learn moves between 70-100. I wanted to give each pokemon one extra move they can learn between 85-100 (each of which is very powerful or useful.)

For example. I removed pound from the game (replacing it with tackle on all who learn it, except mew. I used move editor to create the following move:

Lv 90: MIND BREAKER: A psychic attack directly on the foes brain.
1-hit-KO. 90% accurate, 1PP.

I also did the same with another move only one pokemon knows and gave scyther:

Lv87:BUSHIDO: Hones swordsmanship to prepare for battle.
Power 50, accuracy 100%, Hit's first, raises all stats by 1. PP15

but I feel like these two programs are limited.

move editor only lets you select effects from a set list. So if I wanted to give a fire type a super move that affects the opponents sideline pokemon, it's impossible. and like I said with YAPE, I can't actually add anything, just modify what's there.

If I can't think of anything else. I may just have to remove some crappy Pokemon from the game to free up some move spots, and change some skills so that a few of the ones that are similar with just different names or descriptions, or moves nobody keeps anyway just aren't there anymore.

anyone know a fairly simple way to get around that?

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2011
Moving Narc Files From D/P To HG/SS

Howdy, all!

It's my understanding that the most up-to-date program to let you mess around with attacks - creating an 90 base power Thunder Fang, for example - is a program called the Attack Editor DS. Sadly, it only works directly on Diamond and Pearl. If you want an 80% accurate Hypnosis on your Platinum game, you'll have to mod a copy of D/P and then relocate the files that contain your tweaked movesets into the nether regions of the Platinum.

Now, I've successfully relocated Diamond-modded moves into a Platinum game - their respective locations are waza_tbl.narc and pl_waza_tbl.narc, so replacing them wasn't all that hard. I am, however, totally flippin' stumped as to how to move and reformat my Diamond (waza_tbl.narc) to fit with my Heart Gold game (located at a/0/1/1)

NitroExplorer2B failed me, as did good old-fashioned copy/pasting. Am I messing up somewhere with the transferring or am I just using the wrong software? What the heck to I do? A million thanks to the good Samaritan who helps me out of this little pickle!

Oh, and my search-fu is notoriously weak, so my sincerest apologies if this has already been asked in a previous thread.

Last edited:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Okay, I searched, but didn't see anything useful, if I screwed up, I'm sorry.

I was using move editor and YAPE, but I don't want to have to replace moves, I want to add more. Is there any way of increasing the number of moves learn-able? Not like more than four. I mean I want to add new moves in addition to the old ones that pokemon get at higher levels. I feel the games get boring after lv70 or so because very few pokemon learn moves between 70-100. I wanted to give each pokemon one extra move they can learn between 85-100 (each of which is very powerful or useful.)

For example. I removed pound from the game (replacing it with tackle on all who learn it, except mew. I used move editor to create the following move:

Lv 90: MIND BREAKER: A psychic attack directly on the foes brain.
1-hit-KO. 90% accurate, 1PP.

I also did the same with another move only one pokemon knows and gave scyther:

Lv87:BUSHIDO: Hones swordsmanship to prepare for battle.
Power 50, accuracy 100%, Hit's first, raises all stats by 1. PP15

but I feel like these two programs are limited.

move editor only lets you select effects from a set list. So if I wanted to give a fire type a super move that affects the opponents sideline pokemon, it's impossible. and like I said with YAPE, I can't actually add anything, just modify what's there.

If I can't think of anything else. I may just have to remove some crappy Pokemon from the game to free up some move spots, and change some skills so that a few of the ones that are similar with just different names or descriptions, or moves nobody keeps anyway just aren't there anymore.

anyone know a fairly simple way to get around that?

Well, if you are on about the number of moves Pokemon learn whilst leveling up, look at some of the evolutions. Moves that they learn before they were evolved are sometimes listed twice for some reason, once at Lv 1, once at the right Level, so you could remove them.

jota_rdk

Spanish hacker [Javi4315]
Years
Where can I find a text table for pokémon gold?

(I want the table that give you a hex values of each word)

jota_rdk

Spanish hacker [Javi4315]
Years
It's the first result on Google. Next time try not to be too lazy, will you?

Regarding your previous question about scripting tutorials, give a look on hax.iimarck.us, Mateo has written various tutorials.

I am not very lazy, but I don't mean this xD. I want a text table (to see hex values), exaple:

a = A8
b= A9
[...]

Do you understand me?

Sorry, but my english is not very good xD.

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2014
tile question

im going to use the tileset for diamond and pearl but i am wondering i edited the palletes before i inserted the tiles and they show up all messed up. do i have to insert then edit the pallete?

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2014
google comdlg32 install. it's the first search I think

actually there is more to it than that find comctl32.ocx and comgdl32.ocx copy and paste these to the folders WOW64 and System32 in your Windows folder on your C drive than clock on the start menu type in cmd right click on it and run as administrator and type in

"regsvr32 comctl32"

"regsvr32 comgld32"

then you should be set :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back