• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Tried and True UU Team Looking to be Even Better

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2014
    So this team has won me many random matches against relatively untrained Pokemon. And it has some experience with more competitive teams as well, but I feel like it could be better. Since none of the Pokemon are mixed attackers, assume their IVs are perfect except for the attack stat they don't use.

Ambipom AKA Diddy Kong
    Ability: Technician | Item: Life Orb
    Nature: Jolly | EVs: Max Attack and Speed with 4 in HP
    Moves: Fake Out, U-Turn, Low Kick, Pursuit

Ambipom is by far my favorite lead Pokemon in UU. Probably wouldn't have a team without him.

Rhyperior AKA Ser Gregor (10 points to anyone who gets that reference)
    Ability: Solid Rock | Item: Assault Vest
    Nature: Adamant | EVs: Max HP, 52 Attack and 204 Special Defense
    Moves: Earthquake, Stone Edge, Megahorn, Dragon Tail

Rhyperior is tanky as hell and his EV spread gives him 296 in both his Defenses after the Assault Vest boost.

Hawlucha AKA Nacho Libre
    Ability: Unburden | Item: Chesto Berry
    Nature: Adamant | EVs: Max Attack and Speed and 4 in HP
    Moves: Swords Dance, Rest, Acrobatics, High Jump Kick

I really like the team as a whole, except Hawlucha. Sometimes it takes out entire teams, but every other time it just dies.

Slowbro AKA Darwin
    Ability: Regenerator | Item: Leftovers
    Nature: Bold | EVs: Max HP and Defense and 4 in Special Attack
    Moves: Scald, Psyshock, Toxic, Slack Off

Slowbro is here to take care of weaknesses mostly. He is nigh unkillable as well, with Regenerator, Leftovers and Slack Off.

Chandelure AKA Clyde
    Ability: Flash Fire | Item: Choice Scarf
    Nature: Modest | EVs: Max Special Attack and Speed and 4 in HP
    Moves: Overheat, Shadow Ball, Energy Ball, Hidden Power (Fighting)

Before Chandelure, my team had an Arcanine as its fire type. But then I realized I needed something with some Special Attacking power to take care of Defensive walls. Chandelure does that job well.

Lopunny AKA Lola Bunny
    Ability: Klutz | Item: Choice Scarf
    Nature: Jolly | EVs: Max HP and Speed with 4 in Attack
    Moves: Fake Out, Switcheroo, Thunder Wave, Healing Wish

Lopunny is kinda gimmicky, but she works really well with Rhyperior, essentially giving him an extra life.

Hitmonlee
    Ability: Unburden | Item: Normal Gem
    Nature: Adamant | EVs: Max Attack and Speed with 4 in HP
    Moves: Fake Out, Close Combat/High Jump Kick, Stone Edge, Earthquake

Aromatisse AKA NOT WALT DISNEY :(
    Ability: Aroma Veil | Item: Leftovers
    Nature: Bold | EVs: Max HP and Defense with 4 Special Defense
    Moves: Wish, Protect, Moonblast, Aromatherapy

That is the team. I am pretty comfortable with it but there will always be room for improvement on my end and regarding the Pokemon themselves. Any help you guys can give me on the later would be greatly appreciated.

Edited stuff is in bold

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Acrobatics abuse is better done by Unburden mons like Hawlucha (who's banned to BL) or Sceptile. This is a better Ambipom alternative:
    -Fake Out
    -Return
    -Low Kick
    -Beat Up/Payback
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 SDef/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb
    Ability: Technician

Hawlucha is banned to BL, so it can't be used in UU teams. Machamp is the next best thing for a Fighting alternative:
    -Dynamic Punch
    -Knock Off
    -Stone Edge
    -Ice Punch/Bullet Punch
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 SDef
    Item: Assault Vest
    Ability: No Guard

I don't think Lopunny is that good, tbh; outside of Trick crippling, it lacks offensive presence. Try out Aromatisse; it can provide Wish support for the team, while giving it another Fighting resistance (half of the team is currently weak to Fighting):
    -Wish
    -Protect
    -Moonblast
    -Aromatherapy
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Aroma Veil

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2014
    Thanks for the input!

I can agree with Ambipom not really needing Acrobatics. I just like it because then I don't have the Life Orb damage. But I think I will try out the set you listed but put Pursuit in for its Dark move.

I did not realize Hawlucha got put in BL. Sad. I actually was using a similar Machamp until I got a Hawlucha. What are your opinions on Unburden Hitmonlee?

And Lopunny is a stretch here for sure. I will try out a Fairy support in its place, but I think I am gonna go with Sylveon just because I already have it. Same move set as the Aromatisse except Heal Bell instead of Aromatherapy.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Thanks for the input!

I can agree with Ambipom not really needing Acrobatics. I just like it because then I don't have the Life Orb damage. But I think I will try out the set you listed but put Pursuit in for its Dark move.

I did not realize Hawlucha got put in BL. Sad. I actually was using a similar Machamp until I got a Hawlucha. What are your opinions on Unburden Hitmonlee?

And Lopunny is a stretch here for sure. I will try out a Fairy support in its place, but I think I am gonna go with Sylveon just because I already have it. Same move set as the Aromatisse except Heal Bell instead of Aromatherapy.

Unburden Hitmonlee could work too:
    -Close Combat/High Jump Kick
    -Stone Edge
    -Fake Out
    -Return/Earthquake
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    Item: Normal Gem
    Ability: Unburden

or
    -Endure
    -Reversal
    -Stone Edge
    -Earthquake/Close Combat
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    Item: Liechi Berry
    Ability: Unburden

For the record, Sylveon is OU. Aromatisse is a UU alternative. I would've suggested Florges too, but its abilities are useless in Singles.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2014
    What?! Why is Sylveon OU? That is dumb.... Where is a good ban list, because I am using one on Smogon and I didn't see Sylveon on the UU banned list.

On the note of Hitmonlee, I think I will use the Normal Gem one. I don't like the idea of having to rely on going down to low HP to activate stuff.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2014
    Never Mind, I found the actual ban list.

I am sad now. I can't use Walt Disney to make Wishes come true anymore. (Walt Disney is my Sylveon)

Back