• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

-Doubles- Is this good?

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2015
    So I finally tried to make a real team on pokemon X (I'm not getting ORAS for at least a week) instead of just throwing in random competitive pokes. It's principally for doubles, and it has made much more better than I thought (or maybe I've just battled bad players). Here it is:

aerodactyl-mega.gif

Spoiler:

machamp.gif

Spoiler:

doublade.gif

Spoiler:

galvantula.gif

Spoiler:

That's where my "standard" or more used team finishes. I play on battlespot so I can only use 4 there. The rest of the team isn't really suited but here is it:

nidoqueen.gif

Spoiler:

gardevoir.gif

Spoiler:

Pokes I'm considering to add:

sableye.gif

Priority taunt and will-o-wisp would be helpful for Aerodactyl.

tyranitar.gif

I fancy bulky pokemon... when they are on my side. Tyranitar would probably be used like this:
    Aerodactyl uses sky drop on a bulky pokemon that tyranitar is able to KO. Like Cresselia, Slowbro or Aegislash.
    Other pokemon of mine gets switched out for Tyranitar. Opponent targeted pokemon is vulnerable (it can't use priority moves because he'd be on the sky, so if it's slower than TTar it will be hit) and gets rekt. I see this working with a bulky Choice Band Tyranitar carrying Dark Pulse or Flamethrower. Also, sand stream will give aerodactyl +50% spDef.

gyarados.gif
    dragonite.gif
    salamence.gif

Basically, a bulky pokemon that could take advantage of having only one oponnent on the other side of the field to set up and get ready to kick ass. Besides that, intimidate FTW.

manectric.gif
    raichu.gif

Lighting rod to protect my aerodactyl from electric attacks and to stop discharge abusers on its track.

braviary.gif
    charizard-megax.gif

Another sky dropper? I'm not sure, replacing aerodactyl doesn't sound like a good idea. Having another sky dropper maybe? Braviary has defiant, which is cool, but its speed isn't the best so I would lose some of the control Aerodactyl gave me, unless I used choice scarf but that would make it even more predictable than it already is.

Well, I don't know if someone was able to read all of that, but if you did, or at least read a bit, what do you think? How could I improve my team?

Back