• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Official September CoroCoro Discussion Thread -- Mega Evolutions, New Pokémon, More!

How do you feel about the Mega Evolutions?

• Total voters

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    So will Torchic be available early on in-game? The event distribution begins October 12th and I assume you can begin downloading as soon as you can access the PSS or something? If so then I can see a lot of people having Torchic on their main team from the game start.
    I'm not having Torchic on my team. I'm planning to use either Talonflame or Litleo as my Fire type.

Years
  • In very begining when mega evolution introduced i was very confused and was trying to understand how mega evos are different from normal evos.
    At first just like you i thought its just an evo for a three staged pokemon, but than i saw that mawile and absol got one.

Now I see that mega evo its just an improvment and not a drastic change like normal evo usually do-take for example absol mega evo-as a normal evo it would be a really disappointing, and to be honest there isn't where to much to go with absol.

Also take kangaskhn as example-there is mom, how can a fully grown pokemon evolve? thats why giving it a mega evo was the best.

so mega evos aren't just for pokemon who are three staged, but also to pokemon which would be weird if they have evo becuse they are finished.

*Also, unlike normal evos, mega evo seems to be alot about helping pokemon in competitive battle.

*Icecold*

Bow down to Queen Meowstic
    Years
  • Mega Absol looks too angst and his wings are complety unessescary, Mega Lucario looks like its on fire, Mega Blaziken is on steroids, Mega Kangaskan's baby is the only one that changes, Mega Mawile is going to kill something and Mega Ampharos is trying to grow his wool out to look like a long haired hottie from a cliche lovestory movie.

Oh and let's not forget Mewtwo, who now has a tail attached to his head. He looks totally messed up guys.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
  • Mega Absol looks too angst and his wings are complety unessescary, Mega Lucario looks like its on fire, Mega Blaziken is on steroids, Mega Kangaskan's baby is the only one that changes, Mega Mawile is going to kill something and Mega Ampharos is trying to grow his wool out to look like a long haired hottie from a cliche lovestory movie.

Oh and let's not forget Mewtwo, who now has a tail attached to his head. He looks totally messed up guys.

How do you get angst from Mega Absol? Emo's and angsty people didn't invent the peek-a-bang, yes, it's a peek-a-bang, not an emo do, there is a difference.
    If anything, that longer bang helps make Absol's face look even more like the Yin Yang, and actually makes it look more graceful.

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
    Years

Umm...Are you sure that's a tail though...like Mega Mewtwo is too cliche and mainstream lolz. More like Wiener Head to have a nice tune to the name. *cough* regular form *cough* oh and yes childhood memories had already been destroyed for a very long time because of this...

But you know, going Super Saiyan can turn you into a total God and a half, or the near level below God like status.

But yes agree on everything you said.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    At least they gave ampharos some wool, considering the fact that it's pre evolutions have wool and are based on sheeps.

Mawile looks more like wearing a samurai outfit.

Mewtwo always looked like freezer from DBZ to me, just some differences, and I think the new form it has as a mega makes it look faster, and since it is a clone of mew, a theory could be that since it's DNA may be a little unstable for being a clone, his appearance can have any drastical change. There's also the fact that was supposedly genetically altered to be the strongest pokemon.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    For trailers, GF should picked all starters from all five region to showcase the Mega Evolution.
    So fans from the various generations would go like Woah!

I agree that Mawile should be given a new evolution instead of a temporary evolution form.
    While I'm satisfied with Absol having it,
    because Absol's base stat are more like First or Second Stage Pokemon,
    I think the ME form could be better than that though.

Last edited:

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • Wait for it.... MEGA - LUVDISC.

The worst, most awful pokemon, not even good enough to become a Amolomola, Would be the perfect MEGA-MON! It could evolve in battle, but then the that pathetic wimp when you look at it in your party.

Mawile has the stats of an unevolved pokemon. So, if it evolved normal, that would be COOL. Absol is a complete Pokemon, I love him, ... Absol might be the right kind of pokemon for a Mega-Evolution. He is to strong to evolve again, but could benefit from better speed/bulk.

P.s. MEGA-BIBEREL, MEGA-DELIBIRD, MEGA-FARFETCH'D, MEGA-KRICETUNE

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Well to be fair it has only been a few days since we found out about the whole Mega Evoltuions concept, I'm sure there's going to be more Pokémon and odds are one of them will be one that you would've chosen. I'd say their choice so far is on the mark since Mawile needed an upgrade as did Absol, but you are entitled to your own opinion.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2016
    I dont like the idea of megapokemon, but I aint mad at the ones they selected for them I like all of them so far glad Absol is back for something.

Sandshrew4

Also known as Sandwich
    Years
  • Personally I'd like to see a mega Gengar, mega Golem, and of course MEGA SANDSLASH!
    Mega Rapidash would be pretty cool too.

*Icecold*

Bow down to Queen Meowstic
    Years
  • How do you get angst from Mega Absol? Emo's and angsty people didn't invent the peek-a-bang, yes, it's a peek-a-bang, not an emo do, there is a difference.
    If anything, that longer bang helps make Absol's face look even more like the Yin Yang, and actually makes it look more graceful.

Cuz it gotz them bangz. I despise unreaslistic bangs that cover the entire eye so much you wouldn't know. If you're a part of the Warriors fandom you'll know what I mean. Absol looks like a cliche "dark angel" not a Yin Yang representitive. Reshiram, Zekrom and Kyurem represent it just fine. Absol is just... no. That is not yin yang, it's just black and white.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • At least they gave ampharos some wool, considering the fact that it's pre evolutions have wool and are based on sheeps.

Mawile looks more like wearing a samurai outfit.

Mewtwo always looked like freezer from DBZ to me, just some differences, and I think the new form it has as a mega makes it look faster, and since it is a clone of mew, a theory could be that since it's DNA may be a little unstable for being a clone, his appearance can have any drastical change. There's also the fact that was supposedly genetically altered to be the strongest pokemon.
    It's Freeza (or Frieza as there's apparently two spellings)...not Freezer... Also it's Mega Evolution looks more like Kid Buu than Freeza imo.

How does Mega Blaziken look like it's on Steroids? It's still not bulky like Machamp...
    Sounds like people are just desperate to hate these Mega evolutions...

DamienHelvian

Legendary Lucario Warrior
    Years
  • It's Freeza (or Frieza as there's apparently two spellings)...not Freezer... Also it's Mega Evolution looks more like Kid Buu than Freeza imo.

How does Mega Blaziken look like it's on Steroids? It's still not bulky like Machamp...
    Sounds like people are just desperate to hate these Mega evolutions...

Freezer is what Goku calls him in DBZA. (Pokemon needs a Muffin Button)

And now we get to think of Mega-Machamp....more steroid abuse.

MarioManH

top kek
    Years
  • Mega Evolutions...

As many of you know, this is a new feature being brought to the Gen 6 games which allow a temporary form change in battle that grant certain "boosts" to the Pokemon. But in the end, how will this affect competitive battling?

In my opinion, a few things can happen.

* They could be placed in Uber Tier and not have much effect (Unless you're playing an Uber match) or have their own Tier

* They could not effect a Pokemon's Tier standing, and if this were to happen, we would see MANY of the same Pokemon being used in a tournament (Such as Lucario being a Physical Sweeper on many teams)

Anyway, I would love to hear your thoughts on the effect this will have on the competitive scene and team composition.

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2014
    I'd love to see what GF can do with the massive bipedal monster type pokemon such as Tyranitar, Aggron and Groudon. They're my favourite design. I don't consider Kanga in the same classification as it's a nurturing mother figure rather than an aggressive mountain troll.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • As many of you know, this is a new feature being brought to the Gen 6 games which allow a temporary form change in battle that grant certain "boosts" to the Pokemon. But in the end, how will this affect competitive battling?

In my opinion, a few things can happen.

* They could be placed in Uber Tier and not have much effect (Unless you're playing an Uber match) or have their own Tier

* They could not effect a Pokemon's Tier standing, and if this were to happen, we would see MANY of the same Pokemon being used in a tournament (Such as Lucario being a Physical Sweeper on many teams)

Anyway, I would love to hear your thoughts on the effect this will have on the competitive scene and team composition.

It'll have a huge effect for sure but they won't be instantly put in Uber or have their own tier. They'll be tested and analysed to see what tier they belong in. Since they need the mega stone to activate their formes they won't be able to hold an item, limiting their usefulness. I think a lot of them will be in a higher tier; Blaziken will probably stay in the Uber tier.

Years
  • Can people imagine a MegaAlakasm? It can be faster and have even more Sp. Att. Or they could fix it's awful defenses...and the horror that will be MegaGengar (pun intended).

DamienHelvian

Legendary Lucario Warrior
    Years
  • Can people imagine a MegaAlakasm? It can be faster and have even more Sp. Att. Or they could fix it's awful defenses...and the horror that will be MegaGengar (pun intended).

Well, seeing as Alakazam is Lucario's counterpart....
    A special sweeper...

They could fit it with the ability Idea I came up with, make it a GOD
    Specialize - An ability that converts Physical moves to Special moves. (Just think of the potential of all the Punch moves Alakazam can learn, with its old pre-genIV power back)

Years
  • Well, seeing as Alakazam is Lucario's counterpart....
    A special sweeper...

They could fit it with the ability Idea I came up with, make it a GOD
    Specialize - An ability that converts Physical moves to Special moves. (Just think of the potential of all the Punch moves Alakazam can learn, with its old pre-genIV power back)

That's frightening to imagine...and kind of cool...maybe they could also give it the fairy type...well it is a fox...or so I think and is said to have been a human in a dex entry which reminds me of stories involving humans with strange powers but are actually fair folk.

Back