• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Solar and Lunar is Back!

sonic smash down

Where those that train, train hard!
Years
  • Yo guyz, guess wats back!
    Yess it's me are yall all exicited?
    No I'm kiddin, yes fine yall want me to stop talking don't you?
    Okay for seriousnesses, yes Solar and Lunar are back exicited yet, you will be when your done reading this!

Okay Welcome to the:
    2vvrwch.png

thread​

INSPIRATION...
    Okay letz get started,
    I loved pokemon since I was like 4 or 5 the time when r/b/y came out. I loved the idea of being able to control monsters to battle one another and become friends with them. So one day when I was playing like i think my silver, I was like "I wonder how all this is created? Maybe I can make one." and years later look where I am creating my own fangame.

How Long Was This Project Taking You and What are you Using?
    Yea most of yall know that I actually started this project with Game Maker about a year and a half ago. and hated that system so I switched to RMXP and am still loving it especially thankz to poccil's kit. I grately apperciate it man. Oh and by the way

THIS IS NOT THE HACK SECTION SO PLEAZ DON"T CALL THIS GAME A HACK, GREATLY APPERCIATE IT GUYZ

back to the game

The Characters
    The Hero:

Okay right now there is only the boy hero although i got the concept for the female hero, we haven't sprited her yet.anyways here the hero:

fz6lqc.png

srry guyz, only the ows are done with him. ill add his actual sprite later.

Your Rival:

The Rival is named Chris and is actually based off of Gary of course you'll see that attitude in the game, and also there's something in the sprite if you'll look close enough

25jz0d5.png

Oh and speaking of Gary guess who transfered to the professor of the reign region:​

jjp4wh.png

thats right Gary Oak is the professor of this region.​

The Story
    There is always going to be an evil organization in this game, and this time they are bent on awakening Solon and Lunas from their slumbers to change the planets climate. But there's a machine that calculates the rip in space to reach them that was built thousands of years ago to establish contact with entities in another universe. But this machine did allow Solon and Lunas to break threw the rip and distory cities after cities until on brave person came up to challenge their mighty power. He discovered that if the machine's pieces were serperated then the rip in space would reverse and suck the creatures back in. So the machine was broken up into ten different pieces to be guareded forever by their sole protectors, but now Team Ra and Twila are after these pieces.​

Don't worry though, the timing is set 5 years after Ash became Champ of the Orange islands just after Gary discovered the fossolized pokemon. So Team Rocket and other noticible characters will show up in the game at random times, even Jesse, James, and Meowth will make a couple of surprise apperances.​

The Pokemon
    Okay this game will be filled with at least 100 new fakemon, and I've decided to show some of them off right now:

2v838ci.png

I will reveal names, types, and other stuff in time as updates but for now enjoy the pic.​

New Features
    This game will host a couple of new features such as:
    A brand new fishing system where you have limited control over what you catch instead of just using a old rod and real.
    A pokecell, which includes a whole bunch of features ill go over later
    What game is complete without minigames?
    You'll be able to visit Kanto and Johto
    A rotation menu will be placed in
    All new characters an gym leaders and some old ones you'll remember
    No Elite Four then Champion style, It will be a Pokemon championchip tournment just like in the anime, with random trainers, which means random levels so be ready for anything.
    abillity to play through special events of some of the movies
    100+ New Fakemon
    And a bunch more stuff to come

Maps/Events Done:
    Spoiler:

Firewave Inc.
    Anyone that's intrested in joining or rejoining my team, vm me imediatly please
    Sonic Smash Down- Mapper, Concept Designer, Idealist, and overall project manager​

sorry guyz that i think are still on my team i just need to make sure, fmp, ryush, omega and whoever else can you please vm me if you still have time to be on Firewave inc.
    looking for members of: (filled)
    0/2 scripters (trying to learn how to myself but can't get it)
    0/2 mappers
    0/3 idealists
    0/1 concept artist
    0/3 tileset artists
    0/4 spriters. this includes fakemon f/b/fs/bs., ows, and trainers

I need one skilled video designer to, for the ending credits and the beggining screen if someone wouldn't mind helping out with that
    and i don't really need this last one thankz to mario paint and the fact that i play alot of intruments
    but if anyone would be willing to help, i wouldnt mind having some fresh new music

Credits
    The Pokemon/Nintendo Company-for giving the idea of Pokemon in the first place, and for my favorite childhood game
    Ryushin
    ShinyLugia
    Crossel
    OmegaGroundon
    Kyledove (for his tilesets)
    Element
    PokemonOI
    Atomic Reactor
    FMP
    Captian Arcanine
    Poccil
    all these guys and the people I failed to mention due to my total brainmalfuntion that happens from time to time XD for inspiring me, and helping me threw this project by supporting/being part of the team and hopefully again being part of it.

and last but not least
    SCREENIES
    Spoiler:

BUGS/ERRORS Found and Fixed In game:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

ryushin5

In College YAY! :3
    Years
  • So you made the new(and also old thread), can't wait to see the new screenies you got.

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
    Years
  • Ha Can't wait to see what you've been up to dude. I wish you all the luck in the world ;)

sonic smash down

Years
  • okay sorry guys who wanted the new screenies. with the new thread. i decided to start the updates over so i can get ahead and have updates keep coming. i still apperciate critisism and comments though.

so here's the screenies:

5k268h.jpg

Pic 1: Yea...Okay....that makes sense someone in the pit of darkness talking to me....yea ....
    Pic 2: Aww...He's cute, *pets* AHHHH>>>>>IT BURNS>>>>>
    Pic 3: It's raining on a clear day like this? There goes my picnic plans with my girlfriend DX
    Pic 4: LIGHTNING TO???? AWW RUN FOR COVER< ITS THE APOCOLIPSE, DON"T HIT ME!!!
    Pic 5: WTH I was dreaming that???
    Pic 6: Oh come on don't make me use this... *gets crowbar out*
    Pic 7: Uhhuhh...yea...right.....*fools with toenails* (no i would never do that XD)
    Pic 8: Okay which one should I take? The water scorpion thing, the fire rabbit that burned me D:< o wat the hell * pics one*
    Pic 9: Right, Let that guy in instead, he's so much cooler and better then me
    Pic 10: Well watever y not? this way I can kick your ass for the door not opening for me but it glad to do it for you
    Pic 11: Okay so I got a tiger with a leaf on its head....right and he picks the flamming annoying bunny i hate so much....ITS GO TIME!!
    Pic 12: Oh hell no I won that battle!!!

Okay thats it guys sorry for the rant? i just felt i had to post my feelings from each pic...anyways comment critize watever you like. i apperciate it all, O and thankz again ryush and fmp, this time im gonna try my hardest to stick wit the game

Years
  • Hey dude good to see you got everything back up.
    I'll be checkin back here a lot good luck.

TeddiursaFan

is a TeddiursaFan
    Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2013
    Nice to see this back up again, but there's a couple things you need to fix. First Garry's sprite is too small in the screenie, the bars in the battle seems too small because stuff intersect like where it says hp is intersected with the hp bar and the pokemon's name as well as the fact that Leoseeds bar doesn't show the exp, and the thing that shows how many hp it has is cut off. Lastly, the 5th screenie just shows your hair and not your whole head when you're in the bed. Though, I still wish you the best of luck.

sonic smash down

Years
  • K, thankz Blazers and TF for commenting.
    Glad to hear I have some more supporters, and thankz for telling me stuff that could use some fixing TF. My game could use some good crits.
    anyways for the bugs you pointed out ill be making a list and crossing each bug you find in the screens that I fixed.

and I greatly apperciate the comments you guys and anyone else who comments or constructively critizes this game. thankz

As for the next update:
    This will feature: Turph town, and a mini event i threw in just for fun, you'll see what I mean. It has something to do with a pokemart theiving though. thats as much as ill give you. and i guess ill reveal some dragons if Omega can get to them in time.

,SSD

edit: didn't want to post again without the update which ill probally share tommorrow...

o and i want your guys opinions on th fix i did to the player's and enemy boxes.
    2vajxo8.png

the player's was pretty easy to fix, and i even left a little space for the exp bar, but the enemy's was harder to get right. that was as close as i could get it

Last edited:

shinylugia249

I'm back
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2016
    Glad to see this game back. I remember when I gave you that thief idea. Can't wait to see how it turns out in-game.

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
    Years
  • This looks interesting. Besides the things others have mentioned, you may want to know that "circumstance" is spelled incorrectly in the... 7th screenshot, I believe? Anyway, good luck. ;3

sonic smash down

Years
  • Okay first I would like to say: thankz sl, yea that was you that gave me the theif idea wasn't it? XD its a funny little event. i wanted to add more but i couldn't think of anything else. and as for deoxis thankz for the comment man, ill spell check myself later. greatly apperciate it man.
    And now for
    UPDATE Time again:
    I know its only been two days since the last update but i have alot of updates pilled up so im getting a few done. This update will feature Turph Town, and A theif event.
    So Now for the screenies:
    v62psk.jpg

Pic 1: This is actually the route between Turph and New Reine Towns.
    Pic 2: The tour guide introduces you to everything when you enter Turph
    Pic 3: Yea Yea...I just went through one to get here!
    Pic 4: Yea there's a trading machine in every pokemon center and most centers have pokemon that are rarely or can't be caught for trade.
    Pic 5: Who the hell is this guy, demanding the stock from the store like that..I need some potions and pokeballs thankz very much!
    Pic 6: Ohh..Harsh. I'm goin to kick your ass for that! Just wait...*Pushes me out of the way*
    Pic 7: Random runner in route 2
    Pic 8: Damn sperrows get out of my way! I need to kick this guys ass!
    Pic 9: 10 minutes and a repel later: Alright Your giving me my potions now!!!
    Pic 10: He has all sperrows also tell me what you think of the fix with the player/enemy boxes?

Important Character Update:

Okay in this section of the update, im going to either introduce a couple of new pokemon or a major character in the game, so say hello to Chris:
    2q3zrz5.png

He is the Rival in the game. He assumably acts like Gary did in the Beggining of The R/B/Y games. The only diffence in his attitude is he can admit when he is beat and he actually very smart about pokemon. He is trying his hardest to beat you out at everything, but he also knows when to give up and he and you meet many many times during your adventure starting when you leave the lab he challenges you to a battle to test his new pokemon's skills.

Well there's the update guys. Just showing you a few things. Please tell me if im revealing to much or you would like to see more. I appericate all comment critiqs anything you can throw my way and I can use it to help the game>.

sonic smash down

Years
  • Its been a while due to band practices, timing and lack of motivation but i thought i might as well get another update up here...i was hoping to reveal a dragon trio but i guess omega needs more time and im cool with that especially since ive been waiting pretty much since the very first day of raptor for it to come out. Anyways...On with the update...

Of course the screenies:

screen 1: You are learning about the ledges on routes and much from this little girl on Route 3
    screen 2: Looks like I finally made it to Goldenrock, thank god. I was getting tired of going threw two routes and a forest to get here. Uww and a nice welcome to..
    screen 3: Damn I was hoping he wasnt going to be here -.-! Maybe I can kick his ass again and this tiime he'll admit it!
    screen 4: Isn't that the gym leader, wonder where he's going with that weird looking dude?
    screen 5: You bet your ass, my access is granted!
    screen 6: WTH, this guy really is insane!
    screen 7: Oh well, gym leader time!
    screen 8: Might as well get facts on him before i face him!

Important Character/Fakemon Update:
    Srry guys I would have loved to get the new dragon fakemon up but Omega's not done with the designs yet. O well, I'll show you guys them next time Okay?

Thankz for reviewing Solar and Lunar's update and I would be glad to hear any of your comments and critism about the screenies. Also if anyone wishes to help this project along, just vm me of what you would like to help with.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • o and i want your guys opinions on th fix i did to the player's and enemy boxes.
    2vajxo8.png

The boxes still look a bit odd and don't give much of the pokemon style feel. I also dislike the font in wich HP was written and I don't like the gray rectangle around the HP bars. With that said I'll now say that I like your maps, but question the mixing of FR/LG tiles and kyledove's Sinnoh ones.

~Kian~

Spriter In The Making
    Years
  • this looks cool ill be supporting it my favorate fakemon is the grass starter leoseed and his evolutions good luck with this :)

sonic smash down

Years
  • The boxes still look a bit odd and don't give much of the pokemon style feel. I also dislike the font in wich HP was written and I don't like the gray rectangle around the HP bars. With that said I'll now say that I like your maps, but question the mixing of FR/LG tiles and kyledove's Sinnoh ones.

Okay so i should just completely redo the boxes when i have time? and as for the fr/lg tiles to the one map in the forest with kyle's. I planned on switching to kyle's sets later and actually i was testin my skills with them by mapping out the Reine forest. anyways thats just set for now, i plan on remapping later before i release anything. Thankz for the comment though dude, greatly apperciate your crit. :D

and as for pokekingkian: thankz for the comment always glad to have some support for my game XD

Also guys I'll be away for about two weeks due to band camp, (i got alot of crap i have to learn in those two weeks simaltaniously with another 150 people XD) and I rarely be showing up here, but I would love to see more comments and critique on my game whenever i do get back here.

Thankz, SSD

sonic smash down

Years
  • Let me think and if you can vm me something that's a good idea to put in a pokemon game, and as for updates, ill post another when band camp is over on friday. we still got alot of **** to do before i can even open up the updates again, i got a to focus all my time into four things right now, finding a job, hanging with friends, the feild show we're workin on at band camp, and hopefully asking a girl i really like to go do something. (im pretty shy when it comes to that kind of stuff and hopefully i can do it by the weeks end)

Back