• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gene Wilder passes away

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
  • I didn't see a thread for this, and I wanted to make one.

For those that don't know or recognize him, he was best known as Willy Wonka in the original movie.

Gene Wilder, who established himself as one of America's foremost comic actors with his delightfully neurotic performances in three films directed by Mel Brooks; his eccentric star turn in the family classic "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory"; and his winning chemistry with Richard Pryor in the box-office smash "Stir Crazy," died early Monday morning at his home in Stamford, Conn. He was 83.

source

I feel so sad now. I loved him as Willy Wonka. ;o; I'm watching Willy Wonka now.

Anyway, feel free to discuss him and any of the memories you may have had because of him~

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    giphy.gif

I still quote this movie all the time. RIP. :(

Years
  • I only found out about this around nearly an hour ago.

That said, he was a great actor and he had built a legacy of films. I may now consider rewatching Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory as a proper tribute (and of course, being his most iconic role). Rest in peace to a true legend, and I hope heaven will be full of golden tickets.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • jesus

what a legend

still blows my mind that he's gone. :\ willy wonka was like one of the most influential movies to me...

Same here. I always preferred it over the remake. :c He did Willy Wonka better than Johnny Depp did, and it really is sad to see him no longer with us. I was shocked when I found out.

Back