• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The DoomDoom musical thread

FL studio buy, sdfgfadv

• Fruity Loops version

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Producer version

• Signature version

• Total voters

DoomDoom

The one who Dooms
Years
EDIT: I changed the title just so I can be more free on what I can post here. Pokémon Resistance probably is canceled by now. (My friend is too lazy.)
I will be posting more of my musical advancements here, so again, feedback is appreciated.

APART FROM ALL OF THAT

I will finally be buying FL Studio!!
I want to turn this into a full blown hobby and so, I want to ask you.
Which bundle is better to buy?
The cheaper "Fruity Loops version?"
The "Producer version"
Or the "Signature Version"

I dont have a lot of budget, so...yeah.

Continuing to the original post:

So I post this here to find some constructive critisism and feedback. This is my first time trying to compose so...yeah.
Here is Resistance, this is probably one of my oldest tracks, but I like it.
https://soundcloud.com/doomdoom98/resistencia

Junge theme,
I'm OK with it, not my favorite.
https://doomdoom.bandcamp.com/track/jungle

So, TBH, making these where a lot of fun. I have always wanted to get into VG composing, but never really tried.
I will be posting more.

I dont know how to put the player thingy from bandcamp in a post...so sorry 'bout that. Will fix when I can do that.

Last edited by a moderator:

EternalSushi

Fresh for a lifetime.
Years
  • Age 27
  • HK
  • Seen Sep 9, 2017
I see you commenting around at others' threads, so I figured that I should drop by too!

For someone that doesn't have much music theory, you're hanging in there pretty well actually. I'd think that you do have prior knowledge if I hadn't read your description up there.

I listened to the jungle track, since the link above seems to be somewhat broken. I like the beat! Does give off a bit of a tropical/jungle feel and the chord progression does make you feel like you're going through with some unknown dangers awaiting you.

What software do you use? Further experimentation will definitely help you improve as you stumble upon things such as mixing, mastering, equalizing and more technical things to help your track not only seem well arranged but also sound good. Keep it up and you'll definitely get there!

DoomDoom

The one who Dooms
Years
The link should be fixed.

Really thankful for the feedback! TBH, I used to play on a symphonic band when I was in school, so I do feel that helps.

I use Caustic, which is an app on my phone (It's only like seven bucks, but so far I like it.), my goal is to get FL one day (For the PC), but it's kinda expensive, so I'll have to wait until I feel more comfortable at least.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
So, I was asked by a friend to make some 'custom music' for his Pokemon fan game (Pokemon Resistance is a fan game, i'm sure he'll post more info on another post soon.) he is making.

The problem is that I know little to no music theory, and this is my first time "composing" anything. I do know how to play two instruments tho (Saxophone and Guitar.)...

So I post this here to find some constructive critisism and feedback. This is my first time trying to compose so...yeah.
https://soundcloud.com/user-540947475/resistencia
(This is the Resistance track, which plays on the Resistance Headquarters, a place where rebel pokemon trainers are trying to take over the corrupt goverment of the Haven Region.)

https://doomdoom.bandcamp.com/track/jungle

(It plays in a dangerous jungle with exotic pokemon)

So, TBH, making these where a lot of fun. I have always wanted to get into VG composing, but never really tried.

I dont know how to put the player thingy from bandcamp in a post...so sorry 'bout that. Will fix when I can do that.
Nice tracks!! I really like the Resistencia tune, but it sounds a bit too chill to be the song playing during a rebellion event. Perhaps you could up the beat a bit or add some percussion to make it sound more urgent? Now it's mostly relaxing.

The Jungle theme kind of has the same problem. The tune is upbeat and cute rather than ominous. You could rather slow this song down a bit to make it more mysterious if it's supposed to represent a dangerous jungle. And think about using less happy-cute percussion as well, somehow?

I don't know much at all about composing, really. I can only comment on the feel of the tracks c: Good work still, though!

DoomDoom

The one who Dooms
Years
Thanks for the reply!
Yeah, I have been thinking in making some changes for the jungle track, especially the first and last parts of the tracks, they are too upbeat.
As for the resistance track, it is meant to play in the headquarters of the "resistance", which you are part of in our game, so its kind of like a "world hub", where you can unlock missions to do for the resistance in order to take down a corrupt goverment. So, its meant to be kind of chill, but at the same time, have some strings to back up the feeling of a dire situation ...( I dont know if I accomplished that or not, tho.)

DoomDoom

The one who Dooms
Years
Hi! Thanks for the response.
TBH, resistencia is kind of an old track, but it is one of my favorites. Thanks as always for the feedback, I think I'm improving a lot, partly thanks to you people.

Back