• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Scripting Guide: How to master it?

Lance32497

LanceKoijer of Pokemon_Addicts
Years
  • SCRIPTING GUIDE

Foreword

Good Day guys!
    I am Lance32497, I'm here not to teach you scripting code, or what are the programs that will help you with scripting because there're many tutorials tackling that subject, so I'm here for newbies that are confused on how they will start in scripting.

Note

Before I start it, make sure that you already knew what are the codes needed in scripting or just the basic of it.

[FONT="<font><font>Bangers</font></font>"]MAKE SURE TO READ ONE OF THESE TUTORIALS![/FONT]
    Tajaros XSE tutorial
    DiegoisawesomeXSE Tutorial

LETS START!

1. [alink id="Dynamic Offsets"]Dynamic Offsets~Definition[/alink id]
    2. [alink id="Script Structure"]Script Structure~How to construct script[/alink id]
    3. [alink id="Applymovement"]Applymovement~Move your overworlds![/alink id]

[A ID]Dynamic Offsets[/A ID]
    Spoiler:

[A ID]Script Structure[/A ID]
    Spoiler:

[A ID]Applymovement[/A ID]
    Spoiler:

This is all for now!
    And I'll add more,
    I hope this thread helps you!

Last edited:
    Years
  • checkflag takes up 3 bytes, the if line takes up 6, the msgbox line takes up 8, and then release and end take up 2. All in all that's 19 bytes.

Also the third spoiler made little sense to me. I've made many scripts with applymovement, but that was written out a little strangely.

Lance32497

LanceKoijer of Pokemon_Addicts
    Years
  • checkflag takes up 3 bytes, the if line takes up 6, the msgbox line takes up 8, and then release and end take up 2. All in all that's 19 bytes.

Also the third spoiler made little sense to me. I've made many scripts with applymovement, but that was written out a little strangely.

That's for instance,
    but thanks for mentioning it

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Please improve your grammar.

I actually understand what I'm doing when it comes to scripting, and I could barely understand what you're trying to say.

Back