• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

GO NEXT! A Super Hero RP [R-16] OOC/SU

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2012
    GO NEXT!
    A Super Hero RP
    [R-16]

Tiger+%2526+Bunny+Insert+Song+Single+-+GO+NEXT%2521%2521.png

Theme Song

NB: This RP is based on the ongoing anime Tiger & Bunny, taking place in the same area but completely separate from the series. You do not need to have seen it to join.

SUs
    Open | Closed

Current Players:
    BIOHAZARD / Ken Wen Tseng played by Loki

Current Points:
    Coming soon

Overview:
    Welcome to Sternbild, a metropolis just like the ones in your comic books. In this place exist super-powered beings known as NEXT, some bad and others good. The best of the best are part of an exciting reality programme creatively named Hero TV Live!, where a select group of NEXT combat crime while also earning points for their deeds. The NEXT with the most points at the end of the season is given the prestigious title of King of Heroes, and revered by pretty much everyone. The lowest scorer risks falling to the lower league and therefore becoming a nobody, something that none of the heroes (or their sponsors) want.

As several of the most recent batch of heroes have taken retirement (it didn't help that two of them recently got married), the producers have selected a group of Hero Academy graduates, past and present, to replace them. Not only do they have to earn points, but also the respect of the general public in order to become the King of Heroes. However, things might not go as smoothly as one would expect...

Structure:
    This is a chapter based RP with opportunities for freeform. A scenario will be posted regularly, and you will have a certain amount of time to reply to it before the next arises (I shall indicate how long you have in the post). Between some scenarios your characters will be allowed to interact with each other, this is purely to develop personalities, build relationships and to give you a break from writing action scenes. As GM I will not be taking part as a hero, but as the TV station alerting the heroes of their tasks and the occasional NPC.

In each scenario, you will be assigned a task via PM. Each task will be worth a certain amount of points, but you won't know how many until the end. In order to keep things fair, I shall use a random generator to not only assign points to tasks, but to assign tasks to the players (players will be ordered from completion of sign-ups, tasks in alphabetical order and points in numerical order before being put in, if you're curious).

The Rules:
    1. Follow all rules as denoted by the forums in general and this specific forum. General RP rules regarding bunnying without permission, god-modding and power playing also fall under this.
    2. This RP is rated T-16, please keep this in mind in terms of violence, language and romance.
    3. You are not allowed to interact with others directly in your chapter posts. You may refer to things that have happened around your character in previous posts, but not intervene unless instructed by me in your task. I will be fairly lax about this the first few times, if you have any uncertainties please PM me.
    4. Please let me know if you're going to be absent for a while. I myself will post if I'm going to be away for a few days, and whether or not a scenario will be delayed.
    5. Points and tasks are assigned at random. I have no control over who gets or earns what, so please do not whine to me if things aren't turning out how you'd like them to.
    6. Each scenario will have a deadline. If you do not post by the deadline then your hero will fail their mission and score nothing, if you do not have a valid reason or warn me in advance. If this happens a second time, you will lose the amount of points you would have earned and receive a warning from me. Finally, if you miss three deadlines, you will be unable to continue in the role play and your hero demoted to the lower league thereby removing them from the contest. I will keep deadlines as fair as I can without compromising the speed of the role play.
    7. Keep your posts looking nice and pretty and as devoid of as many spelling/ grammatical errors as possible. Though I'd prefer you to write in third person, I will permit posts written in first.
    8. Have fun, and stay active! If for some reason you want or need to leave, just post in the OOC thread.

The SU:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Oh my god this is EXACTLY what I've been looking for! I'd love to reserve a spot. *V*

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2012
    No problem. I was starting to get worried that no one would join, but that fear is gone now. Reservation accepted, take as long as you need.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Name: BIOHAZARD
    Alias: Kai Wen Tseng
    NEXT Ability: Kai's ability allows him to transform his body into an extremely toxic black fluid that he can mold and control as he pleases between a liquid state and a solid state. He's working on mastering a gaseous form, but has yet to quite grasp the trick to making the liquid evaporate without disappearing altogether. He usually molds his arms into a pair of detachable claws which hover in a liquid state until they are hardened to make contact with an enemy. He does have the ability to turn entirely into liquid, but it takes a long time, and quite the effort from himself, in order to put himself back together, so he usually limits himself to no more than two limbs at once.

Appearance: In his hero suit, BIOHAZARD is one mean looking guy. Hardly the type who looks like he'd come saving you from danger, he rather looks like the villain who'd put you in it in the first place! Donning a pitch black, double breasted coat with a popped, pointed collar and thigh-high pointed boots, the guy is shadier than the criminals. This of course, paired with the menacing white gas-mask and spiral-eyed mask that hides his all black hair and face from view, makes him the perfect victim for judging a book by its cover. Amongst all this dark, sneaky looking attire are a few fancy touches that were added to go with the character his company is trying to sell- a cravat, pinned in place by a gold button, and a top hat that sits crookedly upon his head. The ever regal BIOHAZARD also carries an all black cane at times, the metal head of a skull attached as a handle—the cane itself conceals a short, spring-powered chain that BIOHAZARD can use to bind an enemy, or if he reacts fast enough, catch onto something. The suit itself is impervious to flame, water, and all other woes of natural nature not related to NEXT powers—however, the hat is not, and is sometimes the subject of great sensitivity on Kai's part. His hair is blended in with his suit when in hero form, and if he removes his mask, one can see that he's in the habit of not only distorting his arms into BIOHAZARD's signature toxin, but also his face, to prevent his identity from being uncovered even if the mask is removed.

In his personal time, Kai-Wen dresses like your typical college student. Most of his clothing is comfortable, but by no means sloppy or unfashionable. He opts for darker colors in his attire, but never all black. With a long fringe that's begging to get trimmed, it seems that Kai has an agenda against having too much of his face showing, often leaving most of his hair hanging in his face and eyes. The problem with having hair as pitch dark as BIOHAZARD's suit, and eyes as black to match, is that having too many bright colors just makes you clash with yourself. Kai's usual outfit includes slim-fit jeans of any relatively dark wash, a soft cotton or cashmere cardigan in black or some other dark color, with a nice V-neck T-shirt underneath. Depending on the weather, Kai may don his only scarf, black and white striped, and black gloves. But otherwise, Kai keeps it simple with accessories, bothering only to attach a black beaded bracelet on the same wrist as his HERO communicator and a thin leather belt to keep his pants securely fastened about his waist. Typically Kai opts for the only two pairs of regularly worn shoes in his closet—a pair of black boat shoes or a pair of black slip-on sneakers, depending on the day's planned activities. Not standing excessively tall at 5'5", Kai is very apparently slim and slight for both his age and gender. While he'd never admit his meager weight for embarrassment, anyone who's tried to pick him up can say that the poor boy needs to spend more time at an all-you-can-eat-buffet.

Personality: Despite his cold and somewhat aloof appearance, Kai is the guy with a hidden heart of gold. Well, when he's interested, anyway. The fancy, almost noble elements of his Hero suit are not unfounded after all—Kai does have a sort of gentlemanly sort of attitude about himself, that leaves most people around him questioning whether he's really a nice guy or not. The quiet type without much to say, he firmly believes that actions speak more than words, and speaks only when he feels he cannot show someone his meaning in lieu of conversation. Truly a rather intelligent individual, Kai's biggest downfall would have to be his sheer inability to connect the dots. Any concept, any idea—Kai can wrap his mind around it with no problem. But when you ask him to infer from the context that he should be applying something he already knows, don't hold your breath. Intelligence, not insight, is his strength. This is easily traced back to his general lack of interacting with people. Most, if not all of his socializing occurs primarily in reading, which he spends almost all of his nights engaging in. Novels of all kinds, even mushy, horribly written romance novels are Kai's dinner, and as a result, he tends to speak rather formally, using words and sentence structures not many people would actually articulate in day-to-day speech.

In a way, people have describe Kai as a boy who seems… tired. Tired of life, tired of the people around him. It's hard to shake him, as he doesn't seem to show surprise at much of anything at all, and while he's certainly not impervious to irritation and annoyance, which is one of his more regular emotions, Kai tends to sulk rather than confront. Kai's number one downfall would be his sheer irresponsibility. While he manages to shake this bad habit in his Hero work, much to the relief of his company and the station, when he's on his own, lazy doesn't even cut it. His weight isn't particularly due to anything other than the fact that he finds it a pain in the butt to make food, or get up to go get food, and so he simply chooses not to eat altogether. No matter the consequence, if Kai can get out of doing it, he'll opt out without a second thought. If there's no crime to dig him out of bed, it wouldn't be a surprise if he woke up one morning, never got out of bed, and went back to sleep without ever getting up for anything except water and the bathroom. In fact, the only place Kai ever really goes other than crime fighting around town and his apartment is the Hero's Training Center, and he only ever goes there if his company has arranged him to do so. You'd think that, as lazy as Kai is, his room would be a mess—but it's actually rather tidy save for piles of books tossed here and there. You see, Kai's even too lazy to take anything out of it's original position.

History: The feeling of being a normal human being is only a vague, blurred memory in Kai's mind. The idea that once, his body had been flesh all the time, unable to change into anything but flesh, is a foreign one. He developed his powers at the age of four, when he was picked up to be set in time out by one of the teachers at his daycare. Childish and upset at being put in time out, suddenly the woman dropped him like a hot potato, and even more furious at being dropped, Kai began to cry. Perhaps it was his tears that prevented him from realizing right away that the woman had dropped him because of the hot, slimy feeling on her hands- and that she was suddenly feeling incredibly sick. The entire daycare was evacuated, according to recounts from his parents, and everything was in chaos. Children were crying because they felt sick and nauseous, the staff was disoriented, feeling aching pain racking up and down their bodies. The source of the problem was of course, left indoors with the childproof doors closed tightly around him. It wasn't long before he realized that nobody could hear his crying—and children don't cry when there's no one to listen. As he began to calm down, he noted two things: Nobody was around, which meant that he wasn't getting time out. And number two, he was melting.

The sense of panic is really all that Kai can personally recall from the event, and the subsequent events—the diagnosis, the police, the men in gas masks storming inside—that was all filled in by his parents at a later time. Really, the experience wasn't all that bad, but it was the aftermath that Kai would always feel on his shoulders. The woman who had picked him up had died within three days, and the media sensationalism sent Kai's picture flying all over Sternbild in the daily paper as the story began to unravel. Finding a school that would take him was a challenge- in fact, it was impossible, because Kai could not touch anyone without the risk of fatally poisoning them. It was by a pure stroke of luck that Kai's father discovered that when he touched his son, he felt a bit unwell, but certainly not on the verge of death. Kai's father was also a NEXT, although his ability was nowhere near as lethal as his son's. It appeared that NEXT could, at least, safely coexist with the Kai who could not control his powers. Subsequently, he was homeschooled on the intention of being sent to the Hero Academy as soon as he was old enough to go. He rarely spoke to kids his age after his powers were discovered, and his inability to leave the house during hours when Sternbild was crowded left Kai essentially nocturnal. His strange sleeping and waking hours kept him predominantly isolated from the world, and he spent most of his time either reading or surfing the internet. It was on his computer that Kai was able to do reconnaissance on the popular Hero Show, preparing him for the Hero Academy.

His ability, once controlled to the point where he at least didn't kill any normal human who made contact with his skin, became highly prized for it's physical combat capabilities. What with all the strange, seemingly useless abilities present at the Academy, Kai's very blantantly combat-fit ability was the eye of many passing companies. As a result, only one year after graduating from the Academy, Kai secured a contract with a chemical and weapons development laboratory that doubled as a materials distribution company, Noxus, who exchanged their sponsorship of his hero status for the opportunity to study the properties of his body.

Character Theme: Answer is Near, by ONE OK ROCK link
    Miscellaneous: N/A
    RP Sample: The suit is a lot more comfortable than he'd expected. Plus, it's nicer looking than some of those cheesy things he'd seen on TV before. Thank goodness they hadn't shoved any tights in his face, or else he would never have signed up.

… Well no that was a lie. Kai sighed, looking up through his mask. He'd spent the better half of his school life looking forward to this moment. He should've been thankful he'd gotten this opportunity so quickly after he'd graduated. Only a few people ever got to be real Hero's, after all…

"Saaaaamuraaaaiiiii KNIGHT!!!" The announcer's obnoxious voice blared into the microphone, and the audience erupted into equally obnoxious screams of delight. The rose haired man standing to Kai's left pulled out a katana in the blink of an eye, brandishing the blade proudly. If it had been anyone else, Kai might've taken a step backwards to avoid getting his eye taken out—but Samurai Knight knew what he was doing with his sword. That had been the impression Kai had gotten on TV, anyway. "Thanks to everyone's support," Samurai Knight was saying, flipping his long pink hair over his shoulder, "I was able to perform well this season. I will leave no criminal unapprehended! Sternbild is safe, so long as I, Samurai Knight, am here to cut down all foes of justice!!" He was just as cheesy in person as he was on TV, to boot. Kai sincerely wished he wasn't directly after Samurai Knight. In fact, he bet every Hero on stage really wished they weren't after Samurai Knight. The man was the shining epitome of a stereotypical Hero, right down to the corny speech. As the screaming fangirls died down Kai sighed from behind his mask, an eerie breathing sound filtering through his gas mask. The long exhalation rattled over the microphone as people suddenly were silenced by the unsettling hissing noise.

Kai blinked once, then glanced over at Samurai Knight, who, by body language, had been rather surprised at the interruption. But of course, he was the farthest thing from annoyed—rather, curious about this newcomer who had been so bold as to interrupt him. It had been purely unintentional, Kai wanted to assure the star Hero, but in character, with the microphone on (Why hadn't they told him it was on?!) he couldn't exactly do anything of that sort.

"And it looks like our new Hero is eager to show his stuff!!"

Hardly, Kai sighed again, sending the same rattling hiss over the speakers. Damn it.

"Next season, you'll be seeing Nexon Lab's new Hero in action—BIOHAZARD!!"

Glub glub—black goo-like liquid slid out from underneath the hem of Kai's jacket, his arms melting into two pairs of floating hands that grasped at the air. The audience was quiet, somewhat in disbelief at this villainous looking new Hero, and the Hero himself was just as silent. There was no reason to break character—the company had expected a slow response from the public. It was up to Kai to show Sternbild that Samurai Knight was a cheap louse- that true heros were lone wolf types who had the people in their hearts, but didn't excessively spread their love. Or something like that had been detailed in the contract somewhere.

"….. Aaaaaaand that's it for this season everyone, we'll see you soon!" The announcer broke the awkward quiet laughing nervously as the stage lights were extinguished.

The speed of the clacking of his low-heeled boots and cane were enough to tell the rest of the Heros on stage that this new hero, BIOHAZARD, was eager to get off stage. TV was one thing. Stage was another.

But BIOHAZARD's long day was far from over. Within minutes he found himself standing with his company president, the tall, mustachioed man casually conversing with another CEO. A party, in his honor? Please. Couldn't they have made it a party for the King of Heros of this season? Then he would've been able to go home…. Read…. Sleep…..

Mr. Rupelli laughed in his deep baritone voice, "We believe our Hero will appeal to many young women, particularly when his age is announced. BIOHAZARD will need some time, just like our labs. We hope to convey our Labs' good intent through this Hero."

"Oh? I did hear that you're getting quite a bit of flack for that new facility you're building. The public is ignorant if you ask me—the trouble they gave me when I built my penthouse on the North side." Mr. Rupelli's conversational partner shook his head and waved his glass of champagne, "You say you're going to do anything and they'll find something to complain about, no doubts about that."

They had a good laugh over this, and Kai tried his best to understand what was so funny, to no avail. Shifting his now reattached arms underneath his jacket, Kai frowned to keep himself from sighing and interrupting the conversation with his blasted gas mask. He looked over at the food table, debating if he was desperate enough for food to go to the effort of excusing himself.

… No. It was too far away. The only thing that didn't seem "too far away" at the moment was home….

Wow okay I got REALLY lazy towards the end cause I wrote this all pretty much in one go. Sorry for the craptastic sample. XD

And I forgot to draw the top hat in on his hero suit design. It's there though. :c

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2012
    Craptastic sample? It (and the rest of the SU) are just the kind of thing I was hoping for. You are accepted. (:

Now to wait for more people to join, ho hum.

Back