• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Third Version Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
  • I wouldn't get my hopes up for a Pokemon Z announcement in the commercial. I just don't think they would reveal a new game for the first time, outside of Japan. I know there are people around the world who watch the Super Bowl, but it isn't that popular outside. Still think it was a waste of $3.6 million dollars.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I wouldn't get my hopes up for a Pokemon Z announcement in the commercial. I just don't think they would reveal a new game for the first time, outside of Japan. I know there are people around the world who watch the Super Bowl, but it isn't that popular outside. Still think it was a waste of $3.6 million dollars.
    Popularity in America can sometimes be enough to justify a money drop of that size. But the Super Bowl commercial is already known to not announce a Z or a new Kalos game since the full thing (it's gonna be a shorter version during the Super Bowl) has been up on Youtube for a couple of weeks already and didn't reveal Z or whatever.

Does anyone happen to know when exactly the Pokemon commercial will air during the Super Bowl hough, given that it's starting right now?

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • Is it even fair to call it a hype train for the commercial? It's more like the commercial started a hype train for what is to come.

Mewtwo's stones could be artificial. Perhaps whoever modified Mew in this verse heard of Mega Stones and got their hands on one. Hopefully Z will give it a story. Btw yesterday was Mewtwo's birthday.
    According to shadowmoon the stones appeared after the fight with Kyogre/Groudon, which admittedly doesn't make that much sense but does at least explain their existence in Hoenn. Doesn't explain their existence in Kalos though. Did the Mewtwo there just have one on him and dropped it?

Also happy belated birthday to Mewtwo! Now if only Game Freak can just give us a nice, consistent answer as to what the heck Mega Stones are and where they come from. It would really save me a headache.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Popularity in America can sometimes be enough to justify a money drop of that size. But the Super Bowl commercial is already known to not announce a Z or a new Kalos game since the full thing (it's gonna be a shorter version during the Super Bowl) has been up on Youtube for a couple of weeks already and didn't reveal Z or whatever.

Does anyone happen to know when exactly the Pokemon commercial will air during the Super Bowl hough, given that it's starting right now?

It aired at about 8pm central time. People were thinking it would reveal something because it ended abruptly. The drums never finished. So people were getting there hopes up.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
  • At the latest, we could hear of a Pokémon X2 and Pokémon Y2 in April with a release within August and September. It's been almost a year since I last posted here.

We know it's going to be two games, because of the unused Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves in X/Y/OR/AS's code. These moves are Ground-type, just as Zygarde is partially Ground-type as well. I was hoping for a seventh generation to come next, but as far as I'm concerned, it only makes sense. But it can work in the way of seventh generation games being compatible with sixth generation as well. Since Zygarde has been heavily promoted, it's kinda unlikely that Zygarde will be the main mascot of the two new games, but it's very likely to get another Complete Forme. So therefore, we could have Complete Forme X (based off Loki's mare counterpart) and Complete Forme Y (which we've already seen).

But what if... Mega Xerneas and Mega Yveltal were the main mascots of the two new games? In the games' code, a mega evolution counts as just an alternate forme, only difference is the fact that a mega stone is used, or if the Pokémon's mega evolution hexadecimal value is set to 0x2, then it can mega evolve regardless of item! Which is currently only possible in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. There are three different values the Pokémon's mega evolving status can be set to:
    0x0 = No mega evolution
    0x1 = Mega evolves with an item
    0x2 = Mega evolves without an item (OR/AS only)

Since this is the case, I don't see any reason why Xerneas and Yveltal can't mega evolve in the next games (which presumably would be X2 and Y2). There's been one thing that Mega Evolved Pokémon haven't had yet, compared to alternate forms; it's the ability to change one of it's moves!

What if... Xerneas knows Geomancy and then upon mega evolution, the move changes to a completely new move, that isn't available in X/Y/OR/AS's code? It could be called something like "Life Power" in which has different effects on the user or the opponent. Same thing can apply to Yveltal's mega evolution too and it's Oblivion Wing move, it could have "Death Ray" in which can cause a one-hit KO on the opponent if it's stats are lower than Mega Yveltal.

Anything is possible! Mega Evolutions count as just another form in the games' code.

But I'd absolutely delighted if the next games are actually seventh generation games in a brand new region near Kalos and the ability to travel to Kalos as well. Just as I speculated a lot last year.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • At the latest, we could hear of a Pokémon X2 and Pokémon Y2 in April with a release within August and September. It's been almost a year since I last posted here.

We know it's going to be two games, because of the unused Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves in X/Y/OR/AS's code. These moves are Ground-type, just as Zygarde is partially Ground-type as well. I was hoping for a seventh generation to come next, but as far as I'm concerned, it only makes sense. But it can work in the way of seventh generation games being compatible with sixth generation as well. Since Zygarde has been heavily promoted, it's kinda unlikely that Zygarde will be the main mascot of the two new games, but it's very likely to get another Complete Forme. So therefore, we could have Complete Forme X (based off Loki's mare counterpart) and Complete Forme Y (which we've already seen).

But what if... Mega Xerneas and Mega Yveltal were the main mascots of the two new games? In the games' code, a mega evolution counts as just an alternate forme, only difference is the fact that a mega stone is used, or if the Pokémon's mega evolution hexadecimal value is set to 0x2, then it can mega evolve regardless of item! Which is currently only possible in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. There are three different values the Pokémon's mega evolving status can be set to:
    0x0 = No mega evolution
    0x1 = Mega evolves with an item
    0x2 = Mega evolves without an item (OR/AS only)

Since this is the case, I don't see any reason why Xerneas and Yveltal can't mega evolve in the next games (which presumably would be X2 and Y2). There's been one thing that Mega Evolved Pokémon haven't had yet, compared to alternate forms; it's the ability to change one of it's moves!

What if... Xerneas knows Geomancy and then upon mega evolution, the move changes to a completely new move, that isn't available in X/Y/OR/AS's code? It could be called something like "Life Power" in which has different effects on the user or the opponent. Same thing can apply to Yveltal's mega evolution too and it's Oblivion Wing move, it could have "Death Ray" in which can cause a one-hit KO on the opponent if it's stats are lower than Mega Yveltal.

Anything is possible! Mega Evolutions count as just another form in the games' code.

But I'd absolutely delighted if the next games are actually seventh generation games in a brand new region near Kalos and the ability to travel to Kalos as well. Just as I speculated a lot last year.
    The two moves might not mean much, if each core gets one of the moves, which I think is the way they'll handle it. Then as perfect forme it'll have access to both moves. It could still be two games with a core as the main mascot, or Mega Xerneas and Yvetal. Such a thought crossed my mind before on them getting Megas (might even have mentioned in the old thread at one point), but that just makes Perfect Zygarde even more powerful...

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

Years
  • http://nintendoeverything.com/kimis...e-wii-u-titles-like-splatoon-and-mario-maker/

I'm wondering if our game is included in this... and I wonder what this means for it. By "next period", what does he mean? I'm not entirely familiar with how they do their financials...
    I think "period" means some length of a financial period such as a quarter, a year, or something along those lines. The translation isn't the best according to the writer, so let's wait for a better one.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    According to shadowmoon the stones appeared after the fight with Kyogre/Groudon, which admittedly doesn't make that much sense but does at least explain their existence in Hoenn. Doesn't explain their existence in Kalos though. Did the Mewtwo there just have one on him and dropped it?

Also happy belated birthday to Mewtwo! Now if only Game Freak can just give us a nice, consistent answer as to what the heck Mega Stones are and where they come from. It would really save me a headache.
    x/y happened over a decade after oras and as we never see any player character other then red years after the events of each game, it stands to reason that may/brendan may have given the stones to red at some point over the next 2 years with red eventually releasing mewtwo back into the cerulean cave with both stones before trekking up to the top of mt silver. eventually ethen/lyra came and caught mewtwo and in time released it back into the wild again with it flying off to kalos with one of the stones leaving the other behind within the fallowing years. also take into account that rbygfrlf happened around the same time as rseoras, so it's possible red may have went to hoenn after catching mewtwo.
    either way i think GF did give the answer. think about how how mega stones are based off of marbles. marbles tend to be made from glass a lot. glass is made in various ways. moldavite is a glass that was naturally made from a meteor impact in southern Germany trinitite is a glass made from a nuclear weapons test in new mexico.
    now where did most of the mega stones come from?
    rayquaza blasting a meteor out of the sky and...
    BaG7SJ7.png

if mega stones are like glass in how their created by a certain type of substance being irradiated, then its possible that all the mega stones are meteors or meteorites that where hit and irradiated by the energy of a legendary pokemon. in fact, that meteorite that brendan/may fed rayquaza may have been irradiated inside rayquaza resulting in a mega stone that will never be seen and is sitting inside rayquaza's special organ like a gallstone

Years
  • x/y happened over a decade after oras and as we never see any player character other then red years after the events of each game, it stands to reason that may/brendan may have given the stones to red at some point over the next 2 years with red eventually releasing mewtwo back into the cerulean cave with both stones before trekking up to the top of mt silver. eventually ethen/lyra came and caught mewtwo and in time released it back into the wild again with it flying off to kalos with one of the stones leaving the other behind within the fallowing years. also take into account that rbygfrlf happened around the same time as rseoras, so it's possible red may have went to hoenn after catching mewtwo.
    either way i think GF did give the answer. think about how how mega stones are based off of marbles. marbles tend to be made from glass a lot. glass is made in various ways. moldavite is a glass that was naturally made from a meteor impact in southern Germany trinitite is a glass made from a nuclear weapons test in new mexico.
    now where did most of the mega stones come from?
    rayquaza blasting a meteor out of the sky and...
    BaG7SJ7.png

if mega stones are like glass in how their created by a certain type of substance being irradiated, then its possible that all the mega stones are meteors or meteorites that where hit and irradiated by the energy of a legendary pokemon. in fact, that meteorite that brendan/may fed rayquaza may have been irradiated inside rayquaza resulting in a mega stone that will never be seen and is sitting inside rayquaza's special organ like a gallstone
    Actually the meteor absorbed power from the Earth's core when Magma/Aqua were trying to make it into a megastone at Mt. Chimney. I think that this is where Zygarde might come in. I theorize that Zygarde has a power similar to the earth's core. Also, remember Rocket's research on plain evolution? They say that electromagnetic waves cause evolution or are given off upon evolution. Now the earth's core can create a strong magnetic field, stronger than that of any living being (which reminds me, I think I read something on this and auras in holistic stuff. Funny, Lucario is the first know mega in Kalos).

TheRusty

The Dragon Master
    Years
  • Actually the meteor absorbed power from the Earth's core when Magma/Aqua were trying to make it into a megastone at Mt. Chimney. I think that this is where Zygarde might come in. I theorize that Zygarde has a power similar to the earth's core. Also, remember Rocket's research on plain evolution? They say that electromagnetic waves cause evolution or are given off upon evolution. Now the earth's core can create a strong magnetic field, stronger than that of any living being (which reminds me, I think I read something on this and auras in holistic stuff. Funny, Lucario is the first know mega in Kalos).

I think it's pretty obvious that Zygarde gets its power from the Pokémon World's core, just look at the animation of Zygarde's signature move, Land's Wrath.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Do any of us know how regular evolution stones are made and where they come from, exactly? This might help give us more ideas on mega-stones.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • blue

gucci
    Years
  • There's just so much evidence to support a "Pokemon Z" now, I'd find it hard for it not to be announced in the near future. We've got the Zygarde formes that were announced months ago, AZ's Floette that is still unexplained, the storyline of Volcanion which I'm convinced is linked to Lysandre and then obviously the new anime being titled "X, Y and Z."

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Do any of us know how regular evolution stones are made and where they come from, exactly? This might help give us more ideas on mega-stones.

In ORAS, it is said the after events of plot climax created the stones, hence the glittery effects.
    https://youtu.be/S9yO8qrvUrY?t=17m22s

While in XY, it is said that Xerneas/Yveltal created the stones around 3000 years when Kalos was in chaos.

So... that means, any kind of legendary Pokemon is able to create Mega Stones?

Years
  • Do any of us know how regular evolution stones are made and where they come from, exactly? This might help give us more ideas on mega-stones.
    I believe the moon and sun stones at least come from space. Irc Lunatone and Solrock might have them in the wild. Not to mention that Moonstones are common in the areas associated with meteors or mons from space such as Mt. Moon and Meteor falls.

The rest? I have little idea, but it's possible that they're crystals that are exposed to intense heat, electricity, water, found in forests, or managed to absorb some of the power of the day (dawn) or night (Dusk).

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
    Years

• Yeah, it is rather random, isn't it? Does anybody have any idea why this particular group of Pokémon is being promoted on that page? Pikachu, Sylveon, Mega Lucario, Ash Greninja, Zygarde Core, and Zygarde 10% Forme I get, but why Clefairy, Diglett, Wobbufett, Mew, Latios, Gengar, and Espeon doing in that listing and what's the question mark standing in for?

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • So what is this exactly? The pokemon selection is weird...

From what I can understand, it's more promotion for the XY&Z anime; it's like a box of chocolates or something that's coming out in Japan in March. There's speculation that the question mark may be a new Forme, Mega, or even a new Pokemon because of what may come in CoroCoro this month.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back