• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

IMPORTANT: What are these new tag designations?

Jauntier

Where was your antennas again?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
In the Casting and Stage, what does the "person plus" and the "group" looking images indicate?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
We'd like you to make use of the various categories (prefixes) when making new threads!

In the Theatre, you can choose between:
Interest Check - if you have an idea for a RP and would like to see how many others are interested before you make the OOC thread in Roleplay Casting!

Help Request - if you need help of any kind regarding specific RP stuff. Perhaps you have an RP idea that you don't want to put up as an OOC or Interest Check yet, because you need some help fleshing out the setting, plot or characters. Perhaps you would like some feedback on a character you have made or have thought of making. Or perhaps you have a specific issue when RPing that you need help with figuring out!

Guide - if you want to write a helpful bit of text on a RP related topic that might also be helpful for others to use as a reference and guide in the future, don't hesitate to post it under this prefix. Hopefully it will be helpful to the community!

If your thread doesn't seem to need any of these prefixes - perhaps it's simply a question or discussion more in general - it is perfectly fine to post it without any prefix at all.​

In Casting and Stage, you can choose between:

Pokémon - for new Pokémon RP threads.

Other - for new Other RP threads.

Pokémon prefix should be used when your RP is mainly about pokémon. Other prefix should be used whenever your RP does not revolve around pokémon! As such, unlike in the Theatre, you should always use a prefix when posting threads in Stage and Casting.

Note also that there are two additional categories/prefixes in Casting and Stage:

Pokémon

Other

When your RP has enough players and you don't want any more people to sign up - edit your OP to feature one of these categories instead! in the category means that the RP is accepting more players. means that there are enough players already and that SUs are closed.​

Did that clear things up? We are going to put these explanations in a thread soon enough, so we're not trying to confuse you (too much!)

Jauntier

Where was your antennas again?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
I only asked about those two images, but... thank you. You may as well make this the guide thread since you went over any and everything in your single post.

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure
Years
This might be a silly question, but can you tell me how to add prefixes? Maybe I wasn't looking, but when I made my RP I didn't see the option.

How do we add these helpful thingies? Thnk you!

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure
Years
Ah, thanks! The dropdown menu is all messed up for me so I had no idea what that was supposed to be.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Yeah, and the categories with a + sign are the ones with a plus icon later (meaning it's what you should make your RP have when you post it initially).

The "group" icon one only says Pokémon or Other, apparently haha.

Back