• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Randomizer Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2014
    So, I just completed my first Randomizer Challenge (Not a Nuzlocke, just the randomizer) a couple of days back, I got it all recorded and it's gonna go up on youtube. Now what I decided to do with this was not just randomize the pokémon that I encountered, but also randomizing their abilities as well, making it a very fun and interesting experience which I highly recommend for anyone to try. For those curious, the game I randomized was Pokémon Emerald, and I gotta say, walking through Hoenn again after all these years, with a randomizer mixed in, turned out to be one of my best experiences ever with the pokémon franchise. Just to give a good example of what randomizing can do to enhance the experience is it has the potential to give not so good pokemon really good abilities, making them really awesome. For the best experience, randomize abilities in Gen 5, as the Ability pool in those games are much larger, and therefore there's a huge variety.

Randomizing abilities enhances the experience in 2 ways (at least in my own opinion):
    1. Makes the pokemon more interesting
    2. Bigger strategic depth.

A tip for those who wishes to try this out themselves, whether it's be a nuzlocke variant or not, Catching a pokémon with the ability Trace is really good, as you can scout for pokémon with good abilities, and it truly allows you to see the randomizer doing it's job. Some abilities don't make themselves known very easily, such as marvel scale, Levitate (to a lesser extent), tinted lens, compound eyes etc.

Now I bid you all farewell for now, and may your randomizing days be glorious!

Years
  • Glad to hear that you had fun doing your Nuzlocke, Zologe! When you decide to upload it, feel free to post it over in our Let's Plays, Guides and Reviews section (though make sure you read the rules first!).

Since Pokemon General doesn't deal with any game-specific threads though, I'm going to have to close this thread. Feel free to head over to one of our Pokemon Gaming sections if you'd like to talk more about your experiences in the future!

CLOSED.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back