• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official PokéCommunity Shipping Debates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2012
Uhh why is Twilight suddenly injected into this thread, please keep on topic people...
Considering nowhere in the first post says we have to stick strictly to Pokémon ships (it's just assumed it must be) in the thread, some veering "off-topic" (of which there isn't much of one) is hardly harmful and not really against any current rules. :B

Carry on, then~

Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2011
Never said its against any rules, just saying that Twilight(gags, vomits and starts bleeding from the eyes) discussions should be held in Twilight websites, not Pokemon shipping thread.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
Spoiler:

For the record, I'm cool with sex. *resident secret extremely moderate pervert* I just believe that, in a fandom like Pokémon, shipping defined as "you wan them to have sex" isn't the cut-and-dry answer, because you have monsters.

Agh, right. Shipping is more close to general attraction. I'm hoping for that to be the cut-and-dry.

well not all fanfics with shippings in them contain sex in them, some just have romance and not sex. i personally support roamnce not sex, but for those of you who do that's fine. i'm just trying to say that shipping and love doesn't equal sex.

Right, since if most of the fanfics you read had sex, you'd be reading in thw wrong site
Todavia tengo copia de 'Un Dia Adentro de May", si estan interesados.

Ash: *flexes muscles* Hey girls
Every girl even who had just a remote crush on him: Turned ON

Usually, the dumb people get strong, and the weak people get smart. Ash has proven himself to be dumb. Therefore, *fix'd*

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2012
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Agh, right. Shipping is more close to general attraction. I'm hoping for that to be the cut-and-dry.
Well, that, and if sex becomes part of the equation when what you 'ship involves ten year olds, you're not really 'shipping the characters, are you, if you must force them into an appropriate age, when what you fell in love with were how they interacted as children. It's like, "Hay! I love Pokeshipping...but they can't have sex for they are ten! Oh woe is me! *ages them up* For this is all they are good for: being adults!"

If you can't enjoy them being all cute as they are now, canonically...are you a 'shipper? The future isn't important if you don't like how they are now, they the characters aren't good enough until they're 16+. *shrug* It's better to 'ship adults, anyway. :B No judgment. Because if Pikashipping must include bestial sex, Pokeshipping must include underage pedo-bait. ...Which it does already, but I felt like making a point of it. <3

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
I also agree with Frostik XD

says who that Dialga can't screw around?

Haha, wow, didn't think of that before...

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

So! As an interview has confirmed, Grimsley's bases is that of two things: a gambler and a vampire. Shauntal is his night-creature opposite...she's based on a werewolf. I know, right? WTF. I can see it...kinda. But it's still cool. AND! We do have a Bel(la). Bianca!

Grimsley/Shauntal/Bianca...BreakingDawnshipping (because we already have Eclipse, Twilight, and...no, we don't have NewMoon, but I'm going to coin something involving Darkrai, so we will have-- oh, Bianca/Darkrai for NewMoonshipping, oorah!)

Whoa, seriously?? Where is that interview? Although Bel's name fits...she has to be one of the personalities least suited to be Bella :S Bella mostly fits Marly from DP, I think

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2012
Whoa, seriously?? Where is that interview? Although Bel's name fits...she has to be one of the personalities least suited to be Bella :S Bella mostly fits Marly from DP, I think
There is one great philosophy of the world of shipping, fanfics, and the like: OOC. If I wanted Bianca to act like Bella, I could! ...People would hate me, but I could! It's got nothing to do with personality, anyway. It's all in the name. Name relations are easier to hop on than personality relations; they're quicker to recognize.

The interview is transcribed here: http://shellspider.blog101.fc2.com/blog-entry-562.html#more
Translated here: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=12163792&postcount=3164

EDIT: ....Pffft. Darn, why did I take that literally. It's not "werewolf", it's "Nekomusume". Which makes tons more sense. :B I still stand by the 'ship name, though.

Last edited:

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
I agree. Let's cut the Twilight conversations to a minimum. BAD example to be using for shippings, imo.

Frostik said:
If you can't enjoy them being all cute as they are now, canonically...are you a 'shipper? The future isn't important if you don't like how they are now, they the characters aren't good enough until they're 16+. *shrug* It's better to 'ship adults, anyway. :B No judgment.

Agree with this too.

Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2011
Yup now that Twilight is outta the way, let's get back on the actual topic of this thread k?
As for ages... they could always make a spin-off with Ash as a teenager, say about 16 years old? Hey they did it for the Rugrats cartoon didn't they?

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
There is one great philosophy of the world of shipping, fanfics, and the like: OOC. If I wanted Bianca to act like Bella, I could! ...People would hate me, but I could! It's got nothing to do with personality, anyway. It's all in the name. Name relations are easier to hop on than personality relations; they're quicker to recognize.

The interview is transcribed here: http://shellspider.blog101.fc2.com/blog-entry-562.html#more
Translated here: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=12163792&postcount=3164

Wow, interesting. If they actually put that much thought into their designs, I wish they would incorporate it into the story @~@ So he's hinting that Darach might come back for Grey, then, hmm. I haven't really cared all that much for the Frontier heads since Emerald...

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2012
What's the shipping for Blue (girl) and Oak, if it exists?
For the record, there is no name on the list. Doesnt mean one doesn't exist, though.

@~@ So he's hinting that Darach might come back for Grey, then, hmm. I haven't really cared all that much for the Frontier heads since Emerald...
Actually, it's already seems to be subtly hinted at in BW that he's in the area. ^_^ Because it mentions he's "closer than we think," right?

Why is the Friday night biker gang on the Tubeline bridge initially called the "Black Empoleon"? This being the gang who change their names to the lead pokémon of a trainer who defeats them? :3 Because an Empoleon? Of all things? Why an Empoleon? ...*points to Darach's team*

Which actually makes Darach/Caitlin all that more endearing (unless he's become some deranged stalker Cailtin's trying to shake ;.; )...not that she mentions him at all, while at Cynthia's villa. *foo* Though I do have a soft spot for Marshal/Caitlin, it's all good. 8D

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
Jorah said:
I haven't really cared all that much for the Frontier heads since Emerald...

Because they're too hard for you.

Frostik said:
Why is the Friday night biker gang on the Tubeline bridge initially called the "Black Empoleon"? This being the gang who change their names to the lead pokémon of a trainer who defeats them? :3 Because an Empoleon? Of all things? Why an Empoleon? ...

.not that she mentions him at all, while at Cynthia's villa.

That beat on the bridge doesn't go well at all with the piano. I wonder why too, but would that mean Darach is related to a biker gang?? What a twist. And they can't show an Empoleon because you don't have the National Dex...strange name to use.

Ugh, all those fanarts of the player at her villa...

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2012
That beat on the bridge doesn't go well at all with the piano. I wonder why too, but would that mean Darach is related to a biker gang?? What a twist. And they can't show an Empoleon because you don't have the National Dex...strange name to use.
Related? Not at all. The last person to beat them before the player came along (and then moved on)? More likely. I don't think he's got any association with the bikers, aside from creaming them with his Empoleon. Because the player doesn't associate with the bikers, but they /will/ change their gang name (after being beaten) to the "Black xxx", xxx being your lead pokémon.

Says the theory, anyway. Got a few of those this gen, come to think of it.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
Years
Because they're too hard for you.

Difficult! Difficult, not hard! ;;

Related? Not at all. The last person to beat them before the player came along (and then moved on)? More likely. I don't think he's got any association with the bikers, aside from creaming them with his Empoleon. Because the player doesn't associate with the bikers, but they /will/ change their gang name (after being beaten) to the "Black xxx", xxx being your lead pokémon.

But then that theory begs the question: Why was he at Tubeline Bridge in the first place? I don't think he, of all people, would go for a walk to a place like this. Unless there was an ulterior reason for doing so. Maybe he was WALKING to the Pokemon League to visit Caitlin... yeah I know I suck at making up theories
brb totally getting a Magikarp and making them name their team "Black Magikarp".
...no wait that actually sounds cool xD;;;

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2012
But then that theory begs the question: Why was he at Tubeline Bridge in the first place? I don't think he, of all people, would go for a walk to a place like this. Unless there was an ulterior reason for doing so. Maybe he was WALKING to the Pokemon League to visit Caitlin... yeah I know I suck at making up theories
^.@ You seem to think I was implying something else? Yes, he was walking. Like most people seemed to do in that world: walk from place to place on foot. (He seems way too refined to ride a bicycle.)

Now either Darach was told to stay in Sinnoh/Johto by Caitlin as she went off to find herself (practice control of psychic hairstyling), and only now was he willing to go after her, OR she abandoned him, and he's been looking for her all this time. The second makes sense on why he'd be on foot: you can't search for crap in the air, but that's just worse. =X Because either she did abandon him for herself, or he got too much for her to handle. *waaaaah*

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
Frostik said:
The last person to beat them before the player came along (and then moved on)? More likely. I don't think he's got any association with the bikers, aside from creaming them with his Empoleon.

It must be Jun/Barry. Who else has an Empoleon. XD

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
Years
^.@ You seem to think I was implying something else? Yes, he was walking. Like most people seemed to do in that world: walk from place to place on foot. (He seems way too refined to ride a bicycle.)

Now either Darach was told to stay in Sinnoh/Johto by Caitlin as she went off to find herself (practice control of psychic hairstyling), and only now was he willing to go after her, OR she abandoned him, and he's been looking for her all this time. The second makes sense on why he'd be on foot: you can't search for crap in the air, but that's just worse. =X Because either she did abandon him for herself, or he got too much for her to handle. *waaaaah*

Well, he DOES have a Staraptor in his Silver Print team.

Hm, I guess your point makes sense. Seeeee, that's why you should never let me write any theories, because I suck at those sometimes. xD
But when you think about it, it's kind of sad. What Darach does for Caitlin is... ;A;

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2012
Well, he DOES have a Staraptor in his Silver Print team.

Hm, I guess your point makes sense. Seeeee, that's why you should never let me write any theories, because I suck at those sometimes. xD
But when you think about it, it's kind of sad. What Darach does for Caitlin is... ;A;
Chances are, if we can battle him in Grey, he won't have Staraptor, because Staraptor/Starly are one of those Black City/White Forest only pogeys, and the programers won't let a dex sighting of those go through so easily.

And rarely do even the more elite trainers fly away when leaving. They just...walk off-screen. XD

Caitlin still has to like him some amount...right?? ( つ Д `) Really hope they didn't fall apart...even if he was such a pedo at the time, liking jail-bait. The interview put her at 14 in Gen VI. She's early twenties now. Totally legal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back