• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Leafeon & Glaceon

Years
  • Which Eeveelution in this game do you prefer, Glaceon, or Leafeon?
    I love them both but I have to go with Leafeon! Because I tend to like grass-type Pokemon more. However Glaceon is a close second.

Which one did you play with in-game in D/P/Pl, if you did have one?
    I have Played with both but the first time playing through Diamond I used Leafeon.

What did you think of this new Eeveelution method? Share any other thoughts here!
    I like it, it's something different. However I have to say I wished more Pokemon evolved the same way. It makes the rocks a little bit more useful.

Sirfetch’d

Both are adorable and among my favorites design wise. Leafeon probably gets the nod though because I have used it a bit more than Glaceon. Though it really is hard to pick D: It's also a shame that Glaceon has quite a sad move pool overall :(

Years
  • I really like both Glaceon and Leafeon. I thought they could've been better utilised in Diamond and Pearl (like basically all of the new evolutions to older Pokémon, who suffered terribly from basically not existing until Platinum). I haven't used them much, at all, but from the extent that I did use them, I really liked them. Their designs are great too.

It's a shame that, depending on game, you don't really get to use them until late in the game, or even until the postgame. I mean if you give yourself an Eevee in DPPt, you can get Leafeon before the second Gym, but can't get Glaceon until about the 7th. Then you have B2W2 where you can't get Glaceon until about 5/6 badges in, and Leafeon until you've completed the game.

Sure, plenty of nice Pokémon are restricted by not being available until later in the game, but Eevee (and its evolutions) just feels like one of those Pokémon you'd use earlier on, who eventually becomes OUTRAGEOUS towards the end.

Either way, I like Glaceon and Leafeon a lot, but Glaceon seems to fare better whenever I use them.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2016
    On my first play through of Platinum I used Leafeon, loved it. Very solid team member. I have to admit though, Glaceon is my number 2 Eeveelution behind Espeon so I tend to prefer him out of the two. I liked the idea of how they evolve, something different and I think it really works.

Years
  • I love both of them, but I prefer using Glaceon. It's been always in top 10 of my favorites, and I use it almost all the time when I have the opportunity. Right now I have Shiny Glaceon not on Platinum but on OR and she's my number one contest Pokemon :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2023
    i like leafeon cause one of my favorite types are Grass type, and when i play Pokemon Platinum for the very first time leafon was the only of the two "eevevolution" that i have, one year past to evolve another eevee to glaceon. So i decided for Leafeon.

Years
  • I do like Leafeon and Glaceon, but i've only ever used the latter once, in the last go through Platinum that I did. It was a great team member, with that STAB Ice Beam running off very high Special Attack. And their designs are cute too (:

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • Glaceon and Leafon are both cool. I think I prefer Glaceon just a little, but neither are my first choice of eeveelution :P Their evolution mechanism is interesting, and I think it was a quirky extra addition to the already strange evolution mechanics we got.

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2016
    Which Eeveelution in this game do you prefer, Glaceon, or Leafeon?
    Leafeon! There's a soft spot in my heart as it's one of my favourite eeveeloutions.

I played with Leafeon in one of my playthroughs on Diamond after trading a baby eevee from HG

What did you think of this new Eeveelution method? Share any other thoughts here!
    I did like the change from the normal evolution stone and then the friendship level +night/day in GSC. I really do wish that every time they made new eeveeloutions they'd find more creative ways to evolve eevee.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I really like both, however they're definitely not my favorite Eeveelutions. :( I do hate that it takes forever to get Glaceon though. Like...UGH. In my last playthrough of Platinum, I traded my Eevee over to another gen IV game to evolve it and then sent it back over. I'm not waiting 6 badges into the game for a Glaceon. No sir. As for Leafeon, I used one long ago in a duo run alongside a Roserade. I still have that Leafeon, actually. Her name is Hailey. And she was definitely a contender. :)

Years
  • I think I prefer Glaceon's design, but Leafeon is much more fun to use. Glaceon just feels like a standard ice type, whereas Leafeon is a grass type that's defensive and physically attack oriented, which is different from most grass types. Granted I don't know if I've ever actually used Glaceon, but just looking at it's stats it doesn't seem super interesting.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Mostly due to looks, I prefer Leafeon; to me, it looks slightly more adorable than its counterpart, especially thanks to how well its colors match each other! Glaceon's color-scheme isn't so bad, either, but it does lean more on the same tone, in a way, and if it weren't for that, I'm sure the Pokémon's design would have looked better in my eyes. As for which of these two Eeveelution I'd first gotten my hands on, it's the same answer--Leafeon, haha.

AquaMarine8

One less, one less problem~
    Years
  • I've never actually played with either of them, but may use a Glaceon in Y soon. I prefer Glaceon because of its design. I think it's a very "pretty" Pokemon.

Years
  • When DP first came out Glaceon (along with Gallade) become quickly my favourite pokémon of the entire generation, but over time it became a bit bland. Its head feels quite big, or something. Leafeon, however, is a Pokémon I still like to use very much and I think it's my favourite Eevee-lution. I use both of them quite regularly, but I think I prefer Leafeon.

Also, even in Platinum, you could only get Glaceon until pretty late in the game, that didn't do it any favours either.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Glaceon because of the beautiful diamond design. I used a shiny Glaceon on my Platinum team and I loved her to bits.

Also, Glaceon evolves near Snowpoint, which is my favorite location in Sinnoh too. I would train on the route for days. :D

SparklingMistral

The #1 Remus Lupin fanatic!
    Years
  • Which Eeveelution in this game do you prefer, Glaceon, or Leafeon?
    Glaceon. It just seems more majestic and graceful than Leafeon does.

I don't think I used either of them in D/P/Pt, but I think I got both of them for the purposes of getting them.

What did you think of this new Eeveelution method?
    I thought it was a little tedious having to go to a specific place to evolve Eevee into either Glaceon or Leafeon, depending on where I was, but I dealt with it and got to the place to evolve it anyways.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
  • Glaceon, by a country mile. I'm simply not a fan of grass types, and ice types do come in useful from time to time. I think I played with Glaceon in-game, and got Leafeon just for the Pokédex. The new stone evolution method was a nice change of pace too, and I wish that more quirky evolution method would be included in future games.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • I've always thought both were wonderful additions to the Eevee family, and was some of Generation Four's best work. They blend with the other eeveelutions in a way Sylveon (although I like the newest member) just doesn't while still standing on their own with subtle color palettes and a sort of simple elegance. Although, their names could use a bit of work (but their ancestors being literally Jolt, Vapor, and Flare with an -eon suffix didn't exactly give them a great example to follow.)

Although I don't recall much personal usage of either in my runs through the fourth generation, I do know I would never refuse a Leafeon. In fact, the way Espeon has slowly faded out of my list favorites, my fondness for it might place it as my second favorite Eeveelution. Although this doesn't mean I don't like Glaceon, there's something about its design that makes me feel something's missing ... but I'm glad it exists.

In fact, I'm very glad both exist. They prove as examples that Game Freak should buckle down and give us the rest of the typings of Eevee instead of just releasing a new one only when a new type appears (#forever waiting for a bug-type.) And although the evolution method is a bit gimmicky, it is a lot cheaper and quicker than other methods, which I appreciate. So far, the Rocks haven't been that obtrusive to find or place within the games. But honestly I think it's silly to keep making "excuses" why you couldn't obtain certain Pokemon in older games - breeding incenses and new ways of evolution and all that - just let Leafeon come from an Eevee and a leaf stone; I don't care if I couldn't do it in a previous game. You already reset canon to accommodate Dark, Steel, and Fairy types; can't you just ret-con?​

Years
  • I never actually used either in Diamond due to not realising you had to beat the Elite Four to get an Eevee. However, I used a Leafeon in Pokémon X and loved it, it's definitely my 3rd favourite Eeveelution now :) Green's one of my favourite colours and it looks really nice in Leafeon's design along with the brown. I also love the moves it gets access to, like Leaf Blade and Synthesis :) I think I might trade an Eevee over to Diamond soon and start a new playthrough with a Leafeon :)

Back