• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dragon Quest IX: Setinals of The Starry Skies

_Dean_

smoke if you got it
Years
    • Age 32
    • USA
    • Seen Sep 22, 2016
    Didnt REALLY look, but I didn't find any threads for DQIX so I took it upon myself to make one!

General DQIX thread! Discuss favorite classes/vocations, attributes of the game, characters, game play, etc.

I am still very new to the game (as I post I am running through Hexxagon for the first time...) but so far I'm loving it. I've never been a Dragon Quest fan but this game is changing my mind. :)

Years
  • Been awhile since I played the game but I enjoyed it. Really regretting starting over my game though... But anyway, it is my second DQ, the DS remake of DQ5 was my first. I miss a party with personalities a bit but I think the NPC:s were good enough to back it up. Some of their stories are pretty sad :<

The gameplay was fun, I liked how you could see the enemies on the overworld and how the camera worked when you went into battle.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
  • This was my first Dragon Quest game and I feel ashamed. The series is really good and I can't believe what I've been missing out. Sadly I haven't beaten this game since I have a short attention span for games. Since most games were released for the DS, I might as well play them all chronologically.

I don't really like the "create your characters" system, since the characters end up hollow, but the gameplay was nice. I'm not fond of the overworld enemies, since they are easy to avoid. I prefer random encounter over it since I usually battle all enemies that way and level up faster. Nevertheless, I still really like this game.

Algo Fonix

oh god
    Years
  • I think after I picked it back up recently I've clocked in around 500-ish hours... I really like the game, but I do feel that going back to the DQIII party system kinda deprived the game of personality. I don't really do anything on it now, just farm grottos for Metalslimefamilymembers and try and get good maps to drop.

I haven't seriously played it in over a year, though.

Back