• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Hunter.

JeisonKen

Legendary Pokemon Hunter
Years
  • This is my idea of a fan-fic...

I've always wondered what it would be like to play a Pokemon game that had you controlling a character that is in an organization.

That is my inspiration.

The Pokemon World is vast and full of life.
    And each person has a different affiliation...

Pokemon Trainers raise and catch Pokemon to battle others and become powerful...
    Pokemon Coordinators groom their Pokemon to the fullest and try to make it big under the spotlight...
    Pokemon Rangers help others out using the power of the many Pokemon...
    And multiple groups try to use Pokemon for the purpose of evil...

So what is a Pokemon Hunter?
    Are they trainers? Are they villains?
    They claim to help people and Pokemon through any means necessary, but are they just as bad as others? Or are they just as good as others?

This story tells the tale of Zara, a Pokemon Hunter who works his way up into the ranks, but longs to resume his old dream of becoming a Pokemon Trainer...However, with his status as a Hunter, can he accomplish that, while also dealing with the threat of something much worse?

That is actually all I have right now...Heh...I'm still working on a solid plot, I just would like some feedback, please.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • Hmm . . . *turns think machine on* Pokemon Hunters are not really explored canonically, so cookie for you for not going with cliched OT. But this . . .
    They claim to help people and Pokemon through any means necessary, but are they just as bad as others? Or are they just as good as others?

confused me. If you're talking about Hunters as in Pokemn Hunter J, I don't remember her ever claiming anything of the sort. Hunters merely collect Pokemon and sell them for profit. If you could give us some more information, I'd be happy to help.

JeisonKen

Legendary Pokemon Hunter
    Years
  • Pokemon Hunter J?

Yeah, I remember him from the anime, but I never really thought of him when putting this into action. I don't watch the anime anymore. There was this flash film on Newgrounds called Pokemon Hunter. That's what gave me the idea for the name. However, once I finish writing the first chapter, you'll see how I'll go along with this.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • Pokemon Hunter J?

Yeah, I remember him from the anime, but I never really thought of him when putting this into action. I don't watch the anime anymore. There was this flash film on Newgrounds called Pokemon Hunter. That's what gave me the idea for the name. However, once I finish writing the first chapter, you'll see how I'll go along with this.

Nitpick, but... psst. J is a girl.

That said, if this is a fan-created concept and not intended on matching the canonical occupation of Pokémon hunter/poacher, it'd be recommended that you either do a bit of research (via Bulbapedia or just watching a few episodes featuring hunters online, regardless of what you think of the anime) and reshape your ideas to match those canon examples because otherwise, the first thing your reader's going to do is raise the exact objection that Sparkling Dragon made. Here on PC, we tend to be a mixed audience. Some will say what you're doing is cool, but we have a lot of other hard reviewers who will say, "Wait. This doesn't sound right. Isn't it actually like (insert something here) in canon?" While you could point us to a Newgrounds flash vid, the truth is that not everyone has seen it -- not to mention Newgrounds tends not to be the epitome of keeping things canon. (I haven't been on Newgrounds for a couple of years now, and even when I watched flash vids avidly, I never really took them seriously.)

Alternatively, if you don't want us to question what you're trying to do, it might be a good idea to change the name to avoid confusion. I'd offer suggestions, but you really don't tell us what a hunter is. (Sorry, but I can't go to Newgrounds to watch the film. It crashes my connection.)

Last edited by a moderator:
    Back