• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dittos transformation question

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2015
    I am playing a pokemin match with a friend, and we are trying to determine who wins.

I am using flareon, 90 hp, and have a expert belt attached which gives it plus 20 HP and adds 20 extra damage to attacks.

My friend is using an older ditto with transform, its pokebody has the following text

"Pokemon power: transform. If ditto is your active pokemon, treat it as if it were the same card as the defensing pokemon, Including type, hit points, weakness, and so on, ditto cant evolve, always has this pokemon power, and may treat any energy attached ditto as energy of any type. Ditto isnt a copy of any other pokemon while ditto is asleep, co fused, ir paralysed."

Our conundrum is that we are unsure if ditto copies the extra hp provided by expert belt, or if ditto strictly copies the card itself, and does not copy the extra hp provided by expert belt.

Thank you for your time!

Years
  • I am playing a pokemin match with a friend, and we are trying to determine who wins.

I am using flareon, 90 hp, and have a expert belt attached which gives it plus 20 HP and adds 20 extra damage to attacks.

My friend is using an older ditto with transform, its pokebody has the following text

"Pokemon power: transform. If ditto is your active pokemon, treat it as if it were the same card as the defensing pokemon, Including type, hit points, weakness, and so on, ditto cant evolve, always has this pokemon power, and may treat any energy attached ditto as energy of any type. Ditto isnt a copy of any other pokemon while ditto is asleep, co fused, ir paralysed."

Our conundrum is that we are unsure if ditto copies the extra hp provided by expert belt, or if ditto strictly copies the card itself, and does not copy the extra hp provided by expert belt.

Thank you for your time!

Ditto copies the card itself as per the way it is worded. No copying of any attached items or boosted stats. Ditto is also constantly checking what card is in the opposing active spot, so it changes what card it is copying when the opposing active changes, but it still keeps the damage it has already taken, so if the active is switched to a Pokemon with less HP than damage Ditto has taken, Ditto is knocked out.

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2015
    Thanks. That was my argument, as we go by everything else you said about dittos transform.

I appreciate the reply and confirmation!
    We left the game alone until we got an answer lol

Back