• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Critical Capture question

Years
  • I've modified the critical capture system so that it can be activated by switch, so when the switch is active a critical capture is guaranteed.

The code is modified as follows
    Code:
              if USECRITICALCAPTURE && pbRandom(256)<c
                critical=true
                shakes=4
              elsif USECRITICALCAPTURE && $game_switches[CRITICAL_CAPTURE_SWITCH]
                critical=true
                shakes=4
              else
                shakes+=1 if pbRandom(65536)<y
                shakes+=1 if pbRandom(65536)<y && shakes==1
                shakes+=1 if pbRandom(65536)<y && shakes==2
                shakes+=1 if pbRandom(65536)<y && shakes==3
              end

Now the capture is working, the ball shakes once, the pokemon then gets released from the ball, and it shows the gotcha! pokemon was caught message

I don't know if it happens in an unedited version since i've never had it trigger

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2021
    From my experience, yes. This does happen in the unedited version of the game based off the times I did get a critical capture during testing. I think this got fixed in the most recent version, 16.2, but I'm not sure if it works properly or not, as I've never gotten a successful critical capture. They usually break out after the ball shakes for me.

Back