• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to Move a follower Character?

Years
  • So in Pokemon Essentials there is a map which contains an event in which Brendan joins the player. I used this method to make a character of my game follow the player, however, there is a point where I move the player to the front of 2 guys. The player stands in front and that's good however the character following the player stands behind the player and I wish to put that character standing next to the player facing up instead of behind the player.

Seth Pegasus

Creator of Pokemon: The Conspiracy.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2021
    I think you will have to make a small move event to move the follower to the appropriate location.

Years
  • I think you will have to make a small move event to move the follower to the appropriate location.

Man I need something something useful, I asked how to move the npc following you. Most of the questions I ask here barely get answers I have thought of a solution I just wish it works. At least thanks for trying.

Years
  • Make an invisible event below where the NPC will be standing at the time, then when you need to move the "NPC" make it gain the graphic of that NPC, remove the NPC following you(this will make him disappear from the map) and just move the event as if it was that NPC and once you need it reattach it to the player.

Edit: Ninja'd, FL in that thread suggested the same thing.

Back