• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello!

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 29, 2019
    Hi all,

I'm new to the site having somehow managed to not come across it before now (at least that I can remember) so here's a little bit about me. The first pokemon game I played was yellow version on the gameboy colour and my favourite game from the series is ruby (can't wait for ORAS). Aside from official games I have also recently got into playing rom-hacks as a method for procrastinating when there isn't enough time for a game like 'dota 2'.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    So, your first game was Yellow? That's cool! Mine was Blue. I've got it as a Christmas present from my dad, and have enjoyed each and every moment playing-through; it was really great. Pokémon Yellow version is also quite unique in its own way; we are allowed to have a Pikachu following ourselves right behind, which I found to be adorable, while also being able to get a hold of all three starters.

Yep, same here; RSE has got to be one of my most favorites as well! Say, when does Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire release in your area? I've already gotten a hold of former, and am liking it a ton. Its town, routes, cities, and so forth are all updated in graphics and whatnot, making it feel like a new adventure entirely.

Anyhow, welcome to PokéCommunity, sweetie! I hope you like yourself here and enjoy your visits. I'm here to chat if you ever need somebody to talk with, so please send me a message sometime if you wish. See you!

tioeduardo27

tioeduardo
    Years
  • Hello Quartux! Former Dota 2 player here!
    I decided to quit it when I noticed I was spending more time on it than in other areas.
    The funny thing is now I'm spending more time doing Pokémon related things...

I also played a lot of Yellow, it was my first real Pokémon cartridge (after I had played several hours of Blue on an emulator). The only problem here is that I'm not a big fan of Pikachu, so I didn't really use him at all.

I also play a lot of ROM hacks just to let time pass by. I played so many of them that now I started my own project, and hope that in one or two years it'll be finished, haha!

See you around!

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 29, 2019
    When does Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire release in your area?
    Unfortunately not until friday so I still have a couple of days to wait to get my hands on some mega stone goodness (I never felt inclined to purchase x or y) but from the screenshots I've seen for ORAS the wait is going to be worth it.

Former Dota 2 player here!
    I decided to quit it when I noticed I was spending more time on it than in other areas.
    I know the feeling ;)

I started my own project, and hope that in one or two years it'll be finished, haha!
    That's pretty cool I'll probably end up giving it a go when it turns up on the forums then, good luck with it.

Thanks for the warm welcome to the forums!

Years
  • And hello to you, Quartux! Welcome to the community, and really cool name you got I have to admit.

First game was Yellow? That was a fairly good place to start given it was the early days of Pokemon. I didn't play the games until much later, but I surely have learned how drastically they evolved over time. Also, you're a Hoenn fan? Guess that means you'll definitely enjoy OR/AS, and since you're in Europe I know you have to wait a bit longer but I'm sure you'll love the games once you get around to playing them. I'm waiting until Christmas but I've heard how beautiful Hoenn looks in those 3D graphics so hopefully all goes well when I get around to it!

But aside from all that, hopefully you enjoy all the little sights of PC and maybe make some new friends. Have a great time and if you ever want to talk don't hesitate to send a visitor message my way!

- Hikamaru

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 29, 2019
    Thanks Hikamaru, but I can't take all the credit for my name a friend of mine came up with a list of potential in game names for me a couple of years ago and this one just seemed right so I now tend to use it as my go to name :)

Back