• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Interactive Pokemon Episodes!?

Soar

n00b
Years
  • The title says it all! Would this be a good or bad idea? Please list why you think Good or Bad.

My Opinion: Good Idea!
    I think it would be a good idea because it would get Pokemon fans more involved in the show. It could be like a voting poll and viewers could vote on the Pokemon the characters use.​

What do you think?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    I would actually really enjoy this! At least some people might actually get to see something they want to see in the anime!

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    I don't think this is a good idea. While it's an interesting concept, the writers will be busy appeasing the fans' wishes rather than writing or animating. Also, the games are what provides an interactive medium for Pokemon to begin with.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2013
    I'd say no. There's really no reason for fans to have a say in what goes on in the show in the first place. It's there for us to watch and enjoy, not for us to decide what should happen. Plus, think about this:

Ash is facing a Steelix. Should he use:
    A) Pikachu
    B) Pignite
    C) Leavanny

If the fans vote to use A or C, he'll lose. (Just because because Pignite is the obvious right answer, people won't have to choose it.) It would just be a popularity contest that might actually hurt the story.

Soar

n00b
    Years
  • I don't think this is a good idea. While it's an interesting concept, the writers will be busy appeasing the fans' wishes rather than writing or animating. Also, the games are what provides an interactive medium for Pokemon to begin with.

That is a good point. The writers would also have to prolong the episode to get all the scenes animated :P

I'd say no. There's really no reason for fans to have a say in what goes on in the show in the first place. It's there for us to watch and enjoy, not for us to decide what should happen. Plus, think about this:

Ash is facing a Steelix. Should he use:
    A) Pikachu
    B) Pignite
    C) Leavanny

If the fans vote to use A or C, he'll lose. (Just because because Pignite is the obvious right answer, people won't have to choose it.) It would just be a popularity contest that might actually hurt the story.

Hmm I never thought about it like that :P but you make a good point.
    But with every idea, there will be some pros and cons.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    I'd say bad idea.
    Too many people would mess up the show by picking the badest of answers.

Ash has caused Zekrom to faint, What do?
    A] Catch it.
    B] Leave it.
    C] Figure out why it was doing bad stuff and help it?

We all know what people would pick.

Although A & C could possibly have the same outcome.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I am all for more fan appeasement, but it seems like if they had something like that they would need to illustrate multiple possibilities in one episode based on the fans choice, which would inevitably effect what would happen in the next episode. At the end of the series the possibilities would be boundless and the writers wouldn't have the time to write an adequate story cause they would be too busy writing episode alternative outcomes.

First they would need to give us what we have been wanting for a long time, which is progression. So the idea of polls is great on face value but would cause way to much backlogging and would in my mind reduce the quality of the show.

TheLeetCasualGamer

Hi, I'm strange :3
    Years
  • I have to disagree

They're animators and writers, not brown nosers. You have to take into consideration the plot and the actual animation that works out with the plot. It's not a simple task. It takes a lot of work to make an animation, even with the right tools and also figure out how to formulate it so the pacing is kept up with a mixture of both the action and the small story that goes with it so it ends every episode with some sort of conclusion to the current conflict as to not leave the viewers hanging. All the writers, Music composers, animaters, voice actors, and the rest of the cast need to plan all this out in order to make a good series.

Example:
    If they give interaction like "X Character won the battle against the Y Pokemon" what will he do next episode, YOU THE VIEWERS DECIDE FOR THE NEXT EPISODE!
    Will he
    -Catch it
    -Kill it
    -Let it go
    The polls will take some time to go through first of all, and second, all the plans for the future episodes will be completely altered. They wouldn't have the time to do all the planning, animating, and writing for next week and will make it look rushed and lazy. Not only that, the option might also change the pacing of how many episodes their are. For example if the Pokemon Y was captured or was freed, it might have a conflict for a later episode turning it into an entire episode therefore not planning out the route of the main character and his overall pacing with the region.

The short: though it sounds like a good idea in the perspective of the viewers. You have to take into consideration of how much effort it would take and the near impossible planning that would be involved.

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • Maybe as a side series, but definitely not the main series.

I think the poll idea is great on Pokémon.com or something, so that the writers will have a general idea of what the fans want.

Back