• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022

I understand where you're coming from and there are even people that can easily get married that choose not to for those reasons. It's unfortunate that so many legalities are tied to marriage, at least in the US.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rights...ages_in_the_United_States#Rights_and_benefits
It's ridiculous how many they have! All because you have a white piece of paper with some black ink on it and a pretty gold border surrounding the edges, you get all of those benefits. If not, NOPE. Nothing. Nada. I can still get over that, truly, but don't mess with the kids. :c

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years

man wow sorry i've been mia for the last short lifetime.
yes i would like to hehehe. i just didnt know how to go about asking.

Yay you came back! Welcome, Sylarr :D

The point is that when you say "it's not a choice" you're unconsciously saying that if it were a choice it wouldn't be acceptable. To some degree that marginalizes people who are trans, bi, genderqueer or just questioning. What we should be saying is "It doesn't matter if it's a choice or not. There's nothing wrong with it."

I really don't think I am. The problem with what Cynthia said is that it has now set a precedent. Now that she has said it could be a choice, to suggest that it's not has now been given a stigma that is somehow negative or anti-progressive and I won't be painted that way. We should be accepted whether it's a choice or not - I've never disagreed with that. The fact that I still don't think it is a choice does not at all influence that standpoint.

Washington State (that's state, not D.C., Andy)

LOL

One thing about me and why I haven't discussed much on the topics here:
I don't care about the banning of gay marriage. I honestly don't need a ceremony or a piece of paper telling me that I'm in love with the man I go to bed with every evening. It's not about the principle to me, either. I would consider that man my husband regardless.
I don't care about the hatred towards gays. I simply just really don't care. Hate me all you want, I was raised to love all, and will love you. Take away all the rights I have, I will still find a reason to smile about everyday I live.

The rights and benefits that Toujours linked are the reason statements like "I don't need a piece of paper to tell me I'm in love" are hippie flower-child nonsense with which I have little patience, so I'm not going to go there for fear of turning into a Class A jerk; but she beat me to the punch with linking them anyway, so I'll take a different tack lol

I think it's great that you can be happy either way, and I'm sure most of us are the same. But the people who do care about gay marriage are not out there fighting because they want their special, magical day; this is so much bigger than that. The marriage issue, I find, is central to everything LGBT-related. It sets the tone for everything. It dictates the way the world looks at us. The kids out there that are getting bullied and harassed every day are so inflicted because the simple fact of being gay means that we don't have equal rights and we are not seen as equal; and this sends a message. It sends the message that we are less than anybody else. I can't see how you don't care about that principle.

While I think that 'being happy anyway' is an admirable quality, it leads to complacency. It means that you are willing to settle for less than what you deserve and more troublingly, do it with a smile on your face. I'm not trying to change your mind, but please realise that it's not silly and frivolous, what we're doing. There are reasons why we fight.

But one thing you don't do, is mess with the kids. Gay, bisexual, transgender, or straight, you don't mess with kids. You don't use them for political weaponry, you don't bully them, and you certainly don't ignore them. I hate it when I see a pro-gay ad featuring a child saying some crap like, "Why can't my two mommies get married?", or and anti-gay ad saying, "Don't let me grow up confused as to who I'm supposed to love."
This isn't their fight. Not in the least. They're right, kids look up to adults for guidance, they look up to adults for inspiration, and they will do anything for us because they love us. So why do people make them fight for us? Why go on live TV and tell your daughter to ask Michelle-what's-her-face, "Why can't my mommies marry?" Why couldn't you ask her that yourself? Why force your child to go on an anti-gay ad? Are you too afraid to say it?

So basically, leave the kids out of it. Teach them right from wrong. Bullying of ANY kind is horrible, and should not be tolerated.

Also, might I ask, why isn't it their fight? I don't really care about kids in general but I don't really think this "messes" with them. In any case, the paid actors that do the ads saying "why can't my mommies get married" probably do represent real kids out there who are asking that question. And one day, this will be their fight. Best we teach them now rather than later, in my opinion. On either side of the fight, the children in those ads have parents that would have endorsed what they were saying in order to allow them to say it. So they would be taught these values either way... the only difference is they are getting paid for saying it.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I don't think ads with kids in them mess with children any. Those kids are actors, and the point of the ad is to hit home with adults who care about children, not to affect the children themselves haha. You could say the kids who act on SVU are the worst off of all child actors.

TwiDragon

The fun shawl be doubled!
Years
You mean ads like this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtsovQiPE24
Yeah, they make me sick too. Leave the kids out of it.
Children will get exposed to stuff, its goingto happen. I mean, gay people arn't going to go up to kids and talk about sex. Its the same as a straight person really.
However, they are laughable!

(Sorry that video isn't actual ad)

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
The whole "Kids won't understand it" thing is total BS. Kids are smarter than you think. You don't have to explain it to them, you don't have to worry about it at all. You can completely ignore the issue, and they will figure it out for themselves.

Also, this one is almost worse. lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIYzlUGenuA

TwiDragon

Years
^Yeah, I've seen allmost every video by TyT that is tagged with any "LGBTS" tag lines. I like seeing news about the gay community, the good and the bad :3

Lately with all the good things happening, and more people becoming accepting towards the Gay community, discrimination towards them is starting to convert to something where people will get on you for. Like for example, there was that govener from TN who got destroyed by the gay community and the internet over the last comments he made.

Also, has anyone seen the link I posted? Its a read worth checking out :3

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
I have a couple questions for other Bisexuals(or pan/poly/omni lol), just out of curiosity. (How many do we have anyway?)

I'm just wondering how equally other people like each gender, and which do you see yourself more likely to be in a long-term (possibly permanent) relationship with? Also, how often does that change for you? Do you ever have times where you don't like one gender at all, and it's all about the other one?

I'm just wondering because in my case, it was all about guys at first, because they were new and exciting and stuff, and it wasn't for a few months that I actually started to care about girls again, and it was all about them for a few more months, and now I'm starting to lean toward guys again, so I just keep going back and forth. lol (Also, it's something to talk about. lol)

Last edited:

Pudz

Incredible Edible Vegetarian
Years
Well, the differentiation of bisexual vs pansexual for myself is that bisexuals maintain favorable lists of qualities for boys and a favorable list of qualities for girls. A pansexual maintains a single list of desirable qualities.

So, in my case, as a pansexual girl I honestly can't foresee a prediction with regards to gender. It'll just be whoever I wind up with, I guess.

TwiDragon

Years
I have a couple questions for other Bisexuals(or pan/poly/omni lol), just out of curiosity. (How many do we have anyway?)

I'm just wondering how equally other people like each gender, and which do you see yourself more likely to be in a long-term (possibly permanent) relationship with? Also, how often does that change for you? Do you ever have times where you don't like one gender at all, and it's all about the other one?

For me, I would have to say that I like girl in terms of apperence about 60/40. A lot of my fantasys however normality revolve around at least one guy involved in them other than myself. I can be very nit-picky with apperence, and this goes with both genders, however a lot of masculine traits don't really please me, so I tend to be more picky towards guys.
I would love to have a relationship with a guy, infact I've had a lot thought about weather or not I should open up to a guy online, but I'm not sure due to distance. In terms of my desires of what I would like right now, I'd probably be able to do more things a true full relationship has with a guy. I don't want to get into much detail, but there is more things I'd be willing to do sexually either through conversation or through physical interaction. Even with past girlfriends I haven't been able to build up confidence to do any kind of action. However, with guys I can go up to them and have a conversation about all sorts of stuff like its nothing (Mostly online)

So in short, I like the feminine nature however I have more gay/bi fantasys than straight ones.

EDIT - I also would like to say that I am jumping around a bit. I could really go into detail (insane detail) over a PM or something. I don't want to say anything that would land me with an infraction :x

Last edited:

TwiDragon

Years
Well thing is, its really three things that get to me: Super Short Hair, Large Muscular Build, and Hair (outside the head)
I know its a fictional character, but the Main Protagonist in Persona 3 and Russia from Hetalia are two guys I find attractive. However, if their were an irl version of a charachter like Goku(DBZ), then I wouldn't be interested :x

Pudz

Incredible Edible Vegetarian
Years
Uhhuh, so you desire more feminine qualities in a partner regardless of gender. Likewise, I suspect a very boyish girl (who might have some of those same qualities) would be equally unappealing to you, right?~

TwiDragon

Years
Actually, I find them to be rather attractive. I wouldn't know what you mean by text, which is why its hard for me to say what I don't and do like in terms of apperence. If I could show images, and go into massive detail I would, but as I said I don't want to drag it out too long, and I don't even know if some of the stuff I would have to say would be rated for the fourm :x

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
Years
I find girls who look like boys hot and boys who look like girls hot XD Its different I know :)

TwiDragon

Years
^That actually isn't far off from me. I actually find girls with reasonably short hair (not like bald or borderline) and who go as tomboys to be attractive. However, my line of what I'm attracted too is a lot more open than just that ;)

Years

Short answer: I like girls more than boys.

Long answer: I am, or have been, attracted to a large range of genders/body types/appearances/etc., more often than not a girl, but there are plenty of guys and trans people I think are cute. Recently I've been finding more guys more attractive more often, but I think that's because I'm in a relationship and have all the feminine beauty I could possibly want right before my eyes. :3 Of course I'm not saying I'm gonna act on the other feelings, just that I'm noticing them. When I'm single I tend to find feminine traits more attractive on average, regardless of who they appear on.

If you find feminine qualities attractive in both boys and girls you might just be gynephilic ^_^
Pudz wins the Word of the Day award.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
OK here we have a garden variety bigot talking about why gay people shouldn't be allowed to marry. Nothing special, certainly nothing we haven't seen before. It's become so common it doesn't even really anger me anymore lol - but the reason I'm pasting this is because the argument he is using is one that they all seem to use as if by some filthy bigot hive-mind. He's using the argument that essentially gay people shouldn't be allowed to marry because it doesn't benefit society. For some reason, this time it got me thinking.

Pretend for a moment that he is right - that gay marriage doesn't benefit society in any way. He's not, of course, but just use your imaginations. Why on earth, even if correct, is this argument relevant? Why does everything have to further some sort of human agenda in order for it to be legal? Why does everything we do have to have a point?

TwiDragon

Years
Any person in political power who has to back up something on religion or on hatred for a group, is not a good person. I think that in time all of these old people who go by standereds from 40 years ago need to go. We need politicians who are more modern, ones that weren't raised under the roof of an anti-gay agenda. Its not right.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Considering what Santorum means now, I don't see how anyone could possibly take him seriously. lol

Back