• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
I was working on my titlescreen and everything was smooth up unitl:

titlescreenr.png

(Yeah, I know i'ts kinda big, but I amplified it so you can see the title error)
When I import the stuff, the word "start" is not covered up by anything, but it is now.
Can somebody tell me what is going on and how do I change it?

Juan

Brazilian with a bad English
Years
well can anyone tell me where to find a workin a text ive downloaded 2 and both didnt work they were missing some file oh and how would i do it to insert a pokeball on one of my maps

Look for the missing file on google and download it.

Have you ever thought to see the script in some Pokeball in the game and try to make a script like that?

Dude, have things that only need only the brain.

Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2010
Look for the missing file on google and download it.

Have you ever thought to see the script in some Pokeball in the game and try to make a script like that?

Dude, have things that only need only the brain.
Yeah im using the pokeball as a key but what im still trying to figure out is how to set a flag that doesnt let you leave the room till you get one

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
Incorrect.

checkitem 0xitem 0xamount
compare 0x800D 0xvalue
if 0xvalue goto @pointer.

You were just missing the compare 0x800D :3
That's why I usually don't answer questions pertaining to scripting. I cannot script to save my life. haha.

If the player already has some of this item, you could use:

setflag 0x[flag number]
on the pokeball script

and checkflag 0x[same flag number]
if 0x1 goto @[pointer]

#org @[pointer]
continue the script...

rokrdude

POKEMON : SINNOH QUEST CREATOR
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
How can we find and edit the the complete script of a game using advance map(along with XSE as Script Editor)

I know how to look at the script of particular event or a map(but not the whole game)

The thing is I want to increase the price of going to safari zone but not able to find the script

Can anyone tell me?

Last edited:

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
How can we find and edit the the complete script of a game using advance map(along with XSE as Script Editor)

I know how to look at the script of particular event or a map(but not the whole game)

The thing is I want to increase the price of going to safari zone but not able to find the script

Can anyone tell me?

Why not navigate to the Safari Zone maps and decompile the scripts there until you find it?

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Actually i tried it but couldn't find the place where price of entering is specified
Could u help pls!!

In FR/LG: go to Fuchsia City and then double-click the warp at the top of the map that leads to the Safari Zone gatehouse (11.10). Inside, there will be three green squares labeled 'S'. Decompile the script on one of them (they should all be the same). Search the script for 0x1F4 (500 in decimal) and replace any instances of 0x1F4 with the hexadecimal equivalent with your new price. It should show up twice; once in a 'checkmoney' command (which checks to see if the player even has enough money to enter) and a 'paymoney' command (which actually takes the money away from the player).

In Emerald: go to Route 121 and use the warp there to enter the Safari Zone gatehouse (23.0). There should be one green square labeled 'S' inside which you should decompile. Search the document for 0x1F4 and replace any instance of it with your new value (remember to convert to hex!).

Also, keep in mind that you'll want to change the text too because it mentions $500 in there somewhere.

Last edited:

rokrdude

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
1) Thanks but can u post for ruby as well as im hacking ruby
(tried to search on emerald basis in ruby but no luck)

In Emerald: go to Route 121 and use the warp there to enter the Safari Zone gatehouse (23.0). There should be one green square labeled 'S' inside which you should decompile. Search the document for 0x1F4 and replace any instance of it with your new value (remember to convert to hex!).

How do i wrap to a position there isnt any wrap command given in script of 3 persons in safari zone entrance

2) Instead of creating a different script,isn't there any method so that instead of birch giving
regional dex he gives national dex( I mean any specials like there is one in firered) in ruby game

If there is no other way can anyone tell me

Can i put the 4 lines
writebytetooffset 0x2 0x2026B00
writebytetooffset 0x3 0x2026B01
writebytetooffset 0xDA 0x2024EBE
writebytetooffset 0x67 0x2026A5A
just after the one flag for shoes(in moms script ) is set

The thing is if a edit the script and insert the 4 lines i dont get option to save
all i get is save as option which saves the script as rbc,rbh etc
How Im suppose to edit the script
pls help

Last edited:

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
I cannot really explain this in pictures but on one of my maps you cannot see the people events, all the other event types work etc. I have repointed the event header for the map etc and nothing has worked :(

EDIT: this is on Ruby AXVE

Last edited:

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
1) Thanks but can u post for ruby as well as im hacking ruby
(tried to search on emerald basis in ruby but no luck)

How do i wrap to a position there isnt any wrap command given in script of 3 persons in safari zone entrance

2) Instead of creating a different script,isn't there any method so that instead of birch giving
regional dex he gives national dex( I mean any specials like there is one in firered) in ruby game

If there is no other way can anyone tell me

Can i put the 4 lines
writebytetooffset 0x2 0x2026B00
writebytetooffset 0x3 0x2026B01
writebytetooffset 0xDA 0x2024EBE
writebytetooffset 0x67 0x2026A5A
just after the one flag for shoes(in moms script ) is set

The thing is if a edit the script and insert the 4 lines i dont get option to save
all i get is save as option which saves the script as rbc,rbh etc
How Im suppose to edit the script
pls help

Unfortunately, no, there is no special or flag that activates the national pokedex in Ruby Version.
Instead of adding those 4 lines to another script, just make your own script, it isn't that hard, here I'll give you one to use.

Spoiler:

Yes, I know the lock/release aren't needed, but it is a good idea to include them in Every script you make aside from a level script that might not need it.

Now, to add this into your ROM is simple.
There are 2 ways of doing this, I'll tell you one, the other, you should read the guide that comes with XSE (If you are using it, if so, open XSE and press F2)

To insert this, open up XSE, and click "File" then click "Open"

Once you have the open file prompt opened up, switch the file type to GBA, and open your game up.
Your ROM is now loaded.
Now copy/paste the script I gave you into XSE, and hit the COMPILE button. (The button that kinda looks like 2 gears, it isn't that hard to miss...)

You should now see a new window pop-up, this is the compiler log.
At the bottom of it, in a spot called "Dynamic Offsets" it should show you a list of offsets, and a list of offset names.
(If you are working off of a clean ROM, you should see:

@start 800000
@exit 800025)

Now, click on @start, and hit the COPY button next to it.

At this point, you will want to open up A-Map, and go to Birch's lab (Where he gives you the Pokedex...)
You are going to want to switch to the "Events" tab, and increase the number of scripts by 1. (Unless the exit of his lab takes up more spots)

Move the script events that were added in front of the warp spots on the door.
Set both of their Var Num/ Unknown to 4050 and 0003 respectively.

In the "Script Offset" field, put in the offset that the compiler showed you.
No just move the script(s) on top of the "warp" tiles, aaaannnnddd...
Congrats, you have successfully inserted that script.
Now, after Birch gives you the Pokedex, just walk out of the lab and you will have the National Pokedex!

Remember, don't rely so much on other people's help, try to do things on your own, and I must insist...

READ THE GUIDE THAT COMES WITH XSE
Have a nice day.

Chicken Bones

Hacks 4 fun
Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2010
Move playet

Ok I'm trying to make a script where the player can move during it. (To be more precise where a sprite follows you). I am only one step away from success.

I can't let the player move until the end command. I have tried all manner of level scripts etc.

Here is a test. I wan't to be able to move during the script so for about 3 secs during the pauses. (Whole script)

Spoiler:

please tell me how to let the player move during execution.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Ok I'm trying to make a script where the player can move during it. (To be more precise where a sprite follows you). I am only one step away from success.

I can't let the player move until the end command. I have tried all manner of level scripts etc.

Here is a test. I wan't to be able to move during the script so for about 3 secs during the pauses. (Whole script)

Spoiler:

I like your enthusiasm, but you can not make a script like this. (I assume you are trying to make a Pikachu following kind of script)
I've tried, and I made one, but it was impossible to manage, as you can't have a sprite follow you from map to map... You can not move while the "Pause" is going...

This can't possibly be the whole script, but I have a feeling you are NOT one step awway from success... Sorry to burst your bubble...
You can not do anything while the command "pause" is running. Sorry.

Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2009
you put it before the start of the script XD

still not working =/
this is the script
I'm using PKSV to generate the scripts if thats any help...

setflag 0x828
#dyn 0x740000
#org @start
lock
checkflag 0x200
if 0x1 jump :end
setflag FR_POKEMON
countpokemon
compare LASTRESULT 6
if == jump @noroom
addpokemon EEVEE 0x5 QUICKCLAW 0 0 0
setflag 0x200
storepokemon 0 EEVEE
message @get-msg
fanfare 0x101
showmsg
waitfanfare
waitbutton
:end
release
end

#org @noroom
msgbox @noroom-msg
callstd MSG_NOCLOSE
release
end

#org @noroom-msg
= You don't have enough room in your party.

#org @get-msg
= You got a \v\h02!

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
still not working =/
this is the script
I'm using PKSV to generate the scripts if thats any help...

#dyn 0x740000
#org @start
lock
checkflag 0x200
if 0x1 jump @end
setflag 0x828
setflag FR_POKEMON
countpokemon
compare LASTRESULT 6
if == jump @noroom
addpokemon EEVEE 0x5 QUICKCLAW 0 0 0
setflag 0x200
storepokemon 0 EEVEE
fanfare 0x101
msgbox @get-msg
callstd 0x4
waitfanfare
waitbutton
release
end

#org @end
release
end

#org @noroom
msgbox @noroom-msg
callstd 0x6
release
end

#org @noroom-msg
= You don't have enough room in your party.

#org @get-msg
= You got a \v\h02!

If you used XSE, I'd help you...
But I can tell you now, the flag NEVER EVER EVER goes before the dyn...I don't use PKSV, but looking at this script I can tell that dyn is the dynamic offset... well, that is ALWAYS the first thing in a script. NEVER EVER put a flag before it because it won't even do anything...
In any case, I don't use PKSV, and I dunno if this counts for anything, butI don't think you can do a jump to :end, since it isn't an offset, it is a command... I might not use PKSV, but I can at least help by fixing it to the best of my abilities...
Hope I could help... Also, be sure to set the person's 2nd Unknown setting (in A-map, just below the X/Y pos boxes...) to 03... 2nd Unknown to 03, okay?
This SHOULD work, though I don't use PKSV as I've said before, so I'm not quite sure.

PS, I edited your script in the quote, try it out

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
Years
I cannot really explain this in pictures but on one of my maps you cannot see the people events, all the other event types work etc. I have repointed the event header for the map etc and nothing has worked :(

EDIT: this is on Ruby AXVE

Do you mean they arent there, check if there are any people events on the map haha.
The other thing I could suggest is making a new map (which you can just do with insert map on AM) or make new events.

If it glitched, make a copy of the backup and try opening it and see if the events are there.

rokrdude

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Unfortunately, no, there is no special or flag that activates the national pokedex in Ruby Version.
Instead of adding those 4 lines to another script, just make your own script, it isn't that hard, here I'll give you one to use.

Spoiler:

Yes, I know the lock/release aren't needed, but it is a good idea to include them in Every script you make aside from a level script that might not need it.

Now, to add this into your ROM is simple.
There are 2 ways of doing this, I'll tell you one, the other, you should read the guide that comes with XSE (If you are using it, if so, open XSE and press F2)

To insert this, open up XSE, and click "File" then click "Open"

Once you have the open file prompt opened up, switch the file type to GBA, and open your game up.
Your ROM is now loaded.
Now copy/paste the script I gave you into XSE, and hit the COMPILE button. (The button that kinda looks like 2 gears, it isn't that hard to miss...)

You should now see a new window pop-up, this is the compiler log.
At the bottom of it, in a spot called "Dynamic Offsets" it should show you a list of offsets, and a list of offset names.
(If you are working off of a clean ROM, you should see:

@start 800000
@exit 800025)

Now, click on @start, and hit the COPY button next to it.

At this point, you will want to open up A-Map, and go to Birch's lab (Where he gives you the Pokedex...)
You are going to want to switch to the "Events" tab, and increase the number of scripts by 1. (Unless the exit of his lab takes up more spots)

Set both of their Var Num/ Unknown to 4050 and 0003 respectively.

In the "Script Offset" field, put in the offset that the compiler showed you.
No just move the script(s) on top of the "warp" tiles, aaaannnnddd...
Congrats, you have successfully inserted that script.
Now, after Birch gives you the Pokedex, just walk out of the lab and you will have the National Pokedex!

Remember, don't rely so much on other people's help, try to do things on your own, and I must insist...

READ THE GUIDE THAT COMES WITH XSE
Have a nice day.

Set both of their Var Num/ Unknown to 4050 and 0003 respectively

Sorry man can u tell me what i did wrong Its still regional dex.
Steps i followed after opening a map
1)increase no of events to 1 and save changes
2)change the value of offset var num & unknown(even tried changing both unknowns) didnt change var value of the script
3)make the position x y same as that of wrap point
save the changes

I didnt get what u meant by it maybe this is the mistake

capture5.png

Last edited:

Chicken Bones

Hacks 4 fun
Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2010

Spoiler:

I like your enthusiasm, but you can not make a script like this. (I assume you are trying to make a Pikachu following kind of script)
I've tried, and I made one, but it was impossible to manage, as you can't have a sprite follow you from map to map... You can not move while the "Pause" is going...

This can't possibly be the whole script, but I have a feeling you are NOT one step awway from success... Sorry to burst your bubble...
You can not do anything while the command "pause" is running. Sorry.

Umm... OK

Back to bubble bursting...This is not my follow me script I have one it just isn't posted.

That was actually just a test to see if I could move during a script.

Ok so you can't move during PAUSE but is there any other time you can move.

Not sure if it's special or ASM but the safari zone seems to know how to do this. (I have decompiled the safari zone completely in XSE, all level scripts, tiles, people etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back