• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 12, 2010
I need help with this. When i go to pallet town it becomes like this when i am trying to return to route 1. And the connections are the same as before, so why is it like this??

I am using advance map

dunno.png

KhaosKnight

The 1 and only Khaotic Hacker
Years
  • Seen May 28, 2015
I need help with this. When i go to pallet town it becomes like this when i am trying to return to route 1. And the connections are the same as before, so why is it like this??

I am using advance map

dunno.png

You prolly changed the tileset in Route 1 and Pallete Town. If they dont have the same tileset then when entering Route 1 and seeing the tiles that arent in Pallete Towns tilesets causes the game to change the tiles.

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
HELP

hello for some reason if I go to a certain area in the game It makes the game restarts. It does this in a couple places in the game. So why does it do this.

I am using a fire red rom.

Last edited:

nemesish

Azure Trainer
Years
kind of an odd question but...

I have added pokemon on FR on the 25 free spaces.
As afr as i know they can´t be openly caught on the wild since they dont have pokedex data, and when tey are caught the game would freeze.
I have been testing these pokes yesterday and when i caught one (in this case Shaymin) the game said "Shaymin´s data now will be added to the poke dex". Frankly I was waiting for the game to crash, but... it skipped the dex and go the screen where Shaymin appears and the game tells me to give it a nickname.

This happened with every poke i added to the 25 spaces (M´-Arceus-Dialga-Palkia-etc.)

Is this common? I haven´t unabled the dex, so this bugs me a little.

KhaosKnight

Years
  • Seen May 28, 2015
kind of an odd question but...

I have added pokemon on FR on the 25 free spaces.
As afr as i know they can´t be openly caught on the wild since they dont have pokedex data, and when tey are caught the game would freeze.
I have been testing these pokes yesterday and when i caught one (in this case Shaymin) the game said "Shaymin´s data now will be added to the poke dex". Frankly I was waiting for the game to crash, but... it skipped the dex and go the screen where Shaymin appears and the game tells me to give it a nickname.

This happened with every poke i added to the 25 spaces (M´-Arceus-Dialga-Palkia-etc.)

Is this common? I haven´t unabled the dex, so this bugs me a little.

Well just make the pokedex data and see if it still works. This isnt really a problem. Just be sure to make a backup.

OutOfOrder

Saving you from yourself...
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2008
Well....

my brother was telling me to do a Deep Search for the Pokemon Emerald Rom in the UNLZ- GBA.

Now i cannot undo the deep search... all the pictures are srewed up...

how do i undo the deep search and make the pictures back to normal?

Here is what it looks like:

357hj4i.jpg

One more thing...

How do you use all 25 spaces in your Emerald Rom for other pokemon? I have seen people do it with their FR and LG roms...so is there a way with emerald?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 8, 2024
to undo Deep scan function, go to the directory same as the location of your ROM then Delete the files named "FILENAME.gba.pal" and FILENAME.gba.spr

Iken

The OTHER other white meat.
Years
Well i'm not sure if this is a SIMPLE question,
But i'm hacking Ruby version, and i'd like to
take out everything in the begining
i mean the scripts, like your mom talking to you,
and having to save Birch.

Is this possible?

Iken

The OTHER other white meat.
Years
Another question
...If i'm posting in the wrong spot let me know @_@

Anyway, i was wondering how you can make cutable trees,
rocksmashable rocks, movable boulders, etc. (the hm move things..)

i'm using A-map 1.92 and XSE

Help will be appreciated ^^

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2009
Okay, long story cut short.

A friend of mine edited the sprites of trainers for me with unLZ. But when I went through the game, a single sprite occupied not only one trainer, but two. I went to change that and found that several of the sprites had this problem. I tried changing it using a tutorial I found on Youtube but it didn't work, all I get is this big black box. What am I doing wrong?

Also, I can't seem to find some sprites in the coding. Through editing fire red I can't find misty, erika, Sabrina, or Blaine. This is odd because the sprites for these were occupying more than one sprite or were being occupied by another sprite. The one that I cannot find AT ALL is Erika, which was being occupied by Giovanni. The others are occupying other sprites; Misty -> Lance, Sabrina -> Bruno, Blaine -> Cue Ball. However, there is only ONE of this sprite in the coding; IE there isn't one for Sabrina and one for Bruno; One for lance and one for misty. I have no idea what the problem is. Someone help?

KhaosKnight

Years
  • Seen May 28, 2015
Another question
...If i'm posting in the wrong spot let me know @_@

Anyway, i was wondering how you can make cutable trees,
rocksmashable rocks, movable boulders, etc. (the hm move things..)

i'm using A-map 1.92 and XSE

Help will be appreciated ^^

BAsicly in the game you are using just search through the maps for the trees, rocks, boulders and ect. and just take the offsets from there and put them on the rock, tree you made. The trees and stuff are in the sprite pics, so you will have to make a people event with the desired pic and jus tput the offset there.

Years
how do I change a trainer's PKMN's attacks, PET doesn't let me change most of the Trainer's PKMN's attacks. ~on psp(limited typing)~

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
how do I change a trainer's PKMN's attacks, PET doesn't let me change most of the Trainer's PKMN's attacks. ~on psp(limited typing)~

There's another tool, that acts the same.
It's called PET's Revenge.

Acutally, PET's Revenge is just an upgrade to PET, but just like PET, it only lets you change the attacks of Gym Leaders and Elite Four Members (and maybe rival battles, I'm not sure). So, the Pokemon would know the attacks that they would have if they were that level (use a program like YAPE or PEP to change those).

Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2013
This is probably a stupid question but hey, I don't know these things very well.

How do you make it so that 2-3gen pokemon can evolve without the nat. dex

ex. in fr/lg i set one of the starters as a treeko and it wont evolve.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2008
Hello does anyone know where I can get a ruby.ini I have searched quite a while now and there are rumors you can get one. And no the one advance text comes with is not full. Please. and thank you

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Hello does anyone know where I can get a ruby.ini I have searched quite a while now and there are rumors you can get one. And no the one advance text comes with is not full. Please. and thank you

have you ever gave thought of what's the purpose of the search button in A-Text?
It is for all users to search for texts in the game.
There are tutorials in the Documents and Tutorials, e.g., my tutorial(which is now locked) on how to search for texts in the game with A-Text.

Years
Acutally, PET's Revenge is just an upgrade to PET, but just like PET, it only lets you change the attacks of Gym Leaders and Elite Four Members (and maybe rival battles, I'm not sure). So, the Pokemon would know the attacks that they would have if they were that level (use a program like YAPE or PEP to change those).

YAPE and PEP isn't what I was looking for, I want to change the attacks of the pokemon in that battle, not the overall attacks...
I own PET's Revenge, and need to change the Rival's attacks(Not able to in PET's Revenge for FR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back