• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Umbreon or Espeon?

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Espeon has always been my baby and I love how sleek and elegant of a design she has, but I also love Umbreon's more robustness, too. Final decision though, I'd have to go with Espeon.

bewbs

~Chloe~
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    They're both great in their own way as Espeon is an amazing attacker whilst Umbreon is an amazing wall. I prefer Espeon and use her in my team a lot and now I can't have one without the other.

pyx

I will never repeat myself... I will never repeat
    Years
  • I like Umbreon more. Its design is just so slick and its shiny version is... perfect.

Spr_5b_197_s.png

Just look at it!!!

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
    Years
  • Espeon happens to be my favorite Pokemon out of all, so of course I prefer Espeon. I like both of them, and commend those who have Umbreon high on their list of favorites.

As much as we'd all like to call Espeon a "she", the gender ratio is 87.5% male.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Both Umbreon and Espeon are awesome Pokémon. I've used both of them but I think Espeon has the upper hand for me, most probably because it's just so adorable!

Sirfetch’d

I am a huge fan of both and picking a favorite is hard. I used Espeon in the game more because I like offensive Pokemon because they fit my playstyle, but Umbreon is amazing in it's own right. If I had to choose though, it would be Espeon!

bradenm

Wheelie say find friends today
    Years
  • Espeon!! My favourite Pokemon since G/S/C ! I never knew how to get it and when I finally did I was in awe of it! I even have a pillow with Espeon on it! Tho Umbreon is on it too ;)

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2014
    Umbreon. I always got/get Alakazam for my physic type. The reasons for that are separate but Umbreon was the missing link in my torrid team at that moment in time.

Humble Hook

Because the Hook brings you back ~
    Years
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    Umbreon, as Dark is more useful to me. I always have one on my team, and it is usually one of my top powerhouses.

JGGray6

Huge PokeFan
    Years
  • I love both, I had Espeon so I will choose it. I had planned to evolve it into Umbreon instead but I didn't know you could cancel evolution (and maybe you couldn't back then, I'm not sure.)

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Umbreon may have the type advantage but its power is average a powerful espeon is something to reckon with with mine since I hatched it from an egg as a starter in a runthrough I used return, morning sun, psychic, and the last one I forget but I never lost with espeon and it was always the most powerful umbreon has more defense while espeon is more offense maybe u should hold a poll

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Both for me. I really don't care if my Eevee evolves into an Umbreon or Espeon. I can train both Pokemon. They are too badass for me. xD

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • I live the eevee evolutions its kinda my favs in the games and for those who say umber on is a good attacker espeon attacks are higher and more powerful but theyre still equal cuse umbreon has defense in its side

Back