• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

JadeX's OU Team [NEED HELP]

JadeX

Prince
Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    so here goes ....
    JadeX OU Competitive Team.

Infernape(M) @ Focus Sash
    Rash Nature
    Naive
    192 Speed , 252 SP.Atk , 64 ATK
    -Fake Out
    -Flame Thrower
    -Close Combat
    -Stealth Rock

Standard Lead and in fact , I think it works better than Azelf Lead due to it's fake out and STAB Flame Thrower and Close combat .
    It's fast , and often able to kill off common leads (maybe other than Swampert or those anti-leads Pokemon)
    Might save it later for STABBED Blazed Flame thrower ( that's where Starmie comes in to blow away Stealth Rock before his appearance ) .

Zapdos @ Choice Scarf
    Rash Nature
    Pressure
    252 Sp.Atk , 252 Speed , 4 Atk
    -Thunderbolt
    -Heat Wave
    -Hidden Power [ICE]
    -U-Turn

Either switch in to take attack , counter with Fire,Ice , Thunder (for Set up pokemon like DD Salamence , Agility Gross , DD Gyrados ) or U-Turn scout .

Salamence (M)@ Life Orb
    Naughty Nature
    Intimidate
    232 Atk , 252 Speed , 24 Sp.Atk
    -Dragon Dance
    -Outrage
    -Fire Blast
    -Earthquake

Typical Dragon Dance and then physical sweep with Outrage .
    A heavy sweeper , however it has a short life after doing an Outrage ( A confused Salamence is really like a Gamble , if it hits itself , I'm dead)
    Salamence is sort of the biggest boss in my team .

Lucario (M)@ Life Orb
    Jolly Nature
    Inner Focus
    252 Atk , 252 Speed , 4 HP
    -Sword Dance
    -Extreme Speed
    -Close Combat
    -Ice Punch

Lucario serves as a late game sweeper with Extreme Speed as well as a counter against Prior moves user ( mostly Honchkrow with Sucker Punch or Scizor/Metagross with Bullet punch though Extreme speed doesn't deals much damage to them )
    Close Combat is it's main attack and Ice Punch deals with Ground/Flying/Dragon .
    When boosted with Sword Dance , Lucario had proven itself a very dangerous pokemon .
    Inner Focus prevents Flinch ( because I think Lucario is fast enough and preventing Flinch is more important )
    Jolly to outspeed more pokemon as most people thinks that Lucario runs in Adamant .

Starmie @ Life Orb
    Timid Nature
    Natural Cure
    6 HP / 252 Sp.Atk / 252 Speed
    -Surf
    -Thunderbolt
    -Ice Beam
    -Rapid Spin

Used to play a Bulky Spinner Version , though durable but the offense is pretty low , so I went for a offensive build . Anyway , Grass Knot over Ice beam to take down Pokemon that walls this set ( Like Swampert ) . Was thinking of running a 216 speed and increase the HP to 42 EVs . Would it be better ?

Togekiss @ Life Orb
    Calm Nature
    Serence Grace
    252 HP / 252 Sp.def / 4 speed
    -Thunder Wave
    -Air Slash
    -Aura Sphere
    -Roost

Pretty standard Flinch Togekiss which have proven itself very reliable in this team . It heals , paralyse and flinches . Aura Sphere is there just to kill Tyranitar or any other pokemon that resist Air Slash .

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • I wouldn't bother giving Lucario Ice Punch, almost all Gliscor run 216 Spe with a Jolly nature specifically to outrun Jolly Lucario, and every dragon except for Adamant BandGon and Dragonite will outspeed you anyway, so its not really worth it imo. I would run Crunch so you can take out Rotom-A/Gengar/Dusknior.

Give Zapdos a Modest or Timid nature, its defenses are too good to take away from, and U-Turn isn't even used for doing damage on stuff really.

I'm not crazy about LO Rapid Spin on Starmie (sacrificing 10% for 2% just seems bad to me) but lots of people do it, so it must be a worthwhile endeavor.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    You lose to anything with Draco Meteor or Outrage, Lucario isnt bulky enough to take those sorts of hits. Get a better steel over the rather useless Togekiss.

Back