• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Release] Pokémon Shadowstone

Years
  • Thanks for the replies :)
    As for that error, I've experienced it as well and I'm not quite sure what causes that, still working on it.

Now, get ready for.
    Beta 1.1
    That's right, we made another one, and despite only being a 0.1 higher than 1, it's a pretty major update. Not only does it fix a few bugs, it also adds a feature that I didn't have time to do the first update:

All catchable Pokémon now have Delta Forms! You can now freely convert them back and forth using a Delta Machine, which can be found in Cypress' Lab or the Magnasila City Outpost. Pokémon keep their current moves while being converted, but their future movesets will change to match their new type.

Click here to download Beta 1.1! All save files will be compatible.

Also everyone give Cyan Orange a round of applause for spending three hours of her finite life helping me make movesets for all the new Deltas (which we literally just finished 20 minutes ago).

Congrats on the newest beta! And thank you for your hard work, Cyan Orange. I look forward to trying it out, assuming I'm able to (I have difficulty with some files).

jappo

[b]Thank you for being you![/b]
    Years
  • Wow looks awesome!

Oh no, why did I join this site? There are way too many awesome people that can make awesome pokémon games and Romhacks! Welp, Just gonna mail my boss now im sick for the next few days.

Ill be sure to check it out! I wont be doing a playthrought of this, since 2 a 3 other awesome PC members are doing one, but I am going to play this for sure!

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • We've released a bugfix, which I'm calling Beta 1.1.1 because you can never have too many ones. Fixes the Jelra Coast trainer who crashes the game, the Haunted House quest log giving the wrong location (it's actually in Magistra Town) and the Chimera Outpost event triggering incorrectly.
    Update your game here.

As for updates, I'm getting back to work on Beta 2, which will be 8 gyms long and end right before the Elite Four. It'll take a while because we have a lot of planned features, including character customization, but it should release in late summer or early autumn. We're also nerfing the Delta Machine in the next update (be it Beta 2 or Beta 1.2), so get yourself some Delta Pokémon while you can.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2019
    Hello. First i think the game is awesome till now. But i found 3 bugs in 1,5h playtime (i dont call the graphic loading problems a bug) first: the Abilitys of Pokemon dont show in the status window, second: the gymleaders dont give you tms (dont know if this is wanted) and third: there is a little bug with roar, if you use roar and are faster, the switched in pokemon uses the attack the other pokemon before would use in the same round, but if the enemy is faster, it uses its move and the switched also uses the same move in the same round, so it uses 2 moves in the same round and the attack of the switched pokemon still uses the stats of the pokemon befor.
    I hope i could help and that you find fixes for this

MCRosi123

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Update 4

Hi guys! We're still working hard on this, and it'll probably be about two weeks until our next release, Beta 1.2. Though it doesn't add any more Gyms, it introduces a new city, two new major areas, a larger Pokédex, as well as quite a few interesting new features.
    Where can you catch ralts in this game if it is available?
    Ralts is not currently obtainable! However, as of Beta 1.2, it will appear in Spellbound Cave. Enjoy!
    Hello. First i think the game is awesome till now. But i found 3 bugs in 1,5h playtime (i dont call the graphic loading problems a bug) first: the Abilitys of Pokemon dont show in the status window, second: the gymleaders dont give you tms (dont know if this is wanted)
    I totally derped with the abilities, let's not talk about that. It's fixed in the next version. Same goes for Gym TMs.
    and third: there is a little bug with roar, if you use roar and are faster, the switched in pokemon uses the attack the other pokemon before would use in the same round, but if the enemy is faster, it uses its move and the switched also uses the same move in the same round, so it uses 2 moves in the same round and the attack of the switched pokemon still uses the stats of the pokemon befor.
    Uhh I haven't touched that so it might be a bug with Essentials??? idk I'll look into it.

Oh, and here: Have some screenshots.
    5yRjyPd.png
    4Dcrttp.png
    Ou6bbIk.png

No, the titlescreen will not be that pixelated. That's just because I resized the screenshot.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Hey guys. Beta 1.2 is very close now, though it still has a couple of major things to wrap up. I just want to warn everyone that unlike Betas 1.1 and 1.1.1, the 1.2 update will break save files. Specifically, any save files from any areas past Route 4 will encounter errors with cutscenes and events.

We recommend that you either save at the end of Route 4 and wait for 1.2, or make a second save file at the end of Route 4. Shadowstone does not currently support multi-save files, but you can always clone the folder named Pokemon Shadowstone, which contains your save file. It should be located in C:\Users\[username]\Saved Games.

Although a few areas and new features have been added, there are no new cutscenes earlier than this point. You may want to backtrack to check out some of the small new areas - for example, Beta 1.2 Civitate City contains additional buildings, all of which have some interesting events inside.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Our progress has slowed down a bit since it's finals week at school for most of the team, but it's fine because we have no life and thus are actively throwing away studying time to continue developing this game. We're gonna let you in on a few of the completed features on our Beta 1.2 to do list that you'll get to check out before long.
    Code:
    - Nerf the Delta Machine, requiring Cores to change Pokémon back and forth.
    - New titlescreen that isn't just the recolored Pokémon Essentials one
    - Add Berry Trees to all routes
    - Expand Pokédex from 200 to 230 Pokémon
    - Replace Rival Jamin with Rival Lian
    - BEING ABLE TO CHANGE YOUR HAIR COLOR

Oh yeah, more on that last one. You don't get to pick your character's hair color at the start, but you can get it dyed at the PokéDyes Salon in Civitate City. The map in this screenshot isn't done, I just wanted to show this off.
    yenKaNv.png

Last edited:
    Years
  • Our progress has slowed down a bit since it's finals week at school for most of the team, but it's fine because we have no life and thus are actively throwing away studying time to continue developing this game. We're gonna let you in on a few of the completed features on our Beta 1.2 to do list that you'll get to check out before long.
    Code:
    - Nerf the Delta Machine, requiring Cores to change Pokémon back and forth.
    - New titlescreen that isn't just the recolored Pokémon Essentials one
    - Add Berry Trees to all routes
    - Expand Pokédex from 200 to 230 Pokémon
    - Replace Rival Jamin with Rival Lian
    - BEING ABLE TO CHANGE YOUR HAIR COLOR

Oh yeah, more on that last one. You don't get to pick your character's hair color at the start, but you can get it dyed at the PokéDyes Salon in Civitate City. The map in this screenshot isn't done, I just wanted to show this off.
    yenKaNv.png

Delays are perfectly understanable. We can be patient. The revealed features for the next release sound terrific, especially having a little more character customization with the hair color.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • It's a little buggy right now, but I've been recoding the Mech Pokémon sidequest - in the current release it's pretty half-finished, and I'm working on making it a bit more polished and interesting.
    IyJ93Zt.png
    0JrX27i.png
    ES7Uib7.png

also i recoded the sidequest system and it now shows the names of the sidequests and if you don't get the reference shame on you

Years
  • It's a little buggy right now, but I've been recoding the Mech Pokémon sidequest - in the current release it's pretty half-finished, and I'm working on making it a bit more polished and interesting.
    IyJ93Zt.png
    0JrX27i.png
    ES7Uib7.png

also i recoded the sidequest system and it now shows the names of the sidequests and if you don't get the reference shame on you

Sounds like a fun sidequest.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • We still have a ton to do before the next release, as we've actually been adding more features to the to-do list faster than we can finish them, but nevertheless it's time to showcase a bit more stuff! A new area, a new Pokémon Center tileset, and a new Team Chimera event :)
    V22HsDL.png
    h7Xv3RU.png
    c0D6OJB.png

Years
  • We still have a ton to do before the next release, as we've actually been adding more features to the to-do list faster than we can finish them, but nevertheless it's time to showcase a bit more stuff! A new area, a new Pokémon Center tileset, and a new Team Chimera event :)
    V22HsDL.png
    h7Xv3RU.png
    c0D6OJB.png

The new Pokemon Center looks wonderful. Do I see a Pokemart salesman?

Back