• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why was Misty so mean to Psyduck?

Kaiboiii

Wanna be the very best
Years
  • Seriously she was so mean to him, I started to feel sorry for him even if he was a nuisance. He just wanted a chance. :c

Years
  • Well, originally Misty didn't want to capture Psyduck because honestly would you want a Pokémon with a serious chronic illness (Psyduck's constant headache)? And I really can't blame her for being annoyed with it popping out when she called on a different Pokémon, and it not being a really powerful battler until it's headache was really severe. And as for her hitting Psyduck, she had to make it's headache really bad for it be able to use it's powerful Psychic attacks, so she attacked it in various ways like punching and hitting it, or even slamming a bike over it's head.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
  • Because Misty didn't want to capture Psyduck. And yeah...I feel sorry for that Psyduck, that's Misty for you. ;)

masterquestmq

Enthusiastic Rom Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    She loved psyduck which is why she turned down a chance to trade him with koga
    U hurt the ones u love... Psyduck is ultimately one of her fav pokemon

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    Yeah, Psyduck couldn't swim haha, I've just recently watched an ep where she puts it in a rubber ring so it can go in the water with the others. But yeah, she was probably mean to it 'cause she didn't want to catch it in the first place, like others have said.

doeboy9

This Guy Right Here
    Years
  • Haha I'm re-watching the old episodes on dvd and I gotta say, Misty's feuds with Psyduck are hilarious! He was hopeless and she did not have the patience for him. My favorite was when they were trying to find someone who wouldn't fall asleep to Jigglypuff's song and they thought Psyduck stayed awake. Turns out he was only sleeping with his eyes open.

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
    Years
  • Because its a damn psyduck. Its almost like a magikarp. Useless until it evolves. -_- Plus I wouldnt be happy if my pokemon was so annoying. But I must say. I also feel a little sorry for it. :/ just wondering...did it ever evolve?

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2013
    Because its a damn psyduck. Its almost like a magikarp. Useless until it evolves. -_- Plus I wouldnt be happy if my pokemon was so annoying. But I must say. I also feel a little sorry for it. :/ just wondering...did it ever evolve?

No don't think so, there was an episode were her bag fell into the water and a Golduck appeared, but it ended up being a wild one.

Shikai

Fight for the name of Pokemon
    Years
  • Well at first misty hated psyduck but after seeing its enormous strength misty was impressed. Plus before Psyduck didn't do anything at all even though it came out when it was not called.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
    Years
  • What I think is even more interesting is that Psyduck seemed to love Misty (not the romantic type ;P). Despite the fact that its capture was accidental, Psyduck was loyal like a dog who never got it through to it that it's owner didn't want anything to do with it.

Eventually, Misty warmed up, but I'm sure she had very low tolerance for Psyduck. It's the same deal with team "Toyboy" vs Team Rocket. Eventually, Ash and co. got sick of Team rocket's foolishness day after day, so they just started 'beating' them every time they showed their face with Thunderbolts and what not. Even Misty didn't always clock Psyduck upside the head to increase his migraine pain.

Sometimes she just felt the need to pop a smack.

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2022
    Strange how the anime has always taught us that power doesn't matter and that all pokemon should be treated as equals yet misty mistreated psyduck all the time for being weak and stupid as opposed to strong and smart. That's quite a large contradiction if you ask me.

Back