• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen 4th Gen Remakes in Gen 7?

Indigo

The Novelist from Panju
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 7, 2019
So Game Freak has basically done a remake in each generation with the exception of generation 5, I'm a huge fan of Diamond, Platinum, and Pearl. And though it's very early to start talking about this with the announcements of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, I wonder if there will be a remake in the next generation. Do you guys think we will see a remake of sinnoh in gen 7?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Maybe! That'd be pretty cool, and following the trend you would expect there to be one. As for when Gen 7 will be out (if there will be a gen 7 [probably will be]), who knows. I can only predict that it'd be in a few years haha.

Years
Having Sinnoh remade in Generation 7, if there will be a Generation 7, would be one of the best things to ever happen in my life. Just looking back in the past, Kanto had remakes in Generation 3, Johto had remakes in Generation 4, Hoeen is currently getting a remake in Generation 6. I know they skipped over Generation 5 for older remakes, but it was a short Generation to begin with. Anyways, if it's like in the past, there will be a remake for Sinnoh. It would be such a great thing, the graphics would be so much better than before, and there would also be a lot more Pokemon to choose from, since there were more regions after it. The remakes would make my Sinnoh journey better than before, but it would have to follow the Platinum story line for it to be absolutely perfect in my books, but it would most likely be the Diamond and Pearl story line. Either way, I can't wait to see the day they announce the remakes for Sinnoh, even if it takes years beyond years to do so.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 14, 2021
I wonder, if there were to be remakes of D/P/P in gen 7, would they still be on the 3DS? Or would the 3DS not be technically advanced enough to bother remaking them?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Is there really a need for remakes? You can play DPP on 3DS already.

There was no need for Ruby and Sapphire remakes and they are still being remade. Moot point.

The next remakes won't be until we have a new system again. So far they are released with every new system, not by generation since Gen 5 disproved the generation theory.

R/B Remake was for the GBA
HG/SS was for the DS (System after the GBA series)
ORAS is for the 3DS (System after the DS series)
D/P remakes will be for what ever takes the 3DS's place.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
I dont think there is coming a gen 7, because we saw gamefreak run out of idea's lately (b/w/b2/b2 cough...cough...). Or we get no newer generetion and awesome remakes, or new generations with the worst pokemon ever

Indigo

The Novelist from Panju
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 7, 2019
I dont think there is coming a gen 7, because we saw gamefreak run out of idea's lately (b/w/b2/b2 cough...cough...). Or we get no newer generetion and awesome remakes, or new generations with the worst pokemon ever
Though, newer regions have had laughable pokemon designs, almost every generation has them as well, so as long as gamefreak doesn't start to disappoint us with lack of creativity, which they are yet to do, I will be pleased with both remakes and new games.

Evyl

t r a g i c
Years
I really think Diamond and Pearl need a remake. They're kinda left behind, and they're even slower than RSE were. :(

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022

Oh please stop. 'Running out of ideas' is the most aggravating argument ever. The newer generations are way better than tje older ones, because they improve and fix the cons of the older ones. GameFreak is a moneymachine (just like Nintendo), they won't stop Pokemon. Not until there is no money to make the games and continue. There are still thousands of fans suppporting the franchise and the fanbase is bigger than ever, so, your argument is now completely invalid.

Back on topic, I honestly don't care if DP remakes will ever come. They weren't really my favorites, ad had some issues like the slow battles and overall movement. But that's of course a reason why it can be remade.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I really can't see this happening at all, considering that you can play D/P/Pt on a 3DS anyway. Ruby/Sapphire was made on the GBA, so I can see why the Hoenn remakes did happen.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I really can't see this happening at all, considering that you can play D/P/Pt on a 3DS anyway. Ruby/Sapphire was made on the GBA, so I can see why the Hoenn remakes did happen.

But there's still a lot of stuff to be fixed in DPPt like the awful speed of the game and they'll have a load of new features to put in.

I think we'll get them. And of course there'll be a Gen VII, just because YOU think the new Pokemon designs were bad and thus label GF as "running out of ideas", it doesn't make it so. Gen I and II etc all had their batch of bad designs, so...

Indigo

The Novelist from Panju
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 7, 2019
I still see it happening, trust me it will. They've made remakes for every game and i don't see why they'd stop at sinnoh.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I don't think so, or at least, not anytime soon. I still see new copies of Platinum being sold in stores alongside HGSS, which hints to me that they're not quite considered "old" yet. Remember that new copies of RSE were out of stores for years and the newest generation of 3DS purchasers were completely cut off from being able to play it before it got remade.

Back