• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2013
    EDIT: CRAP! The title got screwed. Sorry, I didn't realize that had happened :((. This is a UU RMT/Help Me thread.

Okay, so before I begin, I'd like to say that this is my first attempt at building a team. That is one reason why I decided to create a UU team, as it seems to be a little (LITTLE) easier to understand. I am NOT extremely good with all the specificities within the metagame, so bare with me if my descriptions seem a tad shallow. Without further ado...

Uxie (Lead SR/Statuser)
    Item: Leftovers
    Nature: Bold
    Evs: 173def/150spe/137spatk/50spd
    Moves:
    ~Stealth Rock
    ~Thunder Wave
    ~Psychic
    ~Skill Swap (Previously U-Turn)

So the basic strategy here is to set up Stealth Rock, status whatever is out (if it's able to be statused), then Psychic away. I used to have u-turn so that I would be able to switch to a counter, but I found myself not using it very often, so I adopted skill swap. Mainly to ruin Medicham (who rapes me always). EVs are there to help survival. The speed is to make up for lack of a Choice Scarf (a set I've used before. Nice, but forces me to switch too much. Status + Choice is bad for me...)

Tangrowth (Physical Wallish/Physical Attacker)
    Nature: Impish
    EVs: 252atk/252spe/4def
    Moves:
    ~Power Whip
    ~Knock Off
    ~Hidden Power (Fire)
    ~Sleep Powder

So...yeah. Tangrowth is one that I REALLY need some advice on. As I said, he's there KIND OF as a wall and KIND OF as a physical attacker. Power Whip is there for...power, Sleep Powder to sleep counters/annoying things, Knock Off gives Ghost coverage (yeah, right) and annoys those who rely on Leftovers. Hidden Power covers opposing Grass/Ice types...though I'm not sure. Suggestions on the moveset would be appreciated. EVs are pretty self explanatory...attack because he needs it, speed because without it he dies.

Donphan (Spinner/Sorta Wallish/Revenger(ish)
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 252atk/204def/52 HP
    Moves:
    ~Earthquake
    ~Assurance
    ~Ice Shard
    ~Rapid Spin

Jack of many trades here. He comes in on something he resists (with his defense, that's usually not a problem), spins away any owchies, then just kills stuff. Earthquake takes care of things that die to earthquake, and assurance is there for annoying Ghosties that have Levitate (and I suppose it could be used on Psychics too). Ice Shard is one of the highlights of this set. With it, Donphan can take care of opposing grounds (Dugtrio) or at least HURT things that try to kill it (like opposing grasses and the like). Also, he can revenge kill those who've been weakened. I like him a lot.

Moltres (Special Sweeper)
    Item: Life Orb
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 252spe/252spatk/4def
    Moves:
    ~Fire Blast
    ~Air Slash
    ~Hidden Power (Grass)
    ~Roost

This thing usually rapes. Fire Blast and Air Slash get STAB, combining with Moltres' huge Special Attack and Life Orb to destroy whatever comes in. HP Grass is to cover Dugtrio/Milotic/Azumarill/Etc. Though, usually, Azumarill will just Aqua Jet, so maybe not her. Roost is to recover LO damage when I face something I resist or if something tries to set up.

Lanturn (Special Wall/Heal Beller)
    Nature: Calm
    EVs: 40hp/76def/140spatk/252spdef
    Moves:
    ~Surf
    ~Ice Beam
    ~Heal Bell
    ~Thunderbolt

I LOVE THIS THING. Seriously, it's won me quite a few battles. Anyway...Surf/Ice Beam/Thunderbolt for coverage, pretty standard. Heal Bell can save my arse ocasionally. I once was infatuated/confused/paralyzed. Managed to get a Heal Bell and later won the battle. So...I love that. Other than that, Lanturn just ABSORBS hits. The def evs allow him better survivability against EQ (he survived a max atk Sharpedo's EQ, so I'm not complaining). He also nom noms on surfs/ice beams/energy balls/etc. I can usually switch into something electrical to heal him up a little, so that's nice as well. Yeah.

Finally...

Aggron (FRIGGEN PHYSICAL WALL/OMGHOWYOUHITSOHARDHAX)
    Item: Choice Band
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 252atk/252spe/4def
    Moves:
    ~Head Smash
    ~Aqua Tail
    ~Ice Punch
    ~Low Kick

Yay. Basically, he hits things. Hard. But then something uses Surf. And he dies. Hard. I'm thinking he could benefit from Sandstorm support (I know he can. I've seen it before) but I don't know exactly how I would achieve that. Help? Anyway, Head Smash is the main move here. Kills most everything (ESPECIALLY annoying Mismagius). Aqua Tail/Ice Punch for coverage. Low Kick...no idea what that's doing there. I almost never use it. Advice for that moveslot? I was thinking of trying a Magnet Rise set to remove the worry of death by EQ (obviously I would rid of the choice band). Hopefully the EVs are self-explanatory.

Threat List (Sort of)

~Anything with Earthquake. Basically can destroy two of my pokes. Not sure if that's necessarily a threat, but...still hurts.
    ~MEDICHAM. 'Nuff said.
    ~Anything that tries to set up. In fact, subsetters are my biggest issue. I've no hazing moves or anything that can destroy stat ups, and I'm an awfully slow team...so, basically, if anything is faster than me, can sub, and tries to set up...I die.

I don't really know how to do threat lists...so I apologize if that's not so great. I've used this team for a while now and it's been doing PRETTY good. I've lost about 5 times or so...out of about 30 battles. Not that great, but yeah. Help me improve!

ANY advice (and ALL advice) will be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:
    Back