• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you add color to your font?

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    now i know how to add standard coloring to the font. however i wanted to know how to do it for more advance. similar to how i when we see Leafgreen, Firered, silver, gold and crystal in the home page of the forum.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • What exactly do you mean "more advanced"? As in, the boxes that encase the text there, or picking out specific colours?

If you want a quick way to make text of any colour appear nicely on any background, use this BBCode. Just put your desired text inside the [span][/span] tags:
    Code:
    [PLAIN][span=text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #000000;][/span][/PLAIN]

If that isn't what you want, please elaborate and explain more what it is you're looking for.

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    well if you used it as an example, that would help. i was looking for making white font with a darkblue border.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • HAY SUP

is this what you mean? sometimes you have to add a bit more coding into your post in order to make your text 20% more cooler than normal. If you want to use the example above, all you gotta do is to switch the color hex codes and the shadow pixel size. Check this post out, it has all the BB text coding that you can use, including glow, shadow, even you can add a bit of CSS if you feel pretty decorative.

Hope this helps a bit ;D

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    No...that has the shadow affect....but look at the coloring for "FireRed" and "LeafGreen" in the forum front page. Also look at "Gold" "Silver" and "Crystal" as well. its white with a solid, colored border.

i'm looking at that link, it doesn't give me much help. It doesn't give me the example i'm looking for.

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    It's basically a whackload of text shadows. If you look at the source, you'll see this inside the SPAN's style code:
    HTML:
    <span class="smallfont" style="color: white; text-shadow: 2px 0 0 green, -2px 0 0 green, 0 2px 0 green, 0 -2px 0 green, 1px 1px green, -1px -1px 0 green, 1px -1px 0 green, -1px 1px 0 green; cursor: pointer;">

To put that in your own text, use the [span] tag and wrap it around the text of your choice. So it'd look like this:
    Code:
    [PLAIN][span="color: white; text-shadow: 2px 0 0 green, -2px 0 0 green, 0 2px 0 green, 0 -2px 0 green, 1px 1px green, -1px -1px 0 green, 1px -1px 0 green, -1px 1px 0 green;"]Hello world![/span][/PLAIN]
    (I've omitted the cursor: part because generally you won't need it.)

I hope you get what you're looking for with that.
    ok thats what i wanted to know....

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    thanks. also, i guess it foes without saying that not all Forums are capable of using these templates?

Back