• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New at this, some help would be great

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2012
    Ok, so. While I've been playing the games since 96, I am new at this competitive battling thing- I just recently got access to WiFi. Until now, all of my in-game teams haven't really required much, but I've been told that competitive battles are on a whole other level. So, after educating myself on natures (and many an hour aiming for a certain Pokemon with a specific nature), I think I have a good team to start battling with... Maybe?

Hasty Zoroark [Illusion] @ Life Orb
    Nasty Plot
    Night Daze
    Focus Blast
    Flamethrower

Timid Latios [Levitate] @ Expert Belt
    Surf
    Roost
    Luster Purge
    Dragon Pulse

Modest Heatran [Flash Fire] @ Leftovers
    Toxic
    Protect
    Heat Wave
    Earthquake

Adamant Black Kyurem [Teravolt] @ Persim Berry
    Outrage
    Fusion Bolt
    Stone Edge
    Freeze Shock

Modest Volcarona [Flame Body] @ Chesto Berry
    Rest
    Bug Buzz
    Fiery Dance
    Quiver Dance

Timid Cresselia [Levitate] @ Light Clay
    Reflect
    Psychic
    Lunar Dance
    Light Screen

When I started out to create one, it was not my intention to have a team composed almost entirely of legendaries ^^' Just kinda worked out that way...

Last edited by a moderator:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • What are your Pokemon's EVs?

Anyway:

A miss from Night Daze could be costly for Zoroark, considering its low defenses, so it might be a better idea to use Dark Pulse instead. EV spread should be 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe.

Luster Purge is a terrible move on Latios, despite being its signature move. Use Psyshock to help get past special walls or Hidden Power Fire for Ferrothorn. EV spread is the same as Zoroark's.

Back