• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anyone here a Kingdom Hearts Fan?

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I have tried so hard to get into this series, but I've never completed any of the games so far. I remember birth by sleep being by favourite of the series so far, but the others I either sold (358/2 days, 3D) or shoved in my backlog (1.5 HD remix). I will be picking up 3 though especially if it does get a pc port.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I played a chunk of KH, part of Sora's side and all of Riku's side and KHII twice before I actually got into the series hahah. The first time I played KHII I got to the end and went 'wait that's it???' Then I replayed it a few years ago and ended up finally falling in love with the series.

After that I played Days (which I had for years and played a little before I finally finished it), re:Coded, then bought a PSP just so I could play Birth by Sleep. Then of course played KHIII when I got a 3DS! Out of all the KH games I, ironcally, still have yet to finish the first KH and either CoM for both sides. I do play on at least going through and hopefully replaying and beating KH when I finally decide to get 1.5. Eventually.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Don't listen to lightning on skipping Re:Coded. Yes its pointless in terms of plot, and yea the rehashed areas are dull due to them relying on a fake style for em, Wonderland for example being horrible squares with the old map layout, but the game easily has the best gameplay in terms of battle fluidity, and the keyblade system is easily the best one in the series. No stat boosts, that's relegated only to levelling up and the command board, but instead each one of the 8 offers a dfferent playstyle. And each one then has multiple paths to choose from, with a sub variation of that style. Need munny, then you go for lady luck, set to a money booster. Need xhips, boost item drops amd go after the enemies yu know will drop em.
    And then there is the command board itself. You go with a great sense of risk/reward in the game, due to being allowed difficulty changes on the fly. Like, if you play on proud and then set the modifiers for better drops, you can get a damn good amount of rare stuff early, but you will be a pece of glass, getting killed very easily. And then you have the opposite, you could breeze through the game, but don't expect to get to use any of the fancy stuff.
    I seriously recommend the game for its gameplay alone, as if you rely on plot relevancy alone, you'll get stuck playing a crappy Korean MMO clone just to watch some angst filled cutscenes.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I've played and beaten about half of the Kingdom Hearts games. I beat Kingdom Hearts 1, 2, Re:Coded on Nintendo DS, Chain of Memories on GBA, and 3D: Dream Drop Distance.

I've wanted to get the remixes to paly on my friend's PS3 but I just haven't gotten around to it yet. I love the series! My favorite game is definitely Kingdom Hearts 2. I really liked how the story transitioned and how we got to fight the Organization 13 members. Sephiroth too hard tho. D:

The coolest Kingdom Hearts game was Dream Drop Distance imo. I liked how TWEWY characters were introduced, and I hope that they are in Kingdom Hearts 3 as well.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Is anyone else excited for Kingdom Hearts Unchained Chi? :D It's a smartphone port of the browser game coming out later this year. They've pretty much said in the announcement article that they're making it with the intention of localizing it so that's essentially confirmation that Chi's story is important enough that they need to get it out there internationally before KH3. Probably.

It looks like a pretty good port so far just from the article, but we don't know many details yet. I can't wait though!
    Don't listen to lightning on skipping Re:Coded. Yes its pointless in terms of plot, and yea the rehashed areas are dull due to them relying on a fake style for em, Wonderland for example being horrible squares with the old map layout, but the game easily has the best gameplay in terms of battle fluidity, and the keyblade system is easily the best one in the series. No stat boosts, that's relegated only to levelling up and the command board, but instead each one of the 8 offers a dfferent playstyle. And each one then has multiple paths to choose from, with a sub variation of that style. Need munny, then you go for lady luck, set to a money booster. Need xhips, boost item drops amd go after the enemies yu know will drop em.
    And then there is the command board itself. You go with a great sense of risk/reward in the game, due to being allowed difficulty changes on the fly. Like, if you play on proud and then set the modifiers for better drops, you can get a damn good amount of rare stuff early, but you will be a pece of glass, getting killed very easily. And then you have the opposite, you could breeze through the game, but don't expect to get to use any of the fancy stuff.
    I seriously recommend the game for its gameplay alone, as if you rely on plot relevancy alone, you'll get stuck playing a crappy Korean MMO clone just to watch some angst filled cutscenes.
    idk man, I mean... I do admit that the gameplay mechanics were pretty solid in Re:Coded, but for me they just didn't execute very well. The result felt really clunky and awkward on the DS--especially after a much more fluid execution of the original command system in BBS. The repetitive enemies . I think the battle/gameplay system would have worked much better on a different console but on DS it just fell so flat for me.

I did really love some of the... god... I've only played it once and I don't remember any of the terminology. But I liked how you had all these different scales that could mess with your stats and give you all these boosts if you went with riskier stats. Like I think there was one where you could set yourself to have only one HP but then all normal Heartless would have one HP as well so if you knew what you were doing you could just slaughter everything. I don't remember the details but it was something like that and it was pretty neat. I'd love to see that kind of scalability come back to the series.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
  • Big fan of the series. I usually play it on my free time. It's basically my go to game when I dont have any other game to play or i get bored of other games. My favorite is Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix, that game was my first imported game, and I was so happy it got remastered in HD for the ps3. But yeah Im basically a diehard fan, If i had the money Id have quite the collection, but growing up, i didnt have a job and didnt have much money so I dont have a huge collection except every Japanese KH and Every English KH game there is.

Back