• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Gen V OU] Have some cake!

Salvation

To be saved.
Years
  • Okay no, there is no cake =(. Muffin?

This will be my first gen 5 rmt while also being my first rmt in a very long time. Tbh, Im placing this rmt up because Ive generally played my team a bit but while testing, I more or less don't know what Im testing it for so to speak (as in what to look out for and potential threats and the likes). So I've decided to post this so my fellow battlers can help me. Also, the descriptions may suck because I kind of have no rationale behind most of these besides general resistances ]: Other than that, thank you for dropping by and thank you in advance!

Team at a Glance
    598.png
    151.png
    385.png
    472.png
    642.png
    593.png

Team In-depth

598.png
    @ Leftovers Trait: Iron Barbs
    EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 Spd
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Spikes
    - Leech Seed
    - Thunder Wave
    - Power Whip

-> When first building my team, I thought right away to myself, I have to use Ferrothorn, I mean what reason do I have to not use him? As we all know, thunder wave is a huge nuisance, and put that in conjunction with the fact that I'm using Jirachi means the opponent's going to have a splendid time trying to do anything (in theory). The leech seed is generally great for hitting switch-ins and doing petty damage and healing here and there. Rest is self-explanatory.

151.png
    @ Leftovers
    Trait: Synchronize
    EVs: 104 HP / 152 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Nasty Plot
    - Aura Sphere
    - Shadow Ball
    - Psyshock

-> Mew is generally something you don't want to be around when he's got a couple nasty plots under his belt. Honestly, this guy doesn't do as much as damage you would hope he would do but he still hits like a truck with this kind of coverage. Aura Sphere/Shadow Ball provides the famed type coverage while Psyshock just sails by heavy blobs sdef(ie blissey and co.).

I wouldn't mind getting a better sweeper but I really enjoy the feel mew gives me with his type of coverage and solid defenses. It doesn't feel like he'll melt in the faces of a blissey shadowball.

385.png
    @ Leftovers Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 HP / 224 SDef / 32 Spd
    Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Iron Head
    - Body Slam
    - Wish
    - Fire Punch

-> When I was building this team, I remembered Aero saying something about how it was either this jirachi set or some bulky sd scizor set that every team had to run or lose. I'm not too sure about that but this Jirachi is definitely something worth using. A random body slam just to test the waters when this guy gets sent in may net me a lucky para on a sweeper coming to set up or maybe on something I may be able to set up on later. Iron Head is ofc a Jirachi staple. I can't help but feel that Jirachi is sometimes situational because I can never find the time to use Wish properly due to my mons not being able to switch in safely or Jirachi so close to its deathbed, possibly considering Protect over one of his moves.

472.png
    @ Toxic Orb
    Trait: Poison Heal
    EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Substitute
    - Earthquake
    - Protect
    - Ice Fang

-> I put Gliscor on this team for two reasons. First reason being that if I don't, the much hyped Landorus and/or Exacdrill will come and sweep me. Tbh, I really don't know much about them or how to play against them but Ice Fang will more or less drop Landorus and a combination of fang and eq would stop Exacdrill (hopefully). Running the Sub+Protect due to its reminiscence to stallrein. Plus, who wouldnt want to completely stall someone while you buy time or try to desperately stall some PP. Second reason Gliscor is around is more or less to have something to take bulky fightings and electric attacks.

642.png
    @ Life Orb
    Trait: Prankster
    EVs: 32 Atk / 224 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Hammer Arm
    - U-turn

-> As a homage to my old play style where I enjoyed having some sort of mon to clean up afterwards, I picked Thundurus. Going Mix was purely because it sounded nice that I could smash Blissey as well which would be highly delightful for my Mew. Not much else to say besides this guy hurts early game when Im opening against someone.

593.png
    @ Leftovers
    Trait: Water Absorb
    EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 Spd
    Bold Nature
    - Taunt
    - Surf
    - Recover
    - Ice Beam

-> Fire resists man, gotta have those. The original team didn't have a fire resist and the games didn't go down too well. I figure I didn't need scald, toxic, or WoW because we want that paralysis to go down. Besides, surf would leave a bigger dent on fires anyways. I chose Ice Beam instead of its second STAB mainly because I want the ability to predict a dragon switch in and nail an ice beam.

And that would conclude my rmt, overall, I like the new feel to the metagame and Im going to enjoy learning this new tier. Thank you in advance for anyone taking the time to read any of this and God bless you.

Last edited:

dreyko

Isolated System.
    Years
  • hey nice team!

if your worried about excadrill then you can try a full on offensive gliscor to help counter it because it can only hit gliscor for neutral damage or lower. excadrill is a major threat to your team because it can super effectively hit mew, jirachi, and thudurus. excadrill commonly carry a life orb or a air ballon, so that something to watch out for.

i also suggest putting will o wisp on your jelly so that you can cripple physical sweepers. another reason is that fact that t-wave cannot hit excadrill to lower it speed, since its speed is doubled in the sand. so, instead of trying to outpseed excadrill try to cripple its attack with a burn.

lol i wrote a review for this team earlier but i got logged out =(

anyways i hope this helps! 8D

EDIT: a good offensive gliscor set could be

gliscor @ flying gem
    adamant/jolly
    sand veil
    4 HP 252 attack 252 speed

acrobatics
    earthquake
    swords dance
    ice fang/ u turn

this set can counter excadrill because EQ will hit it super effectively. ice fang is for landorus, though jellicent can also take it out. flying gem + acrobatics is a sure KO in most cases and swords dance is there for when you can predict a switch. then the cast slot is up to ice fang or u turn. u turn helps scout.

keep in mind excadrill will still outspeed toy in the sand, but it wont be able to KO you.

Last edited:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I'm not rating this team anymore. Where's the cake?

Definitely use Will-o-Wisp >> Ice Beam. Ice Beam isn't going to hit anything hard enough to KO regardless, and you have Jirachi for Latios etc, and Ferrothorn for things with Outrage etc. Umm Raikou looks fairly annoying especially if Ferrothorn is down; it has no worries Calm Minding on Thundurus or Jellicent and then railing the rest of your team. (I'm pretty sure it 2HKOs Jirachi with +1 Thunderbolt.) There's also the off chance that it'll be your Rash Raikou with Aura Sphere for Ferrothorn sooo yeah watch out for that too. It'll check Thundurus less reliably that way but still, it's a possibility. Nasty Plot Azelf is also a big threat in the same vein, though it can OHKO everything with a moveset like Psyshock/Shadow Ball/Fire Blast or similar.

You might be interested in looking at a Thunder Wave Thundurus moveset. It'll slow down everything that your team is having troubles with dealing and give you an opportunity to KO, as well as slowing down everything for Mew to sweep lategame. You don't need a mix Thundy because Mew handles Blissey just fine with Psyshock. It'd probably benefit your team a lot more because it definitely has trouble with things that are faster than base 111; and opening up sweeps is wonderful. :)

I'm too lazy to think of anything elseee, so hopefully that helped a bit. :x I might come back later, too.

Back