• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

(OU) RMT

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2011
    Roserade@ Focus Sash
    Natural Cure
    4HP, 252Spd, 252Sp.Atk
    Timid (+Spd -Atk)
    Sleep Powder
    Toxic Spikes
    Leaf Storm
    Hidden Power (Fire)

Just a standard lead Roserade, the Toxic Spikes help Suicune out a lot later in the game when im Calm Minding my stats up.

Azelf@ Focus Sash
    Levitate
    40Atk, 252Spd, 216sSp.Atk
    Naive (+Speed, -Def)
    Stealth Rock
    Flamethrower
    Psychic
    U-turn
    The point of this Azelf is to use Stealth Rock, and U-turn to safety, so I can try and do some damage with it later in the game, because it's also supposed to act as my mixed sweeper. Stealth Rocks arevery important to this set, because when Stealth Rocks are up, Heatran gets a lot more OHKO's than it would without them up.

Heatran@ Choice Scarf
    Flash Fire
    4HP, 252Spd, 252Sp.Atk
    Naive (+Spd, -Def)
    Flamethrower
    Earthpower
    Dragon Pulse
    Explosion

Heatran just plays a very generic role of special sweeper, no strategy really implemented in this set, just try and KO as many things as possible before I get KO'd

Ambipom@ Life Orb
    Technician
    4HP, 252Atk, 252Spd
    Jolly (+Spd, -Sp.Atk)
    Fake Out
    U-turn
    Double Hit
    Payback

I know it's weird having an Ambipom on a team when its not a lead, but I wanted something to annoy the opponent. I also needed something that could double as a physical sweeper, which obviously is not the standard role for Ambipom.

Suicune@ Leftovers
    Pressure
    252HP, 252Def, 4Sp. Def
    Bold (+Def, -Atk)
    Calm Mind
    Rest
    Sleep Talk
    Surf

Suicune in my opinion is the most under rated bulky water in the game. After one Calm Mind it's able to take a Starmie's Thunderbolt, and then continue building up Calm Minds. What I'm saying is that Suicune beats every other water type in the OU. I think Suicune is the most reliable wall in the OU which is the main reason I have him. So basically Suicune's role on my team is a special tank.

Umbreon@ Leftovers
    Synchronize
    252HP, 88Def, 168Sp.Def
    Impish (+Def, -Sp.Atk)
    Curse
    Wish
    Protect
    Payback

Umbreon is a bit of an experiment on this team, so for Umbreon in particular any advice on EV's, nature, or just a replacement for it would be very appreciated. Umbreon after it Curses 6 times becomes close to invincible, and is supposed to act as a physicle counterpart to Suicune. So Umbreon takes on the role of physical tank.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

So theres my team, I refuse to replace Suicune, but I am open to suggestions of a different nature, EV spread on him. Other than that any advice on any pokemon, including replacements of the pokemon would be much appreciated.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Any Spikes stacking team needs a Rapid Spin blocker so really get one.

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2012
    1. You need a ghost type to block Rapid Spins. I'd recommend a Rotom appliance.

2. Umbreon might want Baton Pass so that it can pass those Curses to something that MIGHT replace Azelf or Roserade. That's your choice though

3. It's odd you have two pokemon filling in the lead role. It could work though.

Other then what I listed above, it's a good team. (And It's nice not to see all the standard OU threats in a rmt)

ShreyasPokemon

wants battles only...
    Years
  • Roserades, in my oninion, are not the best leads, but if you want to keep it it does not matter. Taunt leads can easily over come your Roserade. Once Taunt is set up the opponent gets off their Rocks/Spikes/T-Spikes.

Having 2 pokemon holding a sash is a bad idea. Especially in a team with out spinners. U-Turn is even worst on pokemon that hold Sash! Anyway... Replace U-Turn with maybe Explosion to take out pokemon that try to beat up Azelf. Take off that Sash and replace it with a Life Orb. But I highly suggest you to not have Azelf and instead have a Uxie.
    Uxie @ Leftovers
    Sassy (+sp.def, -spd)
    Levitate
    252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 atk
    ~Stealth Rock
    ~U-Turn
    ~Psychic
    ~Yawn
    To setting up Stealth Rock, Uxie is much better than Azelf because Uxie can actually take a couple of hits and scare away pokemon. Send Uxie out on a pokemon it scares and use Yawn, so that your opponent will either hit Uxie or return, either way giving you a free chance to set up Stealth Rocks. Psychic can easily take down a Breloom and U-Turn out to scout.

In a team that has Toxic Spikes, you do not want to use a Scarf Heatran. Instead use the TormentTran because he could stall out the opponent after the Toxic Spikes.
    www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/heatran <----- click on the link for more info about the Torment Heatran.

Sweeping is not a standard role for Ambipom... instead you want a Spin Blocker. A good idea I had in mind was a Dusknoir. Do not use it as a Tank, but instead...
    Dusknoir@ Leftovers
    Adamant
    Pressure
    252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
    ~Substitute
    ~Focus Punch
    ~Shadow Sneak
    ~Fire Punch
    This Dusknoir is seriously amazing. Your Opponent will predict a Will-o-Wisp like most Dusknoirs, but instead this one will either go for a Sub or Focus Puch. Shadow Sneak for priority and Fire Punch to take down Scizors...

Instead of Umbreon, I sugest a Spinner.... that would be up to you....

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2011
    Having 2 pokemon holding a sash is a bad idea. Especially in a team with out spinners. U-Turn is even worst on pokemon that hold Sash! Anyway... Replace U-Turn with maybe Explosion to take out pokemon that try to beat up Azelf. Take off that Sash and replace it with a Life Orb. But I highly suggest you to not have Azelf and instead have a Uxie.
    Uxie @ Leftovers
    Sassy (+sp.def, -spd)
    Levitate
    252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 atk
    ~Stealth Rock
    ~U-Turn
    ~Psychic
    ~Yawn
    To setting up Stealth Rock, Uxie is much better than Azelf because Uxie can actually take a couple of hits and scare away pokemon. Send Uxie out on a pokemon it scares and use Yawn, so that your opponent will either hit Uxie or return, either way giving you a free chance to set up Stealth Rocks. Psychic can easily take down a Breloom and U-Turn out to scout.

In a team that has Toxic Spikes, you do not want to use a Scarf Heatran. Instead use the TormentTran because he could stall out the opponent after the Toxic Spikes.

Sweeping is not a standard role for Ambipom... instead you want a Spin Blocker. A good idea I had in mind was a Dusknoir. Do not use it as a Tank, but instead...
    Dusknoir@ Leftovers
    Adamant
    Pressure
    252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
    ~Substitute
    ~Focus Punch
    ~Shadow Sneak
    ~Fire Punch
    This Dusknoir is seriously amazing. Your Opponent will predict a Will-o-Wisp like most Dusknoirs, but instead this one will either go for a Sub or Focus Puch. Shadow Sneak for priority and Fire Punch to take down Scizors...

Instead of Umbreon, I sugest a Spinner.... that would be up to you.

Thanks a lot for the two replacements, Dusknoir is perfect, as it replaces Umbreon's walling capabilities, and is also an anti-spinner. Uxie I'm considering, I've tried using it before and it's worked well, but I'm still a bit on the fence about that. I might try the TormenTran, but I kind of want to use it as a special sweeper, but I'll still probably try it out as a TormenTran.

Back